NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Video Game Music on Classic FM

There had better be some Skyrim in here or there'll be hell to pay.

There had better be some Skyrim in here or there'll be hell to pay.
There are gonna be loads of omissions as it's only a 2 hour show.

Great that this is going on though, I bet loads of people that aren't clued-up on gaming (probably 99.9% of the Classic FM audience) are in a state of shock right now. :hehe:

Dat Zelda medley. :bowdown::cry::love:

A pleasant surprise, indeed. Sounds like they will play some Mario later. Wish they would do a Nintendo focused show at some point.

Edit: Nope, it was Weegee's Mansion!

Edited by Ike

On right now:

*EDIT*

Gusty Garden Galaxy... gets me every single time. :love:

One of the BEST soundtracks of all time, although I love all of SMGalaxy's music. Good that we have Internet and I could find the entire soundtrack, because this, Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 soundtracks are the ones I love to listen the most at the moment :)

(aaand LoZ: Twilight Princess here and there)

And they brought the original Mario medley on <3

Just had Runescape and Command & Conquer too

Aw, I missed it. :(

Noticed they have an article with the top 15 game soundtracks on their site.

Edited by Ike

Aw, I missed it. :(

Noticed they have an article with the top 15 game soundtracks on their site.

Wasn't Nintendoy enough for my liking, but they had some great choices. The Halo stuff always makes me smile, so epic.

Wasn't Nintendoy enough for my liking
Yeah, could do with being a bit more upbeat in general.

Think I'm gonna contact them with some recommendations for that end of year special: :hehe:

[tweet]513387028097290240[/tweet]

Stuff like...

I'll obviously have to lie about release dates for the first 3. :heh:

Everyone should send in MK8's Cloudtop Cruise as a genuine request though. icon14.gif

Think I'm gonna contact them with some recommendations for that end of year special: :hehe:

Stuff like...

Everyone should send in MK8's Cloudtop Cruise as a genuine request though. icon14.gif

Good thing we have Super Smash Bros. coming this year ;)

Looking at that top 15 list has reminded me that I'm seeing Distant Worlds (Live FF music) at the Royal Albert Hall in just over a months time. Much excite.

Check the guy wailing on the triangle at about 1:00:

Edited by Goafer

Stuff like...

Although it's a controversial one due to not technically first appearing in 2014, but The Last of Us and Left Behind both have absolutely fantastic soundtracks. The remastered version only came out a few weeks ago, so I'm sure it can count for that reason. It's also on spotify, so I've abused the hell out of it on there. Amazing.

Child of Light also has a few tunes that I thought were wonderful.

Although it's a controversial one due to not technically first appearing in 2014, but The Last of Us and Left Behind both have absolutely fantastic soundtracks. The remastered version only came out a few weeks ago, so I'm sure it can count for that reason. It's also on spotify, so I've abused the hell out of it on there. Amazing.

Child of Light also has a few tunes that I thought were wonderful.

Did TLOU remastered have new tracks? I've only played the PS3 version, but it didn't really stick with me. :blank:

While I can appreciate the quality of the more somber stuff, it's not really my thing to be honest. So yeah, I'd love for there to be more music like the examples I posted earlier in one of these Classic FM shows.

Did TLOU remastered have new tracks? I've only played the PS3 version, but it didn't really stick with me. :blank:

While I can appreciate the quality of the more somber stuff, it's not really my thing to be honest. So yeah, I'd love for there to be more music like the examples I posted earlier in one of these Classic FM shows.

I have no idea if the remastered contains more tracks or not. Left Behind has its own soundtrack and that was released in 2014. I love both, but then I am a fan of the sombre stuff and like a bit of variety. I can imagine the soundtrack fitting really well when you're driving in the dark and the rain. :D

I can imagine the soundtrack fitting really well when you're driving in the dark and the rain. :D
That'd creep me out too much I reckon. :laughing: In that situation I'd rather play this: :heh:

That'd creep me out too much I reckon. :laughing: In that situation I'd rather play this: :heh:

Hnnnnnnnnnnngggg.

Dat film

Dat soundtrack

Dat final boss fight (DRAGOOOOOOOOO)

Dat training montage (both of them)(DRAGOOOOOOOO)

Dat cold war theme

Dat unexpected character death

Dat ending speech

Dat national anthem

Dat everything!

Really need to find examples of a reasonable length and generally performed by an orchestra of some description.

Really hope the Japan Philharmonic gives the new Smash Bros a once through like they have in the past.

Edited by gaggle64

Sign in to follow this