NEurope
lostmario

Harold Ramis has died

Well this sucks, Egon has died... :cry:

Hollywood legend Harold Ramis -- famous for his films "Caddyshack," "Ghostbusters," "Groundhog Day," and "Animal House" -- has died.

According to his family, the writer-director passed away early this morning at his Chicago home from complications stemming from autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis, a rare disease involving the swelling of blood vessels. He was surrounded by his family.

Ramis was 69. He is survived by his wife Erica, his sons Julian and Daniel, his daughter Violet, and two grandchildren.

Ramis began suffering from health issues related to his autoimmune disease in 2010.

In addition to "Caddyshack" and others, the comedy legend directed "National Lampoon's Vacation," "Analyze This" and several other films. He also wrote sequels to his films, like "Ghostbusters 2" and "Caddyshack 2."

http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/24/harold-ramis-dead/

Asbolutely gutted. Like most kids growing up in the 80s and 90s I loved the Ghostbusters.

RIP Egon.

NNNO NONONON ONONONONONON FUCK OFFF.

NOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

:(

Bloody bloody hell.

Nnnooooooo!!!. Damn, now we'll never see Ghostbusters III. He made some classic movies, if i wasn't out tonight i'd watch Ghostbusters in his honour and play the video game. R.I.P

I was reading this earlier, wasn't sure a thread would get any attention. Sad news. I knew he co-wrote Ghostbusters but it's only now I read of his other work. He worked on a lot of classics. R.I.P. Harold!

R.I.P Harold Ramis

:(

Who are we gonna call now? :/

I didn't know Egon was played by Harold Ramis. I thought they were two different people...

This news has been a double blow for me...

Can't believe he is dead I hope Bill Murray feels like a prick for not getting Ghostbusters 3 off the ground now....seriously he massively helped his career. I kind of wish they had somehow made a 3rd film (even if it would have likely been awful) when they were all still alive even if it was just to pass the torch.

Took me a while to twig who this was. I hate this year. :(

Can't believe he is dead I hope Bill Murray feels like a prick for not getting Ghostbusters 3 off the ground now....seriously he massively helped his career. I kind of wish they had somehow made a 3rd film (even if it would have likely been awful) when they were all still alive even if it was just to pass the torch.

The videogame pretty much is the 3rd movie.

Some great fan art/tributes are doing the rounds.

:'(

I'm devastated i really am, i'm not sure if anyone here knows this but i am a major Ghosthead; I built an accurate replica of the Proton Pack, have a uniform, a PKE meter a Trap, goggles every Ghostbuster figure made and i'm as active on Ghostbuster fans forums as i am here....and this is the worst news

Only recenetly did we get reports that Murray was onboard for the movie now, he'd got a script he liked....and then this! nobody knew he had this vascular disorder, tis a bolt out of the blue

He was such a great actor and then director, producing some of the best films made, his love for his fans and proffession was well known.

I grew up on Ghostbusters its probably my favourite franchise of all time, its wierd but its like someone in my extended family has died, it may seem a little bit of an odd thing to say, but we all have something like this, something we've latched onto in life and grown up with, for a big part of it to die, is just so very sad

i suppose the only truely fitting reposnse to this is to quote Egon

"I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought"

Edited by Agent Gibbs

I happened to find this so I felt compelled to share it...

ghostbusters.jpg

They are actually doing a proper Lego Cusco Ghostbusters set this year for the 30th Anniversary, along with lots of other items.

LEGO Ghostbusters the video game?

I went to a fancy dress party in my late teens with two mates as the Ghostbusters (classic film), as we walked in the dj put on the song (classic) and we did a whole dance routine. went down a storm and I pulled the sexiest chic at the party that night (classic)

Ghostbusters will always have a special place in my heart.

RIP H

LEGO Ghostbusters the video game?

I went to a fancy dress party in my late teens with two mates as the Ghostbusters (classic film), as we walked in the dj put on the song (classic) and we did a whole dance routine. went down a storm and I pulled the sexiest chic at the party that night (classic)

Ghostbusters will always have a special place in my heart.

RIP H

Quality story. A few years back I went to a gig on halloween and two of my friends went as the Ghostbusters, they went on stage and did the dance. Truly epic night. I wish I went as a Ghostbuster and not the Red Power Ranger now.

Excuse this pun, but spooky coincidence, I've just realised I was wearing a ghostbusters t-shirt yesterday. It was an omen. :(

1604951_10153871577535253_1681222444_n.jpg

Not gonna lie, I'm close to crying, brah.

Devastated by this news. Fuck this. Slowly, all of my childhood heroes are fluffing it. Uncle Phil, now Egon.

Some great fan art/tributes are doing the rounds.

DyVlRnl.jpg

1604951_10153871577535253_1681222444_n.jpg

BhRmk9sCYAAJ0br.jpg:large

Not ashamed to admit that all three of these brought a tear to my eye.

The news really saddened me! I got really upset! This is shit! First, Brian from Fast and Furious, then Uncle Phil and now Egon. Like someone said here, I feel like I'm saying goodbye to my childhood for real!

R.I.P Harold Ramis.