NEurope
Murr

New Tony Hawks

A new Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game is in development.

While reminiscing about the Pro Skater series on his Demolition Radio show on SiriusXM, Tony Hawk said, “We’re working on a game, we are working on a game, it's pretty cool.” A co-host, likely referring to motion capture, followed up, “It’s a whole suit you have to put on."

Hawk and his hosts didn't elaborate any further, but reiterated numerous times, "We are working on a game." No developer was specified, though Robomodo most recently developed Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD.

IGN has yet to receive a comment from Activision on the future of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

Hawk told IGN a couple years back that he'd love to see more of his series on "new consoles as they come."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/20/tony-hawk-we-are-working-on-a-new-game

Well If it's along the lines of 1 to 4, I wouldn't mind the return of the series, Heck I even enjoyed THUG, but after that... nope.

Of course it could end up being a mobile game.

If it was actually called New Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and was a return to the style of the original games, I'd possibly be interested :heh:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 was by far my favourite game in there series, followed by the first game. For some reason, I never appreciatd Pro Skater 2 quite as much ::shrug:

I actually never really played any of the games after that, apart from 4 a little bit and the unappealing Underground, though I did quite enjoy Amercian Sk8land on DS..

I'm going to use this thread for a Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 video. A mod can decide whether to change the thread-title or turn this post into a separate thread :p

Looks horrendous. Star Fox Zero looks better than this...

What the... I mean I'm all for retaining the core gameplay values of THPS but... this looks ancient.

Lets remind ourselves what skate looked like when it was announced in 2007

Well, it does look like Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5 would look like...if it were released on the GameCube.

I've been playing THPSHD the last few days and was just thinking a real sequel would be nice.

Honestly it doesn't look great, but it doesn't look bad either. The main point for me is, will it be fun and feel as good to play as the originals? And secondly will there be enough content.

Graphics just need to be serviceable as far as I'm concerned.

However, it really does look like they just took THPSHD and jazzed it up a tiny bit, you'd expect more effort than that. Everything looks so flat compared to Skates textures (though different camera angles, different focuses).

One of the most boring trailers I've ever seen. Still looks horrible and just not fun at all.

To be honest it showed most of what I would want from a Tony Hawk game so I'll be willing to give it a shot.

So this game is apparently.... terrible :(

Pretty disappointing as I loved THPS in the day (Like I imagine post people did).

Reports on Reddit are saying that it was rushed to be finished so that they could keep hold of the copyright which would have run out by the end of 2015...

Yeah I was watching Giant Bomb play it last night and they werent impressed at all. I wont be bothering with it now. :(

Will buy it when it's patched and half price then, still looks fun. :heh:

Although... find the Hidden DVD? :blank:

Should be Blu-Ray at least by now! :indeed:

The day one patch is bigger than the game itself and still plays like ass. This won't be fixed.

So this game is apparently.... terrible :(

Holy shit! It's like Goat Simulator. :laughing:

Would totally play this if it was free, stick it on PS+! :heh:

Holy shit! It's like Goat Simulator. :laughing:

Would totally play this if it was free, stick it on PS+! :heh:

Time for GIFs!

uwrzsvF.gif

watch-tony-hawks-pro-skater-5-is-a-bit-of-a-glitchy-mess-144354485284.gif

kFdTfme.gif

giphy.gif

WillingSomeAsianlion.gif

mlV0xX.gif

Remember when Tony Hawk games used to be really fun?

I miss this series...

It's such a joke, I can't understand what they're thinking at all. They must be on drugs or something.

If you want to make a cheap THPS game, make a digital only game and concentrate on the park builder, character builder, social features, several options for tricks and being bug free. Then you have the Super Mario Maker of THPS games. Easy.

But this... it looks like it came out before THPS2 or something. What an embarrassment.