NEurope
Daft

The Flash

While I loved the final ep the thing that annoys me...

Is the whole Eddit shooting himself too.... not because they killed him (though being sucked into the wormhole could see him returning I guess)

But the way it erases Reverse Flash.....I mean PARADOX'S PEOPLE, why do they never think of the Paradox's when they mess with time stuff!!!!

Ok so Reverse Flash vanished because Eddie dies and never has any kids who could then lead to RevFlash being born. So RevFlash is never born fine.

BUT if RevFlash is never born then that means he never went back in time either, never killed Barrys mom, never became Harrison Wells, never caused Barry to become Flash and essentially nothing that happened in this season ever happened. Which means the timeline should have reset to the "original timeline" of when Harrison Wells and his wife go on to make teh Particle Accelerator themselves, just 5 years later than RevFlash caused it to happen.

Which means Eddie also never kills himself, so RevFlash is born, does go back to kill Barrys mom, does become Wells, does use the Particle Acceleraor to cause Barry to become Flash 5 years early (is 5 years right, not sure if I'm remembering that part correctly?) which of course leads to Eddie killing himself....but then...then....AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PARADOX'S! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE PARADOX'S

[insert Mrs Lovejoy pic from the Simpsons]

I suppose in season 2 ep one they'll prolly explain it like the wormhole was time trying to reset itself cause of the created paradox but when Barry somehow closes it it allows things to stay as is or something like that :heh:

Yo holmes, string theory. I mean it's just like Terminator right? If you go back in time to kill John Connor then he was never born but that means you never went back in time to kill him which means he would be born.... Instead you have to see time as non-linear, as soon as they go back they're creating an alternate timeline which forks off from the original.

In other words:

O9r1f.jpg

If you want to pick holes in the Time Travel in the Flash the biggest ridiculous idea is that Wells can bring forward the Particle Accelerator explosion and yet it still creates the Flash under the exact same circumstances. That made no sense.

Edited by Shorty

Also why did the *sigh* Reverse Flash vibrate every time, even when everyone knew who he was? Seems like a waste of energy, he kinda needed?

Maybe because he figured Flash can perceive his reaction lightning fast so he throws him off with micro-movements whenever they fight.

Or just for intimidation.

Or because he doesn't have complete mastery over the speed force.

Or he's fucking angry.

Or because it looks badass.

You could pick any of those. Or all of them.

You really don't like that name do you?

No, not only does it sound crap but it's wrong... Anti-Flash, Evil-Flash even but reverse is WRONG!!

It may be canon but it it is bad. Along with some other hero/villain names:

The big Phube countdown:

The Flash - Good

Reverse Flash - Poor

Captain Cold - Actually quite good

Weather Wizard - Meh

FireStorm - Great

Heat Wave - Good

Pied Piper - Not even close to what he was doing stealing children with music... NO!

The Mist - Okay

Golden Glider - WORST.. NAME... EVER!!!

Plastique - Not bad

Grodd - Seriously a gorilla!

The Trickster - very 1960's Radiactive Man - Go get 'em boys!

Multiplex - Good

Deathbolt - Good

I don't really care about the names but weirdly the names of the cities in DC's universe annoy me.

Central City

National City

Coast City

Starling City is the only one that isn't just a vague description of the city itself, unless there's secretly a lot of starlings living there.

I don't really care about the names but weirdly the names of the cities in DC's universe annoy me.

Central City

National City

Coast City

Starling City is the only one that isn't just a vague description of the city itself, unless there's secretly a lot of starlings living there.

Starling City isnt even its DC name. Its Star City.

Starling City isnt even its DC name. Its Star City.

giphy.gif

There's an Opal City, too. It's where Starman lives.

Golden Glider - WORST.. NAME... EVER!!!

I actually misread the name as "Golden Gilder" at first. When I heard the name in the show, it sounded stupid.

I misread it as Golden Girder when I first read the comics. I was like, 'That's a fucking terrible name'.

Wait its not Golden GILder? as in she's gilding an object (applying gold leaf) I'm confused that makes sense, Glider?

Wait its not Golden GILder? as in she's gilding an object (applying gold leaf) I'm confused that makes sense, Glider?

In the comics she would glide around on ice skates

Golden_Glider_0003.jpg

In the New 52 she can astral-project herself.

Scanned+Image+9.jpegGolden_Glider_0004.jpg

Which I think is a way cooler power and actually fits her name perfectly.

