NEurope
Daft

The Flash

I know it's a meme, and that's exactly why it was there and literally why I hated it. I don't want memes in my TV shows. It's a painful attempt at looking relevant to teenagers and will sound even more awkward and stupid when rewatched in the future. Even going back through 10-15 year old shows now and hearing them reference Yahoo and Myspace is ridiculous.

The plot progression in this episode may have been dire but dialogue is far more important to me, and that was a shining beacon of light compared to the previous week's constant forced double entendres and "pop culture references".

Disney has made ~$250,000,000 off forced double entendres and pop culture references over the weekend. People keep saying DC should copy Marvel more :heh:

Whedon's done that his whole career and it was easily the worst part of the movie, and it nearly killed Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. right off the starting block.

Edit: *second worst part after the weird holo 3d representation of Jarvis/AI. Like something out of Hackers.

Edited by Shorty

I agree with Shorty. Trying to cram in too many (read:any) memes and general pop culture references seems cheap and just ruins the story and artisitic value for the sake of a few "oh- that's the thing from the thing- I know that" moments.

It's a CW show. I kind of expect these things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just started watching this, one question: What's the point of a mask if you still have to obscure your face to people you know?

I think that's mainly because of his voice. But otherwise, yes, it seems stupid!

Well most villains/metahumans won't know Barry well enough to recognise him from his mouth or voice.

Just started watching this, one question: What's the point of a mask if you still have to obscure your face to people you know?
Also if somebody's hiding their face you will immediately think "this is someone I know" :p

Danielle Panabaker, aka Caitlin Snow, is doing an AMA. I asked her where the prisoners go pee, she said to watch the finale :p

Edit: There are spoilers in the questions (sorry @MindFreak, I didn't read anyone else's questions!) not just about recent episodes but upcoming stuff.

Also, someone mentioned that her sister was in No Ordinary Family, I remember her now, very strong family resemblance!

Edited by Shorty

Damn. I wish I hadn't read some of those things about Caitlin later on in the show. :( But funny you ask her that, I've been wondering the same!

Really enjoyed this show. Been one episode behind you all so avoided this thread mostly in case of spoilers but sad it'll be over for a while!

I only just got round to watching the last two episodes of this. They were insane. Some parts really felt right out of a big-budget movie. Especially the last few mins of each. That Ep 22 fight. Holy crap.

The only thing I didn't like

Eddie shooting himself. It just seemed a bit too much, in that situation. He could've held the gun to his head and made the threat. Or if it could've been used to stop the wormhole, that would've been more believable. I note they made a point of him being sucked up into the wormhole so it definitely could've still gone down that way. Maybe he'll be back. Seems a bit crazy to erase Flash's biggest villain from time at the end of Season 1.

Really happy with the last two episodes on the writing front. Excellent stuff all round.

Edited by Shorty

They've hinted at alternate realities, so there could be loads of reverse flashes out there

I still don't understand why the *sigh* Reverse Flash is mortal enemies with the Flash. He was supposedly born 127 years from now... it was never explained in the series...

I guess the Flash could age really, really slowly but this was never put forward as a reason.

Anyone help?

I still don't understand why the *sigh* Reverse Flash is mortal enemies with the Flash. He was supposedly born 127 years from now... it was never explained in the series...

I guess the Flash could age really, really slowly but this was never put forward as a reason.

Anyone help?

Well let's just say time travel is part of the canon, so their paths must have crossed at some point.

Time travel explains everything.

It also explains why ReZ is engaged and I'm single.

While I loved the final ep the thing that annoys me...

Is the whole Eddit shooting himself too.... not because they killed him (though being sucked into the wormhole could see him returning I guess)

But the way it erases Reverse Flash.....I mean PARADOX'S PEOPLE, why do they never think of the Paradox's when they mess with time stuff!!!!

Ok so Reverse Flash vanished because Eddie dies and never has any kids who could then lead to RevFlash being born. So RevFlash is never born fine.

BUT if RevFlash is never born then that means he never went back in time either, never killed Barrys mom, never became Harrison Wells, never caused Barry to become Flash and essentially nothing that happened in this season ever happened. Which means the timeline should have reset to the "original timeline" of when Harrison Wells and his wife go on to make teh Particle Accelerator themselves, just 5 years later than RevFlash caused it to happen.

Which means Eddie also never kills himself, so RevFlash is born, does go back to kill Barrys mom, does become Wells, does use the Particle Acceleraor to cause Barry to become Flash 5 years early (is 5 years right, not sure if I'm remembering that part correctly?) which of course leads to Eddie killing himself....but then...then....AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PARADOX'S! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE PARADOX'S

[insert Mrs Lovejoy pic from the Simpsons]

I suppose in season 2 ep one they'll prolly explain it like the wormhole was time trying to reset itself cause of the created paradox but when Barry somehow closes it it allows things to stay as is or something like that :heh:

Also why did the *sigh* Reverse Flash vibrate every time, even when everyone knew who he was? Seems like a waste of energy, he kinda needed?

While I loved the final ep the thing that annoys me...

Is the whole Eddit shooting himself too.... not because they killed him (though being sucked into the wormhole could see him returning I guess)

But the way it erases Reverse Flash.....I mean PARADOX'S PEOPLE, why do they never think of the Paradox's when they mess with time stuff!!!!

Ok so Reverse Flash vanished because Eddie dies and never has any kids who could then lead to RevFlash being born. So RevFlash is never born fine.

BUT if RevFlash is never born then that means he never went back in time either, never killed Barrys mom, never became Harrison Wells, never caused Barry to become Flash and essentially nothing that happened in this season ever happened. Which means the timeline should have reset to the "original timeline" of when Harrison Wells and his wife go on to make teh Particle Accelerator themselves, just 5 years later than RevFlash caused it to happen.

Which means Eddie also never kills himself, so RevFlash is born, does go back to kill Barrys mom, does become Wells, does use the Particle Acceleraor to cause Barry to become Flash 5 years early (is 5 years right, not sure if I'm remembering that part correctly?) which of course leads to Eddie killing himself....but then...then....AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PARADOX'S! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE PARADOX'S

[insert Mrs Lovejoy pic from the Simpsons]

I suppose in season 2 ep one they'll prolly explain it like the wormhole was time trying to reset itself cause of the created paradox but when Barry somehow closes it it allows things to stay as is or something like that :heh:

the idea is RF going back in time is a fixed timeline and the events leading up to Eddie's death is fixed but the future is affected.

Essentially it's easy to affect the future, while the past is in the past.

It's time travel sci-fi. Come on, if you can put up with Doctor Who explaining things by using the -y suffix...

Also why did the *sigh* Reverse Flash vibrate every time, even when everyone knew who he was? Seems like a waste of energy, he kinda needed?

You really don't like that name do you?