NEurope
Daft

The Flash

OK so at the moment I'm thinking that Harrison Wells is the Reverse Flash and he came back in time to punish Barry like in the comics by killing his Mother but this time doing that caused Barry to not become the Flash, meaning Wells didn't become the Reverse Flash which is why he is so insistant on keeping Barry safe until he can get his own powers back.

The latest episode was great but marred by its insistence on running with an "of the week" nature. It got in the way of the story they were telling, ultimately making the main plot into a subplot and leaving you unable to care about a character they really wanted you to. Why are the CW so scared to run with a proper story arc? They had all the building blocks there for them this episode,

the military could've been there because of Iris' blog posts, looking for the Streak, it would've tied together better with some of the other points they were making. The girl's easy persuasion, avoidable death and convenient inability to say 3 more words before she died really killed it for me. The rest of the stuff, which focused more on Barry, was great! Water, walls, vibrating vocal chords, all classic cool Flash.

I was also disappointed to learn that there are two spare outfits :p I was hoping it might take a slight improvement

So did Wells just warn Joe or what? It was an odd coincidence if not...

Good ep, I'm thoroughly enjoying this show. From what little The Flash I've experienced in other media, this show seems to capture him pretty well.

Im enjoying it but still not entirely sold on Gustin as The Flash. I think its his voice when he's in the suit sounding a bit whiney almost. Apart from that though I like it.

I also agree with Stephen Amell when he said that he didnt agree with DC announcing who would be playing the Flash in the movies after just two episodes of the TV show having aired. Seemed a bit of a dick move to not let Gustin get a bit more established as the character first.

Good episode.

Loved the ending. I don't think the Reverse Flash is Wells. I think its the cop, Iris's boyfriend. Too obvious to be Wells and there is no other person who has been introduced that I think it is.

Good episode.

Loved the ending. I don't think the Reverse Flash is Wells. I think its the cop, Iris's boyfriend. Too obvious to be Wells and there is no other person who has been introduced that I think it is.

But how would he, Eddie, know that Joe is looking into it? However, there is a fit in the names: Thawn is the surname of Eddie and also of one of the Reverse Flashes so there might be some connection.

But I do hope you're right that Wells is actually protecting Flash because he's a good guy.

But how would he, Eddie, know that Joe is looking into it? However, there is a fit in the names: Thawn is the surname of Eddie and also of one of the Reverse Flashes so there might be some connection.

But I do hope you're right that Wells is actually protecting Flash because he's a good guy.

Eddie Thawn seems like he would be way too obvious. Im assuming that he will be the great grandfather or something of the Reverse Flash.

Still though, this latest episode blew my theory of him having lost his powers out of the water

Also, I wish they had gotten a better actor to play Barry as a kid. I think he's terrible.

Also also, I am starting to have the same issues with Iris that I did with Laurel on Arrow, Im finding her more annoying than likeable.

Im enjoying it but still not entirely sold on Gustin as The Flash. I think its his voice when he's in the suit sounding a bit whiney almost. Apart from that though I like it.

I also agree with Stephen Amell when he said that he didnt agree with DC announcing who would be playing the Flash in the movies after just two episodes of the TV show having aired. Seemed a bit of a dick move to not let Gustin get a bit more established as the character first.

Yeah it's a very strange move....Which Flash is truly "The Flash" for me to care about. When compared to the fluidity of the Marvel universe this could confusing for more casual fans.

I think confirming a different actor for Flash for the movies also solidifies that DC are keeping the TV and Movies seperate and also gaurantees that if/when they introduce Green Arrow to the movies it won't be Amell playing him either :(

Also also, I am starting to have the same issues with Iris that I did with Laurel on Arrow, Im finding her more annoying than likeable.

I was thinking that too, like how stupid is she, she had Flash standing in front of her going "Stop writing about me, you could put yourself in danger, do you hear me" and she replies "I have selective hearing" or something along those lines. Then surprise surprise a bag buy shows up at her work :heh:

Yeah it's a very strange move....Which Flash is truly "The Flash" for me to care about. When compared to the fluidity of the Marvel universe this could confusing for more casual fans.

With how well Marvel have and continue to incorporate Agents of SHIELD into their universe surprised DC didn't follow suit, especially with how popular Arrow is. All they had to do was after Man of Steel came out have an episode of Arrow with a news report in the background talking about the "events in Metropolis" and job done.

Though I have a feeling DC might not have a fully thought out plan as much as Marvel have. Marvel seem to have there "Phase arcs" fairly thought out with a begining and end to each Phase and Agents of SHIELD is like an extenstion of their movie stories.

Where with DC I'm a little worried about how much of it is planned out, jumping from Man of Steel to Batman vs Superman is a massive jump espeically since this will be the first we've seen of this Batman and yet it's a older Batman, while there was a Wayne Enterprises logo in Man of Steel there was no mention/hint of Batman. Even a small newspaper front page about some crime he stopped in Gotham would have been enough. Throughout Man of Steel there was no indication of other heroes yet in the next film we suddenly get Batman, Wonderwoman and a cameo of Aquaman?

Granted you could have said the same about Iron Man 1 but the after credits scene in that did a great job and setting up what was to come.

hhhmmm....slight off topic.....back to The Flash :D

I hope its not Wells because its too obvious they want us to think it is him. Wells has got something planned yeah but if they revealed him to be Reverse Flash that wouldn't be a surprise anymore for the viewer. Remember the newspaper article from the future about The Flash "missing" we saw him reading, what if he's come back from the future to help Barry not only become the Flash but also to prevent whatever happened to cause Flash to "go missing" in the future....dispite his tendency to resort to murder if people get in his way :heh:

I think confirming a different actor for Flash for the movies also solidifies that DC are keeping the TV and Movies seperate and also gaurantees that if/when they introduce Green Arrow to the movies it won't be Amell playing him either :(

I have no problem with them announcing the different actor to play the Flash in the movies, I just agree that it should have been held off a bit longer than two episodes into their new Flash show.

