NEurope
Shorty

Batman: Arkham Knight

235793_ps4_aa0rb0.png

Leaked through GAME's online listings, a new Batman game from the original team. I didn't play much of Origins but I heard that it was buggy, and didn't do much new. Hopefully putting Rocksteady back at the helm means we might get something special.

This is apparently the last game in the series.

Coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC - not last-gen systems.

I would like to see Rocksteady try their hand at some of my other favourite franchises! It's about time we got a decent Superman game, or TMNT.

As a non owner of any current gen consoles, I'm disappointed it's not on PS3/360. Looks like I will have to go PC.

Glad it's a next-gen game. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

A next gen lock in means we can expect it to look better, plus it's more reason for people to make the switch.

Next Gen Batman with DRIVABLE batmobile.......err yes freaking please

That would sell me the game.

Origins wasn't too bad of a game, but a next-gen Arkham game is something i'll be looking at closely. I'd be expecting more details at E3 or something.

Wow it look incredible etc etc but it's not the gameplay!

Why do companies do this? do they think we're are that bloody stupid?

Show me the fucking game or show me fuck all!

Can you see my huge erection?

Hang on I'll need this...................

Optical_microscope_nikon_alphaphot_%2B.jpg

................................nope can't see nothing mate.

GI scans, some artwork and in game images. zomg.

BsZAmGi.jpg

hbuxxWI.jpg

gN8sMAX.jpg

ZsFQMHU.jpg

osaRCjZ.jpg

zxdcjGt.jpg

F35ec85.jpg

JxQHXcU.jpg

jcqtGOb.jpg

qz5qN0e.jpg

rtR6lLR.jpg

EWjLis9.jpg

cX57S5b.jpg

lOVh4P3.jpg

kX09MTc.jpg

HtoCtse.jpg

Uwekk4T.jpg

3Ft7mti.jpg

Y7drDJu.jpg

kM3BZXh.jpg

tYguvNk.jpg

03gZg8m.jpg

1HA3dmr.png

RF3st3g.jpg

Right. Yes. If I don't have a PS4 by the time this comes out, I'll get one for this.

Those screens!

were finally in full Gotham! oh my!

Pc might be the way to go but if not i will buy a PS4 entirely for this

This could be a game that convinces me of next-gen.

Shame it (probably) isn't coming to Wii U, though.

Also, some details:

Batman: Arkham Knight was announced yesterday, and following that reveal a multitude of gameplay details have been revealed by returning developers Rocksteady.

Aside from a fairly thin-on-detail statement (you can read here), there wasn't much to tell yesterday, but a subsequent reveal in the latest issue of Game Informer has confirmed a huge amount of information regarding Arkham Knight.

"The Arkham games have always been about providing that power fantasy, about being and feeling like Batman," Rocksteady's Sefton Hill said, "we're going to take it further with the addition of the Batmobile and the bigger city."

Hill then added: "We've known it's what people want. When you're Batman you do think Batmobile, It's the one key thing we felt we really always wanted to do. And also that refreshes the whole experience, which I really think it does. What we're always trying to do is [make] every game feel like a new game rather than another episode of the last one".

Previously described as an "explosive finale," Hill elaborated a little. "We kind of feel this is the natural end to the story. We really want to go out in style."

Hill also commented on working with the new-gen consoles. "We're excited to be developing the game for next-gen platforms, which has allowed us to bring to life the design elements that we envisioned from the beginning such as the Batmobile and how it augments Batman's abilities, to the fully detailed and realized Gotham City."

In the GI feature it was also revealed that the game was being built with a custom version of the Unreal Engine to better take advantage of the new-gen consoles, and the absence of Xbox 360 and PS3 versions has allowed Rocksteady to really push the new tech. The studio doesn't feel like it needs multiplayer, and is concentrating efforts to make "the best single-player experience" possible.

Series fans will be pleased to hear the Kevin Conroy is going to be voicing Batman, and Nolan North will be playing Penguin. Tara Strong is back as Harley Quinn, Troy Baker is to play Two-Face, and Wally Wingert will be performing the role of Riddler. A new character, the titular Arkham Knight, is a new rival for Batman that will "really challenge" him, and was created from scratch by DC's Geoff Johns.

