NEurope
MoogleViper

Job woes/wins

It sounds like you did a great job with that team. I'm sure parents would have something to say about it if you decided you didn't want to take it anymore which would work well in your favour.

It was a strange situation, as I had a few "well done" comments from parents. I can't tell if that's just a general school thing or if it was specifically aimed at me. We'll see.

I took charge of that team today and we won an away game 5-1. It should've been more like 25-1 as we were all over them like a rash. A few of the kids were a bit annoyed that we hadn't scored more afterwards as we had created tons of chances. I guess the standard has risen!

Got my first interview in Japan lined up next week, they want me to perform two demo lessons. This should be interesting/destructive.

Had my job interview for course leader last week and it went well. Despite face planting on the way to the college, I nailed my presentation and gave good answers to all the questions which were posited to me. Sadly, I didn't get the job and got no feedback or anything from the college about it other than a generic email that reads like something you'd send round to people who hadn't got an interview. Kind of annoyed me as there was only myself and 3 others who were interviewed for the position so not even giving a phone call or a proper email about it doesn't sit right with me.

Regardless, after a couple of days of feeling down about it, I've put it behind me and I'm back on the hunt for something. Waiting to hear back about 3 NHS positions I applied for awhile back, though whether I hear from them is another question as they're appalling for getting back about anything. There was a Speech and Language Therapist one at a centre near where I live so I've got things crossed for something there. And I'm still waiting to hear about a lecture position at my Uni as interviews have been pushed back till the end of this month (they should have been conducted Mid September) so hoping there'll be a sniff of something there.

Currently on a recruitment project at the moment, have been 1/2 running it with my manager. So that means distributing out tasks to do between 3 people and making sure things are up to date. So, i've had a few days off the last couple of weeks, left a few tasks to do. No-one did them, and what was done was a shambles and had no idea if anything was done. Had a meeting with the team to discuss why things were not done, got a few "shrugs". Had a complaint put against me for challenging why work wasn't done, so not best pleased with that.

Had 2 days off last week for the Mrs's birthday. Came back on Monday, to find nothing done and 7 more people added to the team. I've also been removed from running the project, but i'm still on the project. My ideas for sorting things out have been credited to someone else thinking of them, so i'm not getting the credit where it's due. And i'm being left with the crap no-one else wants to do, however as it's such a mess (and things keep moving around in the folders) i have no idea where to start

Asking to move to a different project as i can't work with this team.

Fight the power @Jimbob.

I thought my Post Office interview went rather well. However they haven't gotten back to me when they said they would (Monday), so I sent an email to the recruitment guy asking about the status of my application and I have received no reply. A little worried about that now. Will ring him this Monday when I'm free.

Currently working with/under the missus at her lab. I've been doing the science and shit, I know what I'm doing but not necessarily the why bit. I know I'm filtering water and stuff. S'about it. It gets rather taxing after awhile. I haven't felt that worn out for some time. Although we only get 30 mins break. At least I can use Kelly as an official reference on my CV now.

Here's hoping the interview at Costa goes alright tomorrow. I'm not sure whether to explain that I'm not at Tesco anymore - when they phoned earlier this week I semi-implied I still worked there "At Tesco I did X..." or "The team I worked with at Tesco..." using past participles without explicitly stating I no longer worked there. I may lay my cards on the table tomorrow and they can feel my honestly, on the other hand I fear it'd backfire and they wouldn't want to hire someone who was dismissed for "gross misconduct"

On that note, I've decided to appeal my termination just because - I stated that my previous warning was inaccurate and when researching the social media policy for Tesco I came across one which was apparently made 7 Dec 2015, the last policy I signed being in 2011. I stated that I wasn't given opportunity to read/sign this new* policy and if I had been able to do so these events wouldn't have occurred. I also said I would be seeking legal assistance with regards to bringing an unfair dismissal claim because of this. Haven't heard anything since (only sent on Thursday) but am interested in their response.

