NEurope
Retro_Link

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Really enjoying this so far. All the little nods to older episodes... it's just brilliant. Everytime I pick up a Chinpokomon I can't help but join in with the chime :D

Oh and I hope I'm not the only one being ridiculously immature in-game and farting on every single person I come across in town, as well as farting on the unconscious elves after battles. I know it's immature, and not really funny but it kind of is at the same time.

One thing I've seen so far that was awesome. I'll tag it, although it's not plot related, just something you'll see in town.

Santa up on top of the Police station just chillin'. Really wanted to get up there but I guess I'm either too early in the game to do it or something

And one thing that was seriously disturbing. Again, I'll tag it but if you've been going to all the houses, you'll have seen this disturbing sight.

The guy banging the horse in one of the houses. Yeah, I know it's South Park humour but even that being depicted and uncensored was a little disturbing.

The only thing that is bugging me a little is that it doesn't run as smooth as I thought. Playing on the 360 and occasionally the frame rate does drop a bit. Perhaps the day one patch sorts this but because Microsoft are arseholes, I can't connect to Live (even as a Silver member) as they've locked the hotmail account my Live account is connected to and no matter how much info I give them, they won't reactivate my account. So guess I'll have to suck it up.

Other than that, loving it so far. Hoping for a sighting of the Sexual Harassment Panda as I've had that stuck in my head for most of today while playing :laughing:

Really enjoying this so far. All the little nods to older episodes... it's just brilliant. Everytime I pick up a Chinpokomon I can't help but join in with the chime :D

Oh and I hope I'm not the only one being ridiculously immature in-game and farting on every single person I come across in town, as well as farting on the unconscious elves after battles. I know it's immature, and not really funny but it kind of is at the same time.

One thing I've seen so far that was awesome. I'll tag it, although it's not plot related, just something you'll see in town.

Santa up on top of the Police station just chillin'. Really wanted to get up there but I guess I'm either too early in the game to do it or something

And one thing that was seriously disturbing. Again, I'll tag it but if you've been going to all the houses, you'll have seen this disturbing sight.

The guy banging the horse in one of the houses. Yeah, I know it's South Park humour but even that being depicted and uncensored was a little disturbing.

The only thing that is bugging me a little is that it doesn't run as smooth as I thought. Playing on the 360 and occasionally the frame rate does drop a bit. Perhaps the day one patch sorts this but because Microsoft are arseholes, I can't connect to Live (even as a Silver member) as they've locked the hotmail account my Live account is connected to and no matter how much info I give them, they won't reactivate my account. So guess I'll have to suck it up.

Other than that, loving it so far. Hoping for a sighting of the Sexual Harassment Panda as I've had that stuck in my head for most of today while playing :laughing:

No worries there, mate. I've even got achievements for farting on everyone, haha.

This game is, by far, the coolest effing game I have ever played in my life! Like, seriously, well worth my £35. Funny story (well it's not but...) I woke up yesterday and I'm totally ill. I have a sore throat, tiredness, bunged-up nose, hearing's gone dull...all sorts...take in mind I've been looking forward to getting this game since it was announced 3 years ago. I woke up and it was 11.30am-12pm. I panicked a little bit because I thought it may have sold out. No matter how ill I was, I was hellbent on getting that game today! However, I look across my room to where my TV is and there it was: The game propped up against my telly. Turns out my dad went and bought it for me, ready to play. The man is my hero! haha. I also found out that he got the last copy so now he's even more of a hero!

I absolutely adore this game so much, I can't stop playing it. As I'm typing this now, it's the first time I've actually been off of the game for this long. I spent half of the day just doing side-quests and seeing little nostalgic moments of South Park. I can't say I've suffered the frame-rate problem as of yet and my fingers are crossed that I don't, however, one minor tiny problem I have with the game (and it's not even to do with the game itself) and that's the censoring. Other than that, Game of the Year for sure! Literally, this is such a flawless, funny, clever, witty and any-other-positive-word-can-be-thrown-here game.

Collecting Chinpokomon and opening doors and garages not knowing what you'll find are all amazing little things to do in the game!

It's so tits!

Can we please talk about the battle with the Warlock Underpants Gnome when you're actually on the bed battling him whilst your Dad is plowing your Mom and at random moments, you see a hairy ballsack almost knock you out. I was laughing so much, I cried.

can anyone please confirm if the nazi babies and zombies are seen in all its glory(in the 360/ps3 version), saw some pics online that the red scarf around their arm with swastika logo's are displayed with a giant black bar over it.

