NEurope
MoogleViper

Job woes/wins

After very nearly 7 years, I am no longer employed in retail.

Let's here the deets then. I expect it to be at least as half as long as Animals post.

I had a theory that work was trying to convince me to leave, today that belief has been reinforced.

As some of you may have seen a dynamite picture taken of a famous film star back from the dead shopping in a well-known supermarket. I have now received another summons into the interview room for a scheduled telling off.

Apparently someone from management "complained" about the picture this morning, and there aren't many on my friend list, so I removed those I could find and potential suspects. Even my union rep knew before me. Which is something I will be bringing up.

Pays to be sociable and nice to strangers sometimes, lmao

APPARENTLY NOT :cry:

EDIT: Mecca just called, I got a trial shift tomorrow. So hopefully this could be the end.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

After very nearly 7 years, I am no longer employed in retail.

JIvWjTci-_3x.gif

I remember working in Tesco part time during uni. It really is a bit shit isn't it...working weekends and for small money.

EDIT: Mecca just called, I got a trial shift tomorrow. So hopefully this could be the end.

Allahu Akhbar!

I remember working in Tesco part time during uni. It really is a bit shit isn't it...working weekends and for small money.

I literally finished my last shift Sunday night and rolled into the new job first thing this morning. I am le tired.

Let's here the deets then. I expect it to be at least as half as long as Animals post.

Oh, well. I guess in the beginning god created the heaven and the earth...

Edited by gaggle64
Automerged Doublepost

God didn't do shit. Everyone knows in the beginning there was Nothing. Then Shia did a flex and said "JUST DO IT." Then The Big Bang happened.

I went into work today. My manager is on holiday and we both had another chat. It turns out that I'm not the only one she's been lying to. She's told lies about and to the regional manager as well.

She told me that she had authorisation to leave her shift 2-3 hours early and it turns out she never said she could. I showed her evidence on camera that she does it too. She claims that it's because she stays over unpaid but I stay over a lot more. I told her that she's been doing it since I started in January. She's very shocked and she's going to have a formal meeting about it.

I also told her about the amount of hours I've lone-worked. My regional manager had showed me e-mails where she explicitly says she needs to hire someone fast. I told her it had taken her 2 months to hire someone and that my manager said it was under head office's instruction. She lied about that to make herself look good by saying her store was coping so she could progress in the business.

Spoken to her about promotional changes and how I was left by myself to do it even though I was practically begging her to bring more staff in as well as her doing some other things too (including this week, where I don't have a clue even though I was running it but my regional manager has brought someone else in to take charge for this week).

Also, everything that my regional manager got the blame for, she got it for no reason. My manager had decided to lie and say everything was down to her when it wasn't. My new uniforms were never ordered so I've been walking around in a 3-4XL shirt because my manager never bothered ordering me new uniforms -_-

I've just found out so much about her. It knocks me sick how someone can be that sly. I don't get why. The more I find stuff out, the more it just makes me want to walk out.

However, there's some good news about this. The regional manager thinks that my manager may make some negative comments towards me on my leaving form but she said she'll override it and say to anybody to rehire me.

It's saddened me that all of this happened but I'm glad it did. I found out exactly the type of person my friend really is and I found out I was actually valued and it feels pretty good, a rarity in retail.

Everybody loves a good Animal novel. It's a guilty pleasure! :p

Pics of you in a 3-4XL shirt please. I bought a 2XL Archer shirt and it hangs a little.

2c9cf10fec1986aa6ddc5411fa51d48c.jpg

77fca182f473a1f07cfa98c1c9703b8d.jpg

e29a21fd209ca37dee1e58b03430a09b.jpg

The pictures doesn't really do it justice. It's worse than it looks but this is the 4XL t-shirt so I more or less always look like this when I go to work and I wasn't allowed to wear anything else. My regional manager said it was disgusting and ordered me some. I said it was too late but she insisted I keep them in case I return to the company.

Edited by Animal

Looking for a job again . Not having the best of years as department changes means my position is no longer needed. Got some good experience though

Have been struggling to get my foot in the door with most things job wise as I've not been successful on the last lot of applications I submitted.

I did get a ray of hope though last week as I've been offered an interview for a Course Leader position at the Dundee and Angus College up here so I'm majorly chuffed with this. Wasn't sure I'd manage to get one and with not being successful for anything up till now, I was feeling a bit down about the prospects (or lack of them) but managing to get an interview is reason enough to perk up as I've got to do a presentation as part of my interview and every time I've done a presentation (whether as a lecture or a talk), I've been told I've more or less nailed it each time.