*It does appear to be more comprehensive than the other one. It states that it "consolidates all guidance on social media into one policy" implying that guidance has been taken from somewhere else ie. not in the original policy.

Got my first part time job in Japan, helping Japanese people practice their conversational English at a cafe. Now to secure more part time work with more hours as I'm not too sure how many they'll have available for me!

Welp, lost my job inside of four weeks. Basically failed one too many audits so it's not a totally unfair cop, not devastated to loose that particular job either. Seemed like a nice place at first but the training was all over the place and we kept getting told contradicting policy several times a week, not to mention some HR weirdness I won't go into.

It's a blow for sure because it seemed a golden opportunity at first and while I did try I just wasn't a fit for it. Now I've got the stress of job hunting with "immediate start" written on my applications. Erk.

179.gif

Edited by gaggle64

Welp, lost my job inside of four weeks.

One of us!, one of us!

Still that a real kick in your mastodonian 13 inch dick thoough.

One of us!, one of us!

Still that a real kick in your mastodonian 13 inch dick thoough.

It's not only the kindness but the eloquence of your words that balms my soul.

Operation Job Hunt - Job Harder is now underway, interview for Thursday morning and another likely in the pipe for a job that could start as early as next Monday. Fingers crossed.

Week 3 and I'm still there! Week 1 was great, really. The team were cool and we all get along. Although the girl I've told you about has actually told me she's in love with me and can't stay away from me. We had a talk where I basically said we can't be together because she's married with kids and we work together and I'm not into her like that. She understood and we got along well. Week 2 was a nightmare. My manager went on holiday and I was in charge of the shop as well as being very ill with a bad cold. My manager said I did very well considering everything was against me and was very impressed. Week 3 is this week and so far, we're doing good and she's treating me to a Subway lunch tomorrow to thank me for my work and overtime. So far, so good.

On top of that, my so-called friends (the manager and her fiance- who was my best friend) have blocked me entirely on all social media as well as a few other people without telling them why. I get myself but not the other people. Fuck 'em.

My boss asked me yesterday if I want to do five days a week for a month from mid-November and my response was the very enthusiastic "probably I guess".

Just wasn't in the mood to make a decision at that point :heh:

First full week of working in Singapore for a few months is done. On the plus side it's a far nice working environment than Tokyo and there are a lot of super exciting projects coming from the teams here. I pretty much have an offer to move over here, with stock option should I want it. However, the bad side...

Singapore must be the most boring, bland and uncultured place I have ever been to. If it wasn't for a few trips in the middle of this business trip I'm not sure I could handle being here. I guess it means I'm productive in the office though as there is nothing to leave it for. I guess the ease of SEA travel is the one upside in that regard.

Still we'll see how the rest of the trip goes...

Oi, 2 interviews down and no score yet. Still early days yet but none of this is helping the ol' anxiety. Few more applications fired off, nothing to do but wait for the next opportunity and try again.

Technically got a reply from the post office, fired off an email to the recruitment guy, the eventual response:

"Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I thought the managers doing the interviews would have come back to you by now!! Just so your mind can be put at rest, on this occasion you will not be made an offer I’m afraid.

Good luck with the job hunting,

Kind regards"

So that's a no.

Got a letter from the Usdaw Union about initiating tribunal proceedings. I'm wondering whether it's worth the effort. I might just cut my losses and walk away, designing a nice picture dig at the store manager for the store's Facebook group.

Currently I'm still working for the missus. Been getting a bit more responsibility, it's alright but I don't think it's something I want to do permanently, so it's back to the search.

I've signed up to another teaching agency and have also got the applications ready for about five other jobs that I've found, one of which looks pretty interesting.

Forgotten just how boring applying for jobs can be.

All teaching? Or are you trying something else?

They're in education, but some contain additional responsibilities. It's something that I know I could be great at.

Fuck me, your life is like a soap.

Seriously, it should be filmed!

The job is going well at the moment. I had a few hiccups with the staff to which I ironed them out straight away and nipped the problems in the bud before it all kicked off. My manager said she was impressed and wondered about whether I'd consider being a manager in the future.

