NEurope
Murr

Meet The New Fantastic 4

After a final rewrite to the script and a long casting process, Fox looks to have assembled the team for its “Fantastic Four” reboot.

Miles Teller, Kate Mara and Jamie Bell will join Michael B. Jordan in the latest installment in the comicbook franchise.

Mara recently closed a deal to play play Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman. While no offer is out yet, Bell is expected to be tapped to play Ben Grimm/The Thing. Teller has an offer to play Reid Richards/Mr. Fantastic, but deal points are a little further away from being completed.

Teller and Mara have been on Fox’s radar since they were expected to test in November — events that were pushed when Simon Kinberg came on for the last polish on the script.

Bell came into the mix after Fox resumed screen tests.

Jordan has been attached for some time to play Johnny Storm/The Human Torch.

Based on the comic “The Ultimate Fantastic Four,” the contemporary update will focus on the characters as young men and women. Josh Trank will helm the pic with Kinberg, Matthew Vaughn and Gregory Goodman serving as producers.

With its four leads on board, Fox will now try to find its villain and hopes to test a handful of actors in the coming weeks.

“The Fantastic Four” is slated to bow June 19, 2015.

Teller is repped by CAA, Mara and Bell are repped by UTA and Jordan is repped by WME.

fantastic-four-casting.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/miles-teller-kate-mara-fantastic-four-1201099921/

Damn, was edging closer and closer to Marvel getting the rights back.

Can I un-meet them?

Nah only joking, they look ok. The only one is Jamie Bell, with his body shape being tall and skinny, I can't really imagine how that turns into The Thing. Maybe he'll bulk up, but his face would still be slim.

Anyway, yeah this would have been in much better hands back at Marvel.

This feels rushed, considering they're still casting and want to get it out for next year.

Yup, this pretty much seems like an attempt to keep the license. Still, I personally like how the MCU is limited to one main team of superheroes and isn't cluttered with the X-Men and Fantastic Four. On film, I think they do work better as separate entities.

Yeah I agree.

I have heard Marvel say they might do some team up movies in the future though taking an ever more comic like approach to the cinematic universe. So a Fantastic four and Hulk movie or something could have been good.

Can't be any worse than the other Fantastic Bore movies... Right?

Well, I at least liked the casting in those. I'm really not seeing the F4 in these people ... though I shan't judge them ahead of time.

Watching House of Cards right now. Can confirm, Kate Mara is v. annoying.

The studios will never let go of these licenses if they can avoid it, especially as Superhero films have recently become increasingly more popular(in part due to Marvel themselves). It's a real shame for me, as I'd love them all to be coming from the same place/people with a healthy(ish) continuity and probably with a bit more thought and careful rationale behind them, rather than just doing it to keep a license.

Having said that I'll probably still go see this just cos I have my cinema card, but like others FF4 has never been that big a deal to me compared to the other marvel franchises. They all look rather young however so it might be interesting to see what angle this film's gonna take.

Also - black guy for Johnny Storm? Not that it can't be done, but seems...hmm. I dunno.

Wait the fuck wit from 21 & Over (awesome movie) and Billy Elliot?! Can't see it myself. Having said that I'm not expecting much as I didn't enjoy either of the other two movies.

Hang on...isn't Johnny Storm supposed to be related to one of the others? Isn't he Sue's brother, or was that just in the first films rather than the comic?

I only care enough to post that I don't care. I feel like Jamie Bell is wasted as a talking rock.

Hang on...isn't Johnny Storm supposed to be related to one of the others? Isn't he Sue's brother, or was that just in the first films rather than the comic?

Yeah he is in the comics as well before Sue Storm becomes Sue Richards after banging Reed. Either that or he'll be in a new reboot of Captain America.

They should just have had Evans as both, and then they could have a scene where they meet and nobody mentions it at all.

It seems Sue and Johnny Storm will be half/step/adopted brother and sister.

That's why I was wondering a bit on that particular choice. No doubt good actors(he's brilliant) and also a probably good casting for Torch, but it's a bit of a lazy liberty to take having him and Sue mismatched. I doubt it's been done to be progressive much.

Miles Teller is amazing in Whiplash. Didn't know he's starring in this one.

Teaser looked interesting.

Cant watch the trailer until I get home from work but I am not expecting much from this movie at all. Every bit of news or casting I seem to read makes me think something very weird is going on between Fox and Marvel. Probably just Fox shoving out a movie quickly so they can keep the rights to the FF and with Marvel cancelling the comic this year its just all a pretty big mess.

Cant watch the trailer until I get home from work but I am not expecting much from this movie at all. Every bit of news or casting I seem to read makes me think something very weird is going on between Fox and Marvel. Probably just Fox shoving out a movie quickly so they can keep the rights to the FF and with Marvel cancelling the comic this year its just all a pretty big mess.

That's exactly why FOX have done this.

The other films weren't great and I'm not expecting anything special from this one either.

I actually quite like the other ones. They arent great movies but I found them fun enough. We all know though that the Roger Corman 1994 version is the one to beat!