Events in Arkham Knight are to take place one year after Arkham City, and Batman will begin with the suit from the last game before getting a darker, plated suit later in the game. He also has the Batmobile, which Rocksteady are hoping will be "the best car in any game ever". Batman will be able to do burnouts, jumps, boosts, shoot missiles and fire immobilisers at enemy vehicles. Interestingly, the car takes up about 160mb of memory and would just about fit on an Xbox 360 (just the Batmobile - but not the rest of the game).

The open-world setting of Gotham City will be a staggering five times bigger than Arkham City, with more space between the buildings for improved gliding. The story that plays out in Gotham City includes a variety of different characters, but Joker is dead (and for a time crime has gone down). But of course things will soon kick off, with riots (of up to fifty people), Two-Face and Penguin killing cops, and more thugs than we've seen before.

This is an ad:

Batman has several new moves according to the feature. Well-timed backflips can cause an instant KO, Batarangs and such can be fired in mid-air, an enhanced version of the classic counter system is making a return, and Batman can launch enemies into the air with throw counters that cause double damage.

Rocksteady didn't tell Game Informer what they'll be doing after Arkham Knight, but whatever it is "it's most definitely not Batman related." Does that mean that Warner Bros. Montreal will continue where they left off with Arkham Origins? I think we'll have a while to wait before we get any clarification on that one.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/112544/Batman%3A+Arkham+Knight+details+confirmed/

IGN predicted Superman and Wonder Woman will show up at some point, although Batman will tell them 'he's got this'... setting up a Justice League game as the next installment... with of course next years movie and a JLA movie in mind. Maybe Rocksteady could get going on a Superman game.

Those screens..........

I've died and gone to heaven i think.

Ok, those gameplay screenshots look gorgeous. I was with @Cookyman above at 1st, as the trailer was graphically sublime but none of it showed any actual gameplay footage.

We'll see if Rocksteady can add to the excellent gameplay of their previous Batman games, or whether it ends up being the same game with the graphical upgrade. They're saying the right things and the Batmobile offers opportunities. I'm looking forward to the first hands-on impressions.

The only downside: no Wii U support, which is another kicker for Wii U owners.

Don't worry, it'll be released on Nintendo's next console in a few years, with added armor upgrades.

what did batman make that power suit to combat....hmmm i wonder? it could be super what ever it is

Iron [bat]Man.

what did batman make that power suit to combat....hmmm i wonder? it could be super what ever it is

That picture isn't of Batman - that's the Arkham Knight villian character.

I guess that isn't to say that Batman couldn't have had that suit built and then it was stolen or something. Apparently, or so I read, Batman starts the game in the same style outfit from the first two games and as the story unfolds, he creates the new suit as shown in the artwork/screen shots more akin to the films/Origins. Perhaps his suit gets stolen, and then modified for use, by AK and then Batman designs the new suit to help combat him.... probably after getting his ass kicked.

Given their excellent work so far, I really should be in that "I wish they would work on original IP" category but honestly, I couldn't be happier - just like I would prefer Retro Studios to make another Metroid over everything else original or otherwise. It's the perfect blend of a fantastic IP and talent rich studio.

Much like City's set up was deviously hidden in Asylum, so too was this in City. I'm just glad it's next gen only as they really wouldn't be able to deliver the experience they are going for on current gen machines.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Yep, Asylum and City were so good that I'm actually happy Rocksteady is doing one more Batman game. My only problem is that it isn't coming out on any console I have, goddamnit!

Yep, Asylum and City were so good that I'm actually happy Rocksteady is doing one more Batman game. My only problem is that it isn't coming out on any console I have, goddamnit!

I'm in the same boat as I wouldn't trust my computer to run this at a clip I'm happy with... even without any botched DX 11.0 implementation like last time.

Whether it's through the purchase of a PS4, or the more likely new PC route, I'll definitely have to pick this up. It's got GOTY written all over it.