It would be pretty cool if she was given a power, maybe something as a result of using her gun whilst interfering with the

singularity/wormhole

Might be nice if some of the enemies had some depth/interest instead of just being cookie-cutter caricatures/comic relief. Not that I mind that, but it's something that Flash hasn't really had yet.

In the context of the show her name doesn't make sense currently so it would be really cool if they did give her some of those actually quite cool powers

So Season 2 has kicked off!

At first I was quite confused, they skipped too much for being able to follow but at least they didn't leave it hanging.

The animations were awful this time, though!

Especially Atom Smasher was terribly executed. When he was big it reminded me of the old-school stop-motion movies with dinosaurs. Such a shame!

So... who did Atom Smasher mention before dying? Zoma? Zone? Who??

And Jake Eric, I don't know this quy but apparently he is a blue Flash? Deathbolt?

So Season 2 has kicked off!

At first I was quite confused, they skipped too much for being able to follow but at least they didn't leave it hanging.

The animations were awful this time, though!

Especially Atom Smasher was terribly executed. When he was big it reminded me of the old-school stop-motion movies with dinosaurs. Such a shame!

So... who did Atom Smasher mention before dying? Zoma? Zone? Who??

And Jake Eric, I don't know this quy but apparently he is a blue Flash? Deathbolt?

Think you might need your ears cleaning a bit lol.

Atom Smasher said "Zoom".

And Its Jay Garrick not Jake Eric. He's The Flash from Earth 2 and the original Flash timeline-wise in the comics.

Garrick_ross.jpg

Think you might need your ears cleaning a bit lol.

Atom Smasher said "Zoom".

And Its Jay Garrick not Jake Eric. He's The Flash from Earth 2 and the original Flash timeline-wise in the comics.

Garrick_ross.jpg

Hah, yeah. But in my defense, I wasn't far off! Zoommm... zooomah...

And Jay Gerrick could EASILY sound as Jake Eric! Seriously, JayG Errick.. see? :D (But that's one ugly custome, hopefully they will change that!)

But thanks for clearing it up for me.

Hah, yeah. But in my defense, I wasn't far off! Zoommm... zooomah...

And Jay Gerrick could EASILY sound as Jake Eric! Seriously, JayG Errick.. see? :D (But that's one ugly custome, hopefully they will change that!)

But thanks for clearing it up for me.

If you remember at the end of season one when Wells was getting ready to go back in time you saw that helmet come through the wormhole.

Yes, the first two episodes of SHIELD have been amazing. I really like how the show feels like it's progressing over time.

The whole thing with Ronnie was just stupid. First of all, Ronnie and Stein have a connection where they can feel each other's pain - death should be devastating, so he's probably in another universe.

Secondly, Caitlin moping saying that her and Ronnie should have left before that. What the fuck? Without Ronnie there, the Earth would have been destroyed. Why did nobody mention that? If things happened differently, he would be dead along with everyone else on the planet (and potentially the entire universe as the black hole seems to be how paradox universes erase themselves in this).

It was just annoying forced drama. Luckily, it seems to have ended now.

I'm sure the season overall will be great, though. I just hope season 1 wasn't a fluke.

The whole thing with Ronnie was just stupid. First of all, Ronnie and Stein have a connection where they can feel each other's pain - death should be devastating, so he's probably in another universe.

Secondly, Caitlin moping saying that her and Ronnie should have left before that. What the fuck? Without Ronnie there, the Earth would have been destroyed. Why did nobody mention that? If things happened differently, he would be dead along with everyone else on the planet (and potentially the entire universe as the black hole seems to be how paradox universes erase themselves in this).

It was just annoying forced drama. Luckily, it seems to have ended now.

I'm sure the season overall will be great, though. I just hope season 1 wasn't a fluke.

For starters, you can't really know how they'd interpret each other's death. It could simply be the feeling of lacking the other. When you're dead you don't feel pain so there's no reason why – if Ronnie were dead – Dr Stein would still be in pain.

And Caitlin blaming herself? She's in love. Of course she's going to blame herself. I'd find some way to take control of the situation and blame myself, too. Yeah, sure, logically there was nothing she could have done but there's nothing logical about losing a loved one. 'What if' is a powerful fantasy to get sucked into.

I marked out like a huge nerd twice during episode 2. Much better than the first episode.

Indeed, it was miles better.

I think this Harrison Wells is the good version, the one that was killed by Thawne in the first season. In this universe he wasn't necessarily killed.