NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon_BlizZACK

Micro Machines 64

mima640b.jpg

Anyone remember this lil classic gem? I actually never got around to getting it, but played the hell out of the Mega Drive versions.

Who played this one? and how did it fair compared to the Snes/MD ones?

Edited by King_V

Fuck. Yes.

I remember playing 8 players with this with 2 in each controller. Absolutely chaotically hilarious.

It had its faults, but it was grand.

Never played that one. Was it as good as Micro Machines V3?

EDIT: Just checked, apparently this was just the N64 port of Micro Machines V3.

And there was a sequel; Micro Machines V4. Don't play it though, it was awful.

However do play Micro Maniacs. A fantastic spin-off.

Played this with a friend on full speed. Pure insanity, although some tracks were nigh-on impossible.

I remember having fun with Micro Machines V3 on my friend's PS1 and kinda always meant to pick it or the N64 version up myself at some point to see if there's still some fun to be had :heh:

I got it and remember it being chaos when used by a mass group of 6th Formers! As Dr. Bob said above, it wasn't without its faults, but was a fun blast. The multiplayer wasn't good enough to displace the likes of Smash Brothers, Perfect Dark, or even Mario Party however.

I got it and remember it being chaos when used by a mass group of 6th Formers! As Dr. Bob said above, it wasn't without its faults, but was a fun blast. The multiplayer wasn't good enough to displace the likes of Smash Brothers, Perfect Dark, or even Mario Party however.

Haha, we was the same! Someone brought in an N64 and pads and this iirc; we used to setup in a room at lunchtime and just got a bit mad with it. I was only just getting in with that crowd at the time so wasn't heavily on it, but yeah, was a chuckle!

One of the best levels was the one where you could all be tanks, and then the trick would be to stay on the start line and wait for your opponents to pull slightly ahead before blowing them up.

Another great one was to choose the level where you are all ice-cream trucks, and holding down the horn to play Greensleeves on repeat to thoroughly annoy everyone.

Bumping into the whoopie cushion to make fart noises.

That bit on the school level where there was a really long ruler, and you could push someone off if they happened to be next to you.

Memories, memories!

Sign in to follow this