According to Amell he has still had talks with Geoff Johns about the possibility of appearing in a movie even after all those other ones were announced. Personally I dont think he should though as being the only TV actor to cross over would be confusing for anyone not as deep into this stuff as we are. I know DC are working with the multiverse stuff but having Oliver the same actor in both worlds when nobody else is seems a bit pointless.

The amazing eventual end to all this of course that would be Marvel levels of awesome would be that they are building towards a Crisis event that affects multiple worlds and we have the TV characters appear in the movies alongside the movie actors.

With how well Marvel have and continue to incorporate Agents of SHIELD into their universe surprised DC didn't follow suit, especially with how popular Arrow is. All they had to do was after Man of Steel came out have an episode of Arrow with a news report in the background talking about the "events in Metropolis" and job done.

You seem to forget that they mentioned the Man of Steel in this episode of The Flash! :P

Shield is better when its focusing on its own thing and not what's happened in the Marvel movies. At first I wouldn't of minded if the DC movie and TV universe's were linked but now I'm glad they aren't. I'm not sure the casuals will care either, its not like The Flash is watched by 15 million people a week in the States.

Though I have a feeling DC might not have a fully thought out plan as much as Marvel have. Marvel seem to have there "Phase arcs" fairly thought out with a begining and end to each Phase and Agents of SHIELD is like an extenstion of their movie stories.

Where with DC I'm a little worried about how much of it is planned out, jumping from Man of Steel to Batman vs Superman is a massive jump espeically since this will be the first we've seen of this Batman and yet it's a older Batman, while there was a Wayne Enterprises logo in Man of Steel there was no mention/hint of Batman. Even a small newspaper front page about some crime he stopped in Gotham would have been enough. Throughout Man of Steel there was no indication of other heroes yet in the next film we suddenly get Batman, Wonderwoman and a cameo of Aquaman?

Granted you could have said the same about Iron Man 1 but the after credits scene in that did a great job and setting up what was to come.

Yeah I completely fell the same... Whilst you could argue the same was with Iron Man 1. I don't think that was ever the case they always planned Iron Man 1 to part of that connected universe. I feel like Man of Steel was never made as the intended start point but then they decided to make Synder/Goyer as heads of the universe without really thinking. Wheldon was over viewing Marvel's stuff and prepping for Avengers without having directorial duties over any of proceeding movies. (Forgiven me I may be mistaken here)

So, I guess we got our answers in Ep 9

Wells is Reverse Flash. Up to the end of the episode, though, it wasn't clear and the fact that he spared Eddie Thawne made me think it was indeed a future version of Thawne.

It's also clear now that they use Flashpoint Paradox as a reference to the show so it'll be nice to get the full picture later this season.

Still enjoying it a lot. I think it's a good combination with Arrow. While Arrow is a lot more griddy and epic, The Flash is lighter and funnier.

Just because we saw him with the suit doesn't mean it's him. Why would he beat the shit out of himself? It's much more likely Eddie. The actor's build matches much better, too. Plus...

Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash is Eobard Thorne in the comics. This guy is Edward Thorne. Too close not to be the same person surely

My only dislike is that the suit is like a reverse of the current one, even though it's presumably from the future so it should look more like the final/future suit from the paper.

Edited by Shorty

Just because we saw him with the suit doesn't mean it's him. Why would he beat the shit out of himself? It's much more likely Eddie. The actor's build matches much better, too. Plus...

Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash is Eobard Thorne in the comics. This guy is Edward Thorne. Too close not to be the same person surely

My only dislike is that the suit is like a reverse of the current one, even though it's presumably from the future so it should look more like the final/future suit from the paper.

A version of RF shares the last name of Eddie, so it is still a possibilty, agreed.

Why he would beat himself, if he is Wells? To remove himself as a suspect (of the viewer..).

The man in yellow is Wells, but a future Wells. At some point in the future Wells goes back in time to murder Allen's mother. Probably by going faster than light or something (remember he stole the tachyons). The Flash follows him to try and stoip him (but fails) hence why there were both red and yellow lightning/flashes at the time of the murder.

Why would Wells want to kill Allen's mother? Because that's what makes him become the Flash (and that's important to Wells for some reason).

You can all bookmark this post and come and congratulate me when I'm proven right in a few series.

The man in yellow is Wells, but a future Wells. At some point in the future Wells goes back in time to murder Allen's mother. Probably by going faster than light or something (remember he stole the tachyons). The Flash follows him to try and stoip him (but fails) hence why there were both red and yellow lightning/flashes at the time of the murder.

Why would Wells want to kill Allen's mother? Because that's what makes him become the Flash (and that's important to Wells for some reason).

You can all bookmark this post and come and congratulate me when I'm proven right in a few series.

Well, without The Flash, Wells would never become Reverse Flash.

Just checking you don't actually expect future congratulations on this, the most obvious conclusion we've all had drawn since the pilot :p

Just checking you don't actually expect future congratulations on this, the most obvious conclusion we've all had drawn since the pilot :p

Oh yeah? And where in the thread did you post it?

Exactly.

Well, without The Flash, Wells would never become Reverse Flash.

In the comics Reverse Flash becomes immune to the changes in time and any paradoxes that occur from them.