NEurope
Shorty

Batman: Arkham Knight

My copy has just been dispatched by Amazon. Fun times ahead!

Although I am deliberating between stalling on this game while I finish up Witcher....

Has anyone had theirs delivered yet?

Any very early thoughts?

Might pick it up after work today.

My copy has just been dispatched by Amazon. Fun times ahead!

Lucky you! Amazon is still holding my copy at their warehouse and said it will arrive on between Thurs and Sat. -.-;

Hopefully Shopto have delivered and my copy is at home. Late shift in work tomorrow, means a longer session this evening. Also, there is a free skins pack on the PS Store (not sure on the Xbox marketplace).

Desperate to play this, but I have no PS4 or Xbox One yet. Loved the previous Arkham games, despite being more of a Marvel man!

May wait until around Christmas and pick it up alongside Star Wars Battlefront.

I ended up getting the promised free digital code for the game despite cancelling my order of the Limited Edition from Amazon. Guess we'll just have to see if the actual Limited Edition turns up later as well lol

3.5Gb day one update on the PS4. My estimate is 5 hours and it won't let me play it untill its downloaded.

EDIT: down dramatically to 90 minutes :D

Edited by martinist
new information

3.5Gb day one update on the PS4. My estimate is 5 hours and it won't let me play it untill its downloaded.

Hopefully mine doesn't take that long to download. May call home and ask if someone can put the disk into the PS4 and let it install/update whilst i'm in work.

My limited edition steelbook copy from Tesco arrived today! :D

Insanely people are already paying £70 + for it on eBay... :blank:

Not going to sell it though obviously, just interesting to see such a high demand for it.

Might as well put it in my PS4 now and let the update commence. :)

I very nearly bought this on steam last night. Glad I didn't.

Apparently it's a terrible port and runs like shit.

All dlc redeemed and the update set to download, just as well because between this and a huge 10GB update for Drive Club... it's going to take a few hours but at least I'll be able to play it this evening. :indeed:

I miss the days of an entire game shipping on a disc that you could just put in your games console and play. :(

Still, continuous improvement I suppose, just as well to have the updates, painful as they are, this is with fibre broadband installed as well. :blank:

I suppose it might not take the six hours advertised, we'll see... at least I can go and do other things while it's all installing, like reading the manual... oh wait. :heh:

Seriously can't wait to play it though, The Witcher III be damned, I'll go back to that at a later date. : peace:

Only took 30 mins to download its shit for me. But I probably spent less playing it before giving up for the day.

First impressions are mixed for me. Obviously, it's very pretty and combat is as satisfying as ever but I'm annoyed they've changed the control system from what we've been used to for three games just to accommodate the Batmobile I wasn't sure I wanted in the first place. Detective mode has been moved to up on the D-pad and as a result, selecting gadgets is much slower than it used to be. It just seems fiddly and counter intuitive so far but admittedly I've only been playing for an hour or so and I don't have the living room to myself so maybe I'll try to get into it more when I've got more time.

Best Buy fucked up and everyones online preorders are out of stock...lots of pissed off canadians on twitters, especially when they were doing an offer when this was first announced meaning you got $30 off! I ended up going to Walmart on my way to work!

OH MY GOD HOW FUCKING GOOD DOES THIS WANT TO BE?!

I take it you're enjoying it then? :p

I'm going to destroy The Witcher before I start this. My copy has arrived and I'm basically going to plough through both of these games back to back. Bring it ooonnn.

Man the patch update takes forever, tempted to just start playing without waiting for it. I'm on 100MB but I guess a lot of people are downloading it right now because I'm getting well under 1mbps.

My copy from tesco came with a weird Batman controller condom.

Not a typo.

@Daft your "not buying this game on launch" willpower held out for a good while I see :p

I didn't buy it Eric did, I'm playing it on his PS4. It's called having your Batcake and eating it.

Man the patch update takes forever, tempted to just start playing without waiting for it. I'm on 100MB but I guess a lot of people are downloading it right now because I'm getting well under 1mbps.

My copy from tesco came with a weird Batman controller condom.

Not a typo.

@Daft your "not buying this game on launch" willpower held out for a good while I see :p

I got the controller condom. @Eenuh referred to it as a condom as well, it made me laugh, especially feeling the texture of it. Putting it on felt very...sexual.

I must be mad, but I quite like it...in a bondage and latex kind of way. Might just keep it on now.

Ha. I also got the Tesco condom and also referred to it as such. Glad I'm not the only deviant.

@Eenuh referred to it as a condom as well, it made me laugh, especially feeling the texture of it. Putting it on felt very...sexual.

I must be mad, but I quite like it...in a bondage and latex kind of way. Might just keep it on now.

I came to the thread and before reading the previous posts I only read yours...without the "controller condom" introduction.

I'm aroused.

Aaaanyway...

The first 30 minutes are epic. :bowdown:

Waiting for invoices to come back with dem monies sucks, hoping to get my mega buck$$ and have this as my birthday present to myself for next week!

Although I'm thinking if I can wait past launch excitement there might be a reduction on Gold or a cheaper bundle with the season pass available.

That's if I had any willpower. Which I don't...

I got the controller condom. @Eenuh referred to it as a condom as well, it made me laugh, especially feeling the texture of it. Putting it on felt very...sexual.

@Fierce_LiNk your supposed to put it on the controller.

Really enjoying this so far, especially the Batmobile! :awesome: Don't understand how some people dislike it. :blank:

Not sure if I'm cut out to be Batman though, he often goes from being a super cool hero to a bumbling idiot when I'm in control: :heh:

I also can't seem to stop doing this whenever he communicates with people: :grin:

49Mf7QR.jpg

But yeah, very cool game. And it just gave me the worst jump scare since the corridor in Resi! :o Seriously, I almost had a heart attack. :laughing: