NEurope
Murr

Meet The New Fantastic 4

Lol Wallace what you doin' being a superhero 'n shit? Why Norman be narrating? Lol crazy man he gotta go help Carcetti get re-elected. Crazy guys lol.

I'll be honest, I was gutted they didn't make a 3rd film with Ioan Gruffudd, Michael Chiklis, Jessica Alba and Chris Evans. Not forgetting director Tim Story, who is a brilliant storyteller. To me, this cast was just right in terms of looks, voice tone etc. Julian McMahon was perfect too (there's something about the way he says "Lesson for you, Richards"!)

I bought both on Blu-ray the other day and I laugh my way all through them. It's not just the comedy though, it's the emotion behind it. Michael Chiklis is a very talented actor and I really feel sorry for Ben wanting his old looks back. Then there's the way Doom tries to take them down one by one.

"It's time to end this."

"No, Vic, it's CLOBBERIN' time!"

I'm obviously in the minority but to me, that was how to do a superhero film.

This was refreshingly different. Between the director citing The Fly as inspiration, Philip Glass working on the soundtrack and Miles Teller (who was brilliant in Whiplash) this could really be something. Some much needed personality and artistry that Marvel sorely lack in their Disney universe.

I don't think the trailer was great, it was aping Interstellar way too much but as a show of intent I'm excited. And I'd never thought I'd say that of a Fantastic Four movie. And to be fair to Fox, they've been putting out some pretty great films recently - and I really enjoyed Day's of Future Past so fucking bring it.

Seriously though, why does he look like flaky pastry and not like rock? Could they not have put a more rocky texture on him?

I guess it's otherworldly rock?

It is strange how the texture changes for his head, where as really the rock should be consistent throughout.

But honestly, is it that bad for a person made of rock? What would people have preferred?

90287.jpg

Can't help but feel that they've tried to make him look more than a little like Groot from Guardians.

I guess it's otherworldly rock?

It is strange how the texture changes for his head, where as really the rock should be consistent throughout.

But honestly, is it that bad for a person made of rock? What would people have preferred?

I realise it doesn't matter all that much, but he always ends up looking like plastic or fibreglass rocks you get in theme parks.

Is it CGI or a costume do you think? If it's the latter then I kind of understand as it would have to move, but if it's the former, then it's just shit.

It looks like he has one sticky out breast and one breast going in.

#rockbreasts

Fantastic Four needs to be camp and colourful. Not everyone will like it, but that's what it is - that's the comic. Seems to me they tried to get respect from the Batman/X-Men audience with this one, but that's just not right for FF.

Honestly, it just needs to be good. The Fantastic Four wars borne out of Sci-Fi so it makes complete sense that it would match the tone of current SciFi. If it had succeeded, it would have been...fantastic; at the end of the day, it's just a bad film, independent of whether it's camp or gritty.

reviews were just terrible it was originally scoring 8% on rotten tomatoes which is worse than Catwoman! CATWOMAN!

I still can't get over what i read in the reviews, cut scenes, poor acting, doom being in 20 min of it with random powers but worst of all, "its clobering time" was what Ben Grimm's abusive brother said to him before he beat him senseless, so in some sort of weird Stockholm syndrome like effect at the end of the movie Ben goes repeats the line, it just takes that camp line he used to say and makes it creepy

uhh fucking fox and their license holding movies, just give it back to Marvel

Just come back from seeing it.

I still can't get over what i read in the reviews, cut scenes, poor acting, doom being in 20 min of it with random powers but worst of all, "its clobering time" was what Ben Grimm's abusive brother said to him before he beat him senseless, so in some sort of weird Stockholm syndrome like effect at the end of the movie Ben goes repeats the line, it just takes that camp line he used to say and makes it creepy

uhh fucking fox and their license holding movies, just give it back to Marvel

Wouldn't know about the cut scenes as I didn't know what was meant to be in it.

Doom was in it for longer than 20 minutes, just not as Doctor Doom for the majority of it. His powers did seem weird, but it mainly just seemed like energy/matter manipulation, or rather telekinesis.

Clobbering time, eeeh, kinda, his brother does say it before trying to slap him around, but then their mum comes in and lays the smack down on the brother. Beat him senseless is a massive exaggeration.

It was basically one long origin film, something that they could've condensed to half the time and made room for more action. Doom's motives seemed a bit off as well, at the start they talk about using other dimension energy as a way of alternative power sources, saving the planet etc, Victor is just being broody at this point saying "Well, we're the ones destroying the planet so maybe we've got it coming". Later on, it's "Fuck it, I'm going to destroy the world", not take it over a lá regular Doctor Doom.