NEurope
Cube

The LEGO Mafia DIY

Balancing is always tough, and even if you theoretically could get it perfectly right, there´s always the luck factor.

At one point I was thinking it was too easy for us, and that we had too many advantages. No alignment investigator, and the NPC doing the killing. I felt it didn´t weigh up to our disadvantage, our powers being mirrored. But last day was pretty close, I personally thought Diageo and Yvonne would team up, and would have had less trouble persuading The Peeps to get one of us (well, me) lynched, than we would have getting one of you lynched. Of course, then that opportunity came up, and it felt a bit cheap (for me personally, anyway), nonetheless, I wanted to take advantage of it. If it weren´t for that, our only options was to stall, but I didn´t see me surviving this. And I was sure that if I were lynched, ReZ was the first to go afterwards.

I would like to know who Diageo and Yvonne targeted last night. On our forum I was thinking killing Yvonne was more beneficial to us, even though the kill was not guaranteed, unlike Rummy.

I also wonder why Diageo never claimed anything, unless I missed something. I also wonder why Yvonne never mentioned anything, I assumed he targeted Diageo actually, and that would be the reason Yvonne thought Diageo was town.

I did mention I knew Diageo was the kill protector, which was why I trusted him.

But I agree with Jonnas' assesment, my play was too conservative to give a strong town feel. Life has been really busy, should be freer for more mafia involvement in a couple of weeks.

[..]

Also "protects from everything except kills" just screams "Mafia", guys. The "protected" person becomes a sitting duck for kills (since they wouldn't be targeted from real protectors), defeating the purpose of protection. Can't believe some of you bought Sméagol's story.

[..]

I´d like to think it was more plausible since none of my targets actually died. I actually had a disclaimer on that power, that would render it useless if someone got killed while I was protecting him.

Also "protects from everything except kills" just screams "Mafia", guys. The "protected" person becomes a sitting duck for kills (since they wouldn't be targeted from real protectors), defeating the purpose of protection.

Oh, and about that, that trick could only be performed once in the game, as the kill would destroy the shield.

Whenever someone expresses confusion about the effects of their own power with respect to others' reported results, it sets off alarm bells for me

Whenever someone expresses confusion about the effects of their own power with respect to others' reported results, it sets off alarm bells for me

You don´t mean me? I only expressed confusion when Peeps didn´t confirm being my target. I´m actually wondering if it was really a mistake, or of it worked as intended, and Cube made a mistake trying to correct this non-mistake.

I found your post by the way, I missed it apparently.

I'm NOT voting Diageo because he is a kill protector. I find it very interesting that Smeagol didn't vote me right away

That was totally deliberate. While trying to co-ordinate with ReZ, I wanted to create some extra confusion in the meantime, while at the same time being consistent with earlier posts.

Yep, though now it sounds like me guessing right for the wrong reasons!

IN the end we lost the game because I failed to convince Peeps I was more town than ReZ. I didn't think we'd have mirror powers in a DIY, but that was a lazy assumption

Oh lulz. I type this in drunken stupor. But ca'maaan. Wftf. Town not cooping with questioning then not backuping Yvonne. Lol! WHUT!

I'm the GNOME FFS!!

Oh, and about that, that trick could only be performed once in the game, as the kill would destroy the shield.

Nice balancing measure.

I was talking more along the lines of "If I was playing, I'd vote for Sméagol on that claim alone"

Wahay. Now as a punishment (reward lets all read Invincible and learn about Angstrom Levy, the greatest villain ever.

Will talk about game when home later on PC.

Good game for such small numbers, was a bit unsure about ReZ as time went on but was essentially completely off the mark all round. Well done to the winners!

Wahay. Now as a punishment (reward lets all read Invincible and learn about Angstrom Levy, the greatest villain ever.

Will talk about game when home later on PC.

Now I just want an Invincible mafia...

Good game Cube. Sorry to cause the town to lose at the end :( I would've preferred not to vote but my hand was forced :p I didn't feel like I had any reason to trust anyone really!