MoogleViper

Job woes/wins

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Surely you can just claim GDPR reasons. 

At a former job someone on another team once got in touch with someone else while they were on leave to ask trivial questions. Always felt if they did that to me I would put in a formal complaint upon my return. Nothing is that urgent.

I've just told her no and it'll be done next week when he gets back. Just annoys me with people like that. They think their issue is so much more important than anyone else's time. Not long ago I would have actually put in a lot of effort to try and get the information myself but this place has just worn me down to the point where I will do exactly what my job requires and nothing else. As soon as I can find another job (or win the lottery!) then I'm out of here.

unless it was life or death (or maybe something i'd screwed up) i would be telling them to fuck off.  working during all this shit is stressful enough without being hassled at home!

On 20/10/2021 at 10:56 AM, Happenstance said:

Just been asked by someone at work  to contact a staff member who is on holiday to get a load of information because they don't want their boss to have to work during their holiday next week so need it now. They then got all arsy with me when I said it should have been asked for before we broke up for half-term and someone by the end of the conversation (it had moved on so I don't think I'm responsible for this!) she had started crying about working too many hours...

So it turns out the other IT guy that was on holiday was contacted for the info after all. He did reply with it immediately but set the reply as a scheduled email for 9am on Monday when his holiday had ended :laughing:

• Haha 1

On 01/11/2021 at 3:35 PM, Happenstance said:

So it turns out the other IT guy that was on holiday was contacted for the info after all. He did reply with it immediately but set the reply as a scheduled email for 9am on Monday when his holiday had ended :laughing:

thats the passive agressive shit i just love lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will said:

Started my new job and they wrote a nice press release about me: Press Release

Can't believe they didn't ask me for a quote

45 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Can't believe they didn't ask me for a quote

Yeah I was pretty shocked when I saw the draft. Will have words with them.

Think this is the first time I’ve been Pocket Gamer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will said:

Yeah I was pretty shocked when I saw the draft. Will have words with them.

Think this is the first time I’ve been Pocket Gamer.

Well if you move to a company that makes Switch games we'll be sure to post about it

Oh, they're based in Leamington Spa, is that where you'll be moving to?

7 hours ago, bob said:

Oh, they're based in Leamington Spa, is that where you'll be moving to?

Either Leamington Spa or Warwick dependent on where we find a good place. Definitely around that area though.

Stole a pen from the school office and it just exploded all over my hands. Feels like karma.

• Like 1

Yay! Will get a pay raise next year! However, no one knows how big it will be. It's just calculated by an algorithm. I find that a bit funny because:

At a performance appraisal I got a score of 3 which translates to "exceeds expectations" - there are 4 in total, 2 being "meets expectations". So based on that score, the pay raise will be calculated from current pay according to my role (my role says that I should be paid within the range of u and w, the role above me v to x where u < v < w < x) and the total amount of money put aside to pay raises, as well as the total number of 3s and 4s. That's a whole lot of variables! The pay raise will be effectuated in January where the amount will be revealed. 

I do know that it'll be more than 1 % raise, though, as that is the recalibration done every year for everyone scoring 2 or more.

On 25/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, Happenstance said:

Stole a pen from the school office and it just exploded all over my hands. Feels like karma.

oof definitely karma lol

i've been MAD BUSY in my new job.  felt like i was handling super confidential data in my old post (mostly patient medical records) but now ive moved on to governance within mental health which is super intense (adverse incidents, most of which are suicides or serious self harm) and im like eep ok :bouncy: