NEurope
Daft

The Flash

Episode 11 was absolutely excellent in my opinion. They could have explained the stuff in Hartley's ears a bit better but overall he was really an interesting person.

I actually thought it was one of the weaker episodes. Hartley wasnt great, the costume looked weird and the special effects were poor.

Well, that was interesting!

Really disliked Iris and Barry in this ep. What the heck?

Eddie and Harrison being distant relatives - might Eddie be Harrison's grandfather or something? Harrison mentioned that Cisco had been dead to him for centurie<b>s</b> so he must be from some far future.

Also, are tsunamis a weather phenomenon as such?

To sum up: Didn't really like the episode but liked the development in it.

I fucking LOVED that episode. The scene with Cisco and Wells...moving.

This show is like reading the comic. Perfect parts action, pseudo-science and melodrama. BARRY!!

This is probably my favourite comic book show ever made. The CGI is good, and the whole thing is incredible. Claire said on this episode "Is this the finale or something?!" all dat epic shit.

Incredible. Words cannot describe my love for this.

Reverse Flash has been an incredible villain.

I thought it was great up until the point I realised none of it would stick

Yeah that almost killed it for me :p

the captain, Iris admitting the truth and finding out the other truth. Cisco's fate and also Cisco finding out the truth... it will all be undone. Time travel stuff is great and you'll presumably have to get used to it on a Flash series but not if it serves just to undo all the epicness that preceded it

Still an awesome episode though.

Edit: come to think about it there were more things that annoyed me* about that episode.

1. He dodged lightning, which moves at (*googles*) 224,000 mph. That's already way, way faster than he's ever gone before, if anything should've made him move back in time, it's this.

2. The old Flash-not-doing-what-Flash-could-obviously-do conundrum, why does he let the Weather Wizard get away when he's been de-powered? He could've knocked him out in a split second before speeding the Captain off to hospital.

3. Why on Earth don't they take the lightning rod thing to face the guy at the docks? Also, deus ex lightning rod much.

4. That happy revelation/kiss scene when your Dad is being held hostage nearby by a murderer, really? Is now really the time to smile and enjoy life??

*read: things I'm thinking too much about

Edited by Shorty

I'm surprised it didn't annoy you that cars are basically Faraday cages meaning lightning wouldn't have done squat against it.

Also, I was waiting for Weather Wizard to take the rod and use it against everyone because he has a wand in the comic.

Also, how fast are we expected to believe he can travel? Previously they were looking at speeds around mach 1 (he had to hit metal Tony at over 800mph, but needed a few miles run up to achieve it). Now he can move faster than lightning, which travels at over 200,000mph?

It was a similar case in the episode Power Outage, when he managed to overtake Farooq's electrical blast at Wells.

Literally was my first point under "more things that annoyed me" :p

Unfortunately it's just the usual case of "this will look awesome, hope nobody pays too much attention".

Literally was my first point under "more things that annoyed me" :p

Unfortunately it's just the usual case of "this will look awesome, hope nobody pays too much attention".

My bad, didn't notice your edit.

S'all good brother, I actually wanted some numbers from a previous episode to compare to but was significantly too lazy for that :p

I still don't really care about any of these niggles too much. Easily the best comic book TV on right now, so true to the source material and so openly fun.

If they would just approach the whole inhumane super-prison thing, I would be so happy. They've actually come close with http://chroniclesofcisco.tumblr.com/ (apparently they do actually feed these people) - but I think a great season finale/opening would be to have a worldwide acknowledgement of meta-humans, complete with funding/staff/security for STAR Labs.

I think I still prefer Arrow above this but not by much. I still think that while Marvel for me are much better with their movies, DC are still better for TV.

Part of me thinks the janky science is annoying but it's so fucking enjoyable I kind of stop caring.

I enjoyed the whole speed mirage.

And although I could easily have got annoyed with everything being undone, we did learn that H G Wells is Eobard Thawne. That's something for us the audience, at the least.

One of the best things to come out of this series is the Reverse Flash. He's so fucking menacing. Something that I never really got from the comics. In the comics he's just kind of a giant asshole. The TV Show has fleshed him out a bit and he's definitely up there with the Joker for me as an awesome and horrifying villain.

Edited by Daft

OMFFFFGGGG.

The opening of this week's episode. Holy shit.

Dat future suit. The fight along the walls was amazing. Brilliant. I love that they're not just doing a Smallville and sweeping the main story under the rug for 10 eps at a time.

Kinda disappointed to find out the Harrison Wells died long ago, but good twist. Dat speed force. Dat vibration. Dayum.

Edit: forgot to even mention, Mark Hamill almost doing his Joker voice and delivering the "I am your father" line. Lel.

Edited by Shorty

Jeez the latest Ep was just... abysmal. The writing, acting, cg, direction... everything about it sucked so much.

I just wish they'd pair Felicity and Barry up to stop this Barry/Iris/Eddie and Felicity/Oliver/Ray CW melodrama they keep using. Just have them go see each other now and then.

Plus it would be nice to see a couple on TV that don't do everything together.

Just remembered Pushing Daisies did a bees episode! Man, must rewatch that show.

Edited by Ashley

Iris was terrible this episode. Seriously, someone hit her! Actually, the dinner-part was mostly terrible, the villain was boring, and Cisco's dreaming was absurd. Also, life-saver-hacks!

Good progress on the story, though, and nice to see Iron-mATOM in action.

Felt like set up for the final run of episodes.

I liked Cisco remembering.

I LOVED Cisco remembering! Got a verbal reaction from me.

Liked the episode but after she seemed to be getting slightly less of a dick, Iris came crashing down and became omega-cunt.

What a fucking dick hole of a character. Absolute cunt. I hope she dies, she's dreadful.