NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Josh64

Walking the streets...

Yea I used to have that problem - bloody chavs terrorising me. However since passing my driving test - I drive everywhere, which sounds lazy but I feel alot more confident that I wont die of being beaten up. Instead I worry of dieing because of my skillful driving.

amen my brother.

I get nervous when I'm walking past a large group of chavs at night, but aside from that, I'd say I'm fairly confident walking the streets. Although, having said that, I do have my paranoid moments every now and again; for example, sometimes I'll be convinced that someone's following me. ^_~

walking in the streets of Brooklyn NY at night!! ROFL :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ...sad actually, but to be fair. there are some parts :p

Sometimes when its dark and alone I do, but I always think "if I were attacked where would I go, what would I use as a weapon etc". Although I felt safer walking the streets of NY at night then I do in my own little home town.

yeah i guess its because there are alot of people around in the city, and less likely for dicks to be dicks :)

I'm not exactly fearful of walking the streets as I am aware. I have lots of the things mentioned before in the back of my head if I feel particularly vulnerable, although I hardly ever do. The best thing to do is if you feel vulnerable try to stick to populated areas. No strolling off down dark alleyways where chav squads are known to linger.

If someone tried to take something from me, I'd smash it up before giving it over to them. See how worthwhile their mugging attempt was then. Man, I bet someone will beat me up randomly tomorrow because I said all this.

Rarely. I just keep my head down, with my iPod in and don't make eye contact. That's the winning formula for safety. Depending in which area you live in, the iPod may be a magnet for chavs, but iPod theft seems to be occurring less likely now.

I can feel uneasy when i see groups of people ahead, but most of time i feel ok.

If your confident then it should be ok, say if you cross the road to avoid a few people and cross back it shows as sign of weakness. I see that "thugs" tend to confront people who dnt look confident i.e. people who dnt look like they will clap back

Well, strange that this thread was here. I had a weird night on Friday.

Basically, on the night this site launched, i was with my girlfriend in a car eating curry and chips and just talking. Then, when we decided to leave, the car battery was dead. So, we waited for half an hour/an hour to see if it would come alive. Did it heck.:heh:

So, i walked her home, and it was quite a cold night. Took about 20 mins to walk her home. But, when i was walking home (this is about midnight, and it was pitch black), the streets were deserted. I didn't come across a single person for ages. It reminded me of a scene out of 28 days later.

I didn't feel scared or anything, it just seemed a bit weird that there wasn't a person in sight for miles. I love walking at night tho, because for some reason the air feels a lot cleaner. That's why i love night outs so much. The walking out in the dark, feeling the cold, it's just excellent. Although, i did feel a little nervous that night, because for a time, it felt like there was just me and my thoughts.

I used to hate walking home by myself but not anymore.

I do get scared walking at nighttime. :sad:

"Hey sometimes, your words, they hurt" :D

Ok please tell me where Ross says that in Friends; i just can't remember!!!

Anyways; yeah Chavs really are ruining it for us all!!

I've always found that acting like you own the streets is the best way not to be picked on by anyone. I walk head high, chest out and a sort of fuck off face for the most part. My ipod plugged in, my rock/metal.rap blaring out as I walk past. Tbh, the only people that have ever said anything to me over the past few years are kids about 9-12. shit....i just know this is gonna ruin my life by posting this...if i don't post tomorrow; assume the worst....

Like most that have posted here, I'm not so much afraid as aware. Naturally I clock possible threats, but I find the best tactic is to just ignore those that attempt to confront you. If they get in my way then I just look them in the eye and move past them.

Of course the streets I walk are pretty sheltered, and I do notch up the caution when in actual cities and likely trouble spots.

I often wonder what would happen if someone were to try and attack me. I may be a pasty geek, but I'm a pasty geek with fists; years of bottling up my anger is sure to take its toll one day.

Who am I kidding, not even primal rage would make me any good in a fight. Besides, I'm not sure if I could willingly hurt someone. Well, obviously I could — we're all animals at the end of the day — but I'd regret it.

I'm no marathon runner, but over short distances I can move pretty fast. Job done.

i live in south east london and when walking around at night on your own you cant help but be nervous even a group of 16 year old kids can be intimidating! it never used to be like that when i was a youngster! bah its just crap but i just think tough and walk through them all, if they start they start i have jedi powers you see.