Honestly, I don't think I'd want to be. Not that I don't appreciate it but I don't want to be stuck in retail forever and I want to do something fitness-related.

Got two job interviews tomorrow, one Southampton and the other in Portsmouth, there's work on the line so I've got to take the bus, and I think I'm now coming down with fairly serious head cold.

9142437.jpg

Got an email from somewhere I applied to asking for my number as I apparently didn't put on TotalJobs, which is true, but they get sent my CV with my contact details in it. First I don't recognise the company, their website looking very similar to the former pyramid job scams I've come across, so I reply asking them what position it was I applied for. Then went onto TotalJobs and found what I applied for was basically a barman job, so I send them my number. They ring back and ask me one question - What made you apply for this job? I told them simply that I'd done it before and I was good at it. I got an invite to meet someone on Wednesday and I ask where is it I'd be working, she gave me the address which was for where the interview was, its location already sending off my Spidey Sense as I pull it up on the Google Maps to see it's right next to, if not the same building, as previous scam interview company Goldstream. I get the vacancy on my monitor and press the location, as it says immediate start, so surely they must know where they're wanting their applicants to work. Apparently not, they'll find this out "next week".

The email arrives "Congratulations on being selected to meet Paul! He is really looking forward to meeting you on 26/10/2016 at 1:00 PM. When you arrive, please let our receptionist know you are here for the interview."

I've just given the job specs a closer read and I'm pretty sure it's another scam company, only this time late at night instead of stopping people in the day to sell Virgin Media.

Check it out:

CUSTOMER ASSISTANT!

Waiting / Bar Skills Wanted!

Calling all WAITERS, WAITRESSES, BAR TENDERS, BARMAIDS, ETC...

Customer Assistant NEEDED ~ ALL HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCE CONSIDERED!

Are you at least 18 years old & looking for an opportunity to combine WORK and YOUR PERSONAL INTERESTS?

Are you able to commute to Nottingham & looking for a FAST-PACED ENVIRONMENT where you can achieve your career ambitions and earn extra cash?

THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT:

The successful candidate will have some customer service experience and be self motivated and confident. You will have a strong commercial understanding and someone who can influence others. Attention to detail and a sound analytical ability will be qualities you possess and excel in. Above all you will work well in a team and be an excellent team player.

WHAT'S ON OFFER

This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation who prioritise the growth of their people. You will be rewarded with great training and development and the chance to build on your career.

You'll need to be outgoing, competitive, possess great communication skills and be looking for a challenge in a growing company!

APPLICATIONS

To apply, please send your CV through the online application process. All roles will be offered on a self employed basis! Top applicants will be asked to attend three interviews, one of which will be an unpaid trial day in order to meet the team and see in the role.

I'm going to be in Nottingham for GameCity this week anyway so I'll be in the area. I'm not going to suit up at all. I may go for my shoes but won't be aiming for smart. If I walk in and the first thing they do is hand me a clipboard to write my details down I'm going to walk out.

Started my new job 2 weeks ago (on the Monday) and I've been in London since then. Been a hectic first 2 weeks but fortunately back up in Scotland now. Had an absolute nightmare getting home on Friday night. London City Airport was evacuated, flights cancelled and I had to get the train home first thing Saturday morning.

Bad news: NE is banned at work as the website URL contains 'forum'. Noooooooo.

I've been offered a job in our Singapore office...

The role is a small step up and the pay seems to be decent for Singapore. They are going to award me stock options which are already quite well valued and give me a bonus allocation each year I stay. Seems to make sense from a job perspective.

However, spending a bit more time here has just confirmed to me that it's really not that great of a place. Coming here from Tokyo is going to be a really tough change in lifestyle if I decided to take up the role.

I'm fairly sure I'll take it but still a little thinking to be done.

I've sent off my first application form in about 7 years. At least the ball has started rolling. I've got an interview with a teaching agency tomorrow at 9:30, too.

tumblr_inline_mn8cwvm6ON1qe7j5j.gif