That was the german version, but i want to know if all pal versions has it.

I can confirm that they are seen perfectly.

The things that I've come across so far that are censored are Randy Marsh getting anally probed and a mini-game in which you have to beat the anal probing machine whilst it's anally-probing you...anal-probe...

There's a mini-game where you also have to perform an abortion with Randy Marsh which is also banned.

I find it all to be ridiculous, I see no point in censoring them.

Huge SP fan, as soon as this hits 75% off on steam, I'll be all over it! ^^

Mate, I'm the one usually saying to wait until it goes down in price but believe me when I say this: It is well worth the money! :D

Edited by Animal
Automerged Doublepost

Mate, I'm the one usually saying to wait until it goes down in price but believe me when I say this: It is well worth the money! :D

Not implying it isn't... but I'm in no rush and I'd rather pay 4 times less a year from now. It's my MO... without it I'd play very little games (living on €400 a month demands some trickery).

Not implying it isn't... but I'm in no rush and I'd rather pay 4 times less a year from now. It's my MO... without it I'd play very little games (living on €400 a month demands some trickery).

Ah, fair enough! :)

I beat the game yesterday evening, Need to finish off the side quests mind, though I'm having a difficult time finding the last homeless person, the last Kindergartner and beating

Al Gore, I could beat him if not for his secret service back up.

Also beat this last night. Did everything, and while the gameplay is super easy this was one of my favourite games of the past year. Really like how outrageously vile some of the scenes were and how 'South Park' this felt. Would be great if they did another with improved gameplay.

One thing I enjoyed

The shows Ending credits playing before the Games credits, it capped off the whole interactive episode feel the game created

Seems really cool...still gonna wait for a price drop, though.

I beat the game yesterday evening, Need to finish off the side quests mind, though I'm having a difficult time finding the last homeless person, the last Kindergartner and beating

Al Gore, I could beat him if not for his secret service back up.

It took me a while but I found them. Kicked myself when I did. Struggling to find all of the Chinpokomon and Facebooking everyone. I think I friended 109 people at the moment.

So finished this up a few days ago and have to say that while I did really enjoy it, the ending/lead up to the ending just felt entirely incomplete. Don't know what others felt.

Was majorly disappointed in how quickly it went from "We need to recruit more factions" to the actual fight with Clyde and co. Yes, I know the others supposedly went off and recruited the Federation and Pirates but I think it would have been more complete to let us do the recruiting of those factions, and not simply leave us with the task of getting the girls on side.

Because of that, I do feel the ending lacked that bit more content although to be fair, I do think the game in general could have done with a couple more side quests because I had done all but Jimbo's one by the time I'd beaten the game and really didn't feel like I went off the beaten track doing so. Even beating Al Gore was easy thanks to the Fighter's Ground Stomp ability constantly stunning the Secret Service guys.

Ended the game with 119 friends and 20-something Chinpokomon. Can't for the life of me work out who the missing friend is but not too bothered about it really.

But yeah, great game. As I said, would have liked a little more towards the end to make it that little more complete but that didn't take away any of my enjoyment of what was there in the game.

Finished it today. The story was a bit lackluster throughout, but it was entertaining enough.

“Khloe Kardashian was in here this morning. She had…the biggest abortion I've ever seen”

The whole of Canada.

The Underpants Gnome section, with your parents going at it in the background. Being squashed by your dad's balls was horrifying.

Mr Slave's arse and the accompanying Lemiwinks song.

I was really surprised at how good this game turned out to be. I'd love to see some kind of continuation in DLC.

I was really surprised at how good this game turned out to be.

Same here, I thought it was going to overload you with everything but it seems to be drip feeding you portions of the world. I've only just met the girls and strayed into 16-bit Canada, I'd completely forgotten about them up until that point as I was focusing on the now moments.

The menu system is pretty wank though.

I'll have to wait 'til I get a decent laptop to play this. Apparently it's not very likely it'll be ported to PS4 :(

Can't think of a game less needing a remaster. Other than just being on more consoles of course.

I missed it last time around so am really looking forward to this!

Not going to grumble at this. This is one game that I've been looking out for and I'm quite eager to play it. :D