I don't unless it's at night and I'm alone.

Often after I have walked my girlfriend home and I go back into town it's quite scary until I am with my friends again.

Also it doesn't help when I am slighty drunk [which is most of the time] because I sometimes look at them . . . well, stare at them.

Have u ever felt nervous walking the streets, I never used to but just latley,whenever I see big groups of people I get kind of nervous. I don't when im with friends but when im walking from school sometimes and groups of people come walking along it makes me kind of nervous. Do u feel the same?

Yup, ever since I was mugged walking home from College by a group of 'gangstas' and pikeys.

Today I might even take my mp3 player in, the first time since that day in March.

What I've noticed is that Chav's will only do something to you if they outnumber you. There are a lot of chavs i the area around my school and therefore it is not a good idea to walk home alone as there are some chavs I have a history with from a few years ago. The best way to deal with the scum though, is to just ignore them, no matter what they say.

i live in south east london and when walking around at night on your own you cant help but be nervous even a group of 16 year old kids can be intimidating! it never used to be like that when i was a youngster! bah its just crap but i just think tough and walk through them all, if they start they start i have jedi powers you see.

Sometimes the younger the worse - because they are too young to feel remorse - so they just go hammer and tongues at doing you over.

I usually just keep to my normal business and ignore people. I usually look moody enough for people to keep away from you. Wear that expression that says "I'm so angry I want to rip someones head off" and all will be fine :D

However I have been started on several times, but you get over it. Otherwise import some MACE.

Anyways; yeah Chavs really are ruining it for us all!!

Hey Retro did you read about those young hoodlums (I like to call them chavlings) in Cheltenham that spent 2 hours smashing some car up, no one would call the police because they were too scared of what might happen to them, and these kids (I also like to call them ****s were about) were only about 11 or 12!

Thats one of the reasons why I'm glad I live in a nice cosy village!

I usually feel nervous walking on the streets, but for completely different reasons...

Anyhow, chavs don't scare me. Without wanting to sound like a 'tough guy' I've had my share of fights and i think i'd stand a chance. One thing i always do, if the situation requires it of course, is look for an escape route. But to be honest, i put most confidence in my verbal skills to simply fight back where they can't do fuck. If they go into discussion they'll loose, if they start to fight i'll make a witty remark and run.

And that's the man's way

Well, strange that this thread was here. I had a weird night on Friday.

So, i walked her home, and it was quite a cold night. Took about 20 mins to walk her home. But, when i was walking home (this is about midnight, and it was pitch black), the streets were deserted. I didn't come across a single person for ages. It reminded me of a scene out of 28 days later.

I didn't feel scared or anything, it just seemed a bit weird that there wasn't a person in sight for miles. I love walking at night tho, because for some reason the air feels a lot cleaner. That's why i love night outs so much. The walking out in the dark, feeling the cold, it's just excellent. Although, i did feel a little nervous that night, because for a time, it felt like there was just me and my thoughts.

That's exactly how I feel when biking to work at 4.45 AM :)

And kopo, you've seen what chavs can do.

I might've posted this, but here's it now with details.

A classmate of ours, Kristof, went to a party Saturday night and got a bit drunk. He decided to go home and headed towards his bike. He saw a group of chavs obviously trying to steal his bike. He walked up to them and confronted them (not very smart but he was a bit intoxicated).

He got beat up by 6 chavs at once, he wasn't even at school monday cause he was still kind of out of it. He lost a front tooth. His lip was busted open. The remnants of a black eye were visible. In short, he got fucked up. Luckily, the police have a name and are searching for the scum. What the rest of the gang might do to him once he gets caught, I dare not imagine. I hope he'll get through this okay.

This just makes my blood boil, albeit in uselessness. Yeah chavs will only become hostile when in groups larger than you. Fucking cowards.

It's stuff like that shit Kristof went through that really make me consider trying to make chav-hunting legal in Belgium. Blasting them away with a 9-guage must be very satisfactory. I mean, their hats make for easy shooting anyway :yes:

Sign in to follow this