NEurope
Shorty

Batman: Arkham Knight

Looks great but I don't have high hopes for the Batmobile bits. They look like they'll just be bland shooter sections. Asylum was the best of the three so far, as it was much more condensed and focused. Less is more in this case and I just hope the city isn't devoid of life as it was in City and, more so, Origins. Though I've not seen anything so far to suggest it won't be.

Really hope I'm wrong though.

It's too far awayyyy D:

I should've saved watching this trailer til mid-May or something.

Really hoping that we can drive out of the batcave into Gotham anytime we want instead of using a cutscene like Batman and Robin PS1 game. I'll be so happy.

Got a feeling that the sidekicks are AI-supporters. Is that a bat-jet or bat-copter combined with the new batmobile?

Lots of opportunity for co op I guess?

Either way, still looks really good. Got the special edition pre ordered from Amazon already : peace:

They have said you can swap to a AI controlled sidekick mid battle.

£33 is a sickening price. That's the price of a whole game! That much for add ons is ridiculous. It will either be poor value for money, or be a lot of content held back from the main release.

Having a price that high will actually stop people from buying it too! Make it a third of the price and I bet more than 3 times the people would buy it.

Well, that's me not getting the game on release day but instead waiting for the GOTY edition.

That's the price of the Driveclub and Mario Kart DLC packs combined, both offering more content. They say you get some story missions, skins, more advanced challenge maps, additional super villians invading Gotham and Batmobile racetracks and skins for that. For the price, it sounds like a rip off really. I learned my lesson from Destiny in terms of content offered, which is why i'll be giving it a miss unless it's on sale. I'm already paying enough for the base game.

Special edition pre order cancelled - will just get the base edition and wait until season pass is discounted.

Can't really judge the season pass yet - if they are all decent add ons/expansions then it could be worth it. But I've been burned before (Destiny anyone?) and I'm not taking any chances.

Disappointed.

P.S what a way to dampen the excitement building up around this game...

If the content offered is worth it, then i may bite for the season pass. If it's like Evolution did with Driveclub, then yes it would be worth it. If it's like Bungie did with Destiny, then no.

I don't intend to, not at that price.

I was thinking, maybe them story missions will be based on the super villians coming to the City. Who knows, will have to wait and see.

Edited by Jimbob

Special edition pre order cancelled - will just get the base edition and wait until season pass is discounted.

Can't really judge the season pass yet - if they are all decent add ons/expansions then it could be worth it. But I've been burned before (Destiny anyone?) and I'm not taking any chances.

Disappointed.

P.S what a way to dampen the excitement building up around this game...

Agreed, it's burst my balloon of excitement for this quite considerably!

It's like the industry is continually poking us in the eyes at every given opportunity; games being released broken, content locked on the discs, DLC prices sky rocketing...it feels like they treat us how ever they want, and we will continue to lap it!

This game and Titanfall are the reasons I picked up a One, I was happy to let the pushed back release slide, but this is a kick in the knackers. I'm not fussed about skins or challenge maps too much, but story missions?! V frustrating approach!!

I'll wait until the main game drops in price before I pick it up. Then depending how much I bought it for I may pick up the season pass if it's worth it. Or I might just wait for the Game of the Year edition.

I don't feel like I need to buy games at launch like I use to. I still want to pick up Dying Light from earlier in the year, too.

Im still buying it at launch as I've never really been one for dlc but those prices are getting ridiculous.

Batman: Arkham Knight season pass detailed - play as batgirl

Warner Bros has detailed the contents of Arkham Knight's pricey season pass over on Facebook—and one of the DLC bits will let you play as Batgirl. Look, there she is up there, with a cob on that would make Batman smi...that would make Batman glower in sullen approval. In addition to this prequel story that makes Batgirl playable for the first time, we can also expect more Batman story missions, 'Gotham City Stories' that allow us to play as Batman's other chums, plus various character skins, challenge maps and batmobile tracks. So quite a lot of stuff, in other words.

Here's the full season pass breakdown (thanks, Reddit):

"Earlier this week, we announced the Season Pass for Batman: Arkham Knight. While the story of Rocksteady’s Batman: Arkham Trilogy will come to a close on June 23rd, we are excited to continue telling stories and delivering more content to explore and play through in the 6 months following the game’s release. We’ll be building more narrative, more missions, more challenges and more characters and vehicles that we want players to experience, even though they didn’t fit into the storyline of Batman: Arkham Knight.

We’ve heard from our community that you want more information on what we’ll be delivering in the Season Pass. While we aren’t ready to unveil every aspect of the content we’ll be developing, we would like to share more detail now to give you a better sense of the scope of the Season Pass.

Batgirl: A Matter of Family

An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

The Season of Infamy

Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories

Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks

Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps

Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins

A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman. As we fully ramp up development on the Season Pass, we will be sharing even more details on each monthly content drop. We hope you enjoy playing Batman: Arkham Knight as much as we’ve enjoyed making it."

http://www.pcgamer.com/batman-arkham-knight-season-pass-detailed-play-as-batgirl/