So, hopefully, this time next week I may have a job if everything goes well with the interview (and if I don't waffle my way through a presentation on what it takes to be a course leader). And hopefully a decent salary to go with it (from the looks of it, it could be Grade 7 so I'd be well chuffed with that).

I've run an after school football club for about 6 years and my club has the highest number of sign-ups and is notorious for over-running by up to an hour as the kids and parents love it. For the past few years, I've been taking the kids to matches and tournaments and we had a really positive season last year with some great results.

This year, it was decided that the person who got the almost-Head-of-Junior role would take my team to fixtures and matches and I would be given the older pupils. I basically had one "training" session with the team last week where I was given a random selection of pupils, half of which were ineligible to play as they were too old. (it was ridiculous as the players I wanted weren't even selected for the under-16s team...) We had our tournament yesterday and, whilst we weren't quite humiliated, it was clear that this team had never played together before. We lost all four games (1-0, 3-0, 3-0 and 2-1) and the referee blew the full-time whistle when we had a corner and then made an incredibly shitty comment in front of our players - "at least you finally scored a goal!"

Whilst that was happening, the same team that I work with week-in, week-out at my club and the same team that I've moulded together for years made it to a final and only narrowly lost out. The guy who took charge of them basically walked around with this huge swagger like he was Billy-Big-Balls and was full of it in work today...despite all the hard work and countless hours that I put in. Ine will vouch for that. I've not had a Friday night on a school night for years now because I'm usually knackered after the training and regularly fall asleep on the sofa at around half 9.

I went into work today completely gutted. Although we had some great results last season, we had some shocking ones, too. We've had our arses kicked at times, numerous comments from shitty parents about why we weren't better, jibes from the opposition after games, mood swings from players, shitty weather, shit organisation from some other schools (one game had us playing in full-size goals last season!) and...yet I didn't get to have the one moment that we should have had together. I didn't even get to see them collect their medals. I've got no real idea about why he was given the team and I wasn't. It may sound petty, but it meant a lot to me and I've put hundreds of hours into it over the course of years. I'm not sure there's any point in me running the club now and I'm tempted to do something else after the Christmas term.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Allahu Akhbar!

It actually went rather well I thought, everyone was nice and I was my customer pleasing self. After bonding with the manager over our love for tabletop gamings, she said I would find out her decision over the week, Monday being the latest. So fingers and anuses crossed.

I've also received a reply from another position I applied for, at WHSmiths/Post Office, I can't quite remember the position, but it looks like the WHSmiths in our area is going to have a Post Office counter, which is really weird as we already have two Post Offices in Beeston, within under 5 minutes walk, putting the Smtihs bang in the middle. This is with rumours that one of them (the bigger one, which is more central) is closing down, which baffles me. I've made the shortlist for a telephone interview which I'm going to angle for Mon/Tue, as I don't really want to (although I wish I could) pin my hopes on the Mecca job.

~To Be Continued...~

I've run an after school football club for about 6 years and my club has the highest number of sign-ups and is notorious for over-running by up to an hour as the kids and parents love it. For the past few years, I've been taking the kids to matches and tournaments and we had a really positive season last year with some great results.

This year, it was decided that the person who got the almost-Head-of-Junior role would take my team to fixtures and matches and I would be given the older pupils. I basically had one "training" session with the team last week where I was given a random selection of pupils, half of which were ineligible to play as they were too old. (it was ridiculous as the players I wanted weren't even selected for the under-16s team...) We had our tournament yesterday and, whilst we weren't quite humiliated, it was clear that this team had never played together before. We lost all four games (1-0, 3-0, 3-0 and 2-1) and the referee blew the full-time whistle when we had a corner and then made an incredibly shitty comment in front of our players - "at least you finally scored a goal!"

Whilst that was happening, the same team that I work with week-in, week-out at my club and the same team that I've moulded together for years made it to a final and only narrowly lost out. The guy who took charge of them basically walked around with this huge swagger like he was Billy-Big-Balls and was full of it in work today...despite all the hard work and countless hours that I put in. Ine will vouch for that. I've not had a Friday night on a school night for years now because I'm usually knackered after the training and regularly fall asleep on the sofa at around half 9.

I went into work today completely gutted. Although we had some great results last season, we had some shocking ones, too. We've had our arses kicked at times, numerous comments from shitty parents about why we weren't better, jibes from the opposition after games, mood swings from players, shitty weather, shit organisation from some other schools (one game had us playing in full-size goals last season!) and...yet I didn't get to have the one moment that we should have had together. I didn't even get to see them collect their medals. I've got no real idea about why he was given the team and I wasn't. It may sound petty, but it meant a lot to me and I've put hundreds of hours into it over the course of years. I'm not sure there's any point in me running the club now and I'm tempted to do something else after the Christmas term.

It sounds like you did a great job with that team. I'm sure parents would have something to say about it if you decided you didn't want to take it anymore which would work well in your favour.

Looks like I'll be spending October/November in Singapore working with our South East Asia office on getting some things up and running over there. From a work point of view this is great as I get a chance to do some new things and long business trips are good news for finances in general. It will all be with a view to making a move over there permanently (or on extended transfer), which is nice to be considered for of course. Would just be nice if it was somewhere other than Singapore.

Sent my CV to a load of Financial Agencies rather than job boards following some advice I received on friday. 5 calls this morning asking if I want to work in sales/ recruitment. It is hopeless

By 2050 we're all going to be working in recruitment anyway. Why put off the inevitable.

Was hoping to get into the banking / financial services sector as analyst . It's going spectacularly badly

I've also received a reply from another position I applied for, at WHSmiths/Post Office....

Had my call, which lasted all of one minute. Basically asked me the usual "Right to work, CRB check etc" questions, then just said "Looking at your CV I can see you've had a lot of customer experience so we'd like you to come long for an interview". Apparently an hour long with some tests too, so should be fun.

pr0 updatesings:

As some of you may have seen a dynamite picture taken of a famous film star back from the dead shopping in a well-known supermarket. I have now received another summons into the interview room for a scheduled telling off.

Apparently someone from management "complained" about the picture this morning, and there aren't many on my friend list, so I removed those I could find and potential suspects. Even my union rep knew before me. Which is something I will be bringing up.

Well last week it got escalated to a gross misconduct because I was apparently "sticking two fingers up at the policy" [abouts social medias] so was booked in for a discussion with the store manager yesterday. Answered some questions an' stuff, showed remorse, then he adjourned it until today. Which brings me onto the real kicker...

I've never handed in a resignation before...

And I won't in this case! Because I just got sacked.

pr0 updatesings:

Well last week it got escalated to a gross misconduct because I was apparently "sticking two fingers up at the policy" [abouts social medias] so was booked in for a discussion with the store manager yesterday. Answered some questions an' stuff, showed remorse, then he adjourned it until today. Which brings me onto the real kicker...

And I won't in this case! Because I just got sacked.

WTF! Can they do that??? I think it's a bit of a joke that they look onto your social media and pull you up about it. Everyone has a right to an opinion and free speech. It's close to fucking silencing you. This is why I never accept anybody on my social media who I work with unless I know they're not a complete arse-kisser. Have you had any warnings or anything? Sorry to hear that, dude, but when one door closes, a few doors open. You're worth more than that job and you'll be onto better things before you know it.

=====

My first day went okay yesterday. The manager really likes me and was puzzled as to why the old one had massive problems with me, which is good. She was also impressed how I handled their promo change as I helped her do a lot of it in the space of three hours and she said with most of the other staff, she wouldn't have done much so she's happy on that front too. She was impressed with my sales as well as my orders. At the minute, I'm happy but I can't help but feel a bit "meh" because of the woman I had a bit of a kiss with. She's still there and she comes on way too strong. Normally, I'd be fine but she's married and has kids and, to be honest, I'm not into her. She's fun to be around but it comes with complications and after last year, there's no way I want that.

WTF! Can they do that??? I think it's a bit of a joke that they look onto your social media and pull you up about it. Everyone has a right to an opinion and free speech. It's close to fucking silencing you. This is why I never accept anybody on my social media who I work with unless I know they're not a complete arse-kisser. Have you had any warnings or anything? Sorry to hear that, dude, but when one door closes, a few doors open. You're worth more than that job and you'll be onto better things before you know it.

I have had similar warnings about it before. I did bitch about a couple of people messing up my hard work, but that was at least 2 years ago. The most recent ones was cancelling some overtime over Facebook, one before last was mentioning how Tesco wouldn't be 24 hours anymore, which was a warning about "making a post on social media about Tesco after being given warnings about making inappropriate posts on Facebook", which the post in question wasn't inappropriate at all. The most recent one was the Attenborough/Hammond picture, which like the one before was harmless, but they're fisting image at the moment and I'm not PC Principal enough for them.

I'm tempted to contact one of my journalist friends about an exposé about the shading goings on of the management. Fuck shit up royally.

Well I have now moved down to part-time, 3 days a week and dropped the marketing department aspect of my job. I was just sticking with the entire thing to make money but I was getting seriously depressed so I just decided no amount of money was worth it.

It'll be a shame to have less coming in for a while but to be honest, it keeps me in work and doing something so my CV doesnt have massive gaps in while I look for something new.