NEurope
Retro_Link

South Park: The Stick of Truth

I am seriously too excited for this game! Hopefully, fingers crossed, this will be a Day 1 purchase for me!

That's the video I just posted above :p but yeah this was the first I'd seen of it too outside of that terrible E3 showing. Looks so funny.

Ah sorry about that. I just saw it on IGN and came running!

This looks incredible. I was kinda hoping that they might release it on mobile/tablet, it definitely looks compatible.

God that looks bloody awesome! They totally nailed the look and feel! :D

Gameplay looks fun and the writing is true to form (you really can tell that Matt & Trey got their hands dirty with this one!)

March...

go-god-go-part-2-20061102015236763.jpg

I've been really pleasantly surprised by how good this looks. Might very well consider buying it at launch. Still not regretting holding on to my 360.

i keep hovering over that pre-order on steam with this....i can't decide if i want it at launch and what platform for.

Have we gotten any comparisons yet? given its cartoon style it should look the same over all platforms, the only thing that leads me to PC is will it get mods eventually?

I'm still going to buy it for the Xbox 360 but I just can't stand the fact that Ubisoft are a bunch of pussies and have censored some of the scenes!!!

Can't wait. It's currently sat pre-installed on my Steam list. Just got to finish Thief this week.

And the reviews are pouring in!

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/04/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-review-round-up/

Eurogamer – 8/10

Gamespot – 7/10

Polygon – 8.5/10

Kotaku – Not Yet

Xbox Achievements – 88/100

IGN – 9/10

CVG – 9/10

Edge – 8/10

DigitalSpy – 4/5

OPM – 8/10

Destructoid – 8/10

Rock, Paper, Shotgun – No Score

Joystiq – 3.5/5

GameTrailers – 8.3/10

Shacknews – 6/10

Shopto – No Score

Dealspwn – 8/10

BT.com – 5/5

GodisaGeek – 9/10

Lazygamer – 8.5/10

NowGamer – 8/10

ExpansiveDLC – 9/10

NextGenGamingBlog – 8.5/10

StrategyInformer - 9/10

Talkingship – 8/10

ConnectedDigitalWorld – 9/10

Oh hell yeah! Roll on Friday! :yay:

Certainly getting better review scores than I thought it was going to get. Did read bits and pieces of the Kotaku review about the glitches and what not but doesn't sound like too much of an issue.

Was in two minds of whether or not to pick this up and I'm sure I wasn't the only one waiting for the reviews to come out before finally settling on a decision but looks like I may actually pick it up now. Roll on Friday then :D

Looks like it should be pretty nice. I'll be playing on PC at some point.

Certainly getting better review scores than I thought it was going to get. Did read bits and pieces of the Kotaku review about the glitches and what not but doesn't sound like too much of an issue.

Was in two minds of whether or not to pick this up and I'm sure I wasn't the only one waiting for the reviews to come out before finally settling on a decision but looks like I may actually pick it up now. Roll on Friday then :D

It shouldn't be an issue. I've heard there's a day one patch for the game, in time for it's release, and if they have a review copy, then the patch data may not be included. I'm sure it'll be fine. :)

can anyone please confirm if the nazi babies and zombies are seen in all its glory(in the 360/ps3 version), saw some pics online that the red scarf around their arm with swastika logo's are displayed with a giant black bar over it.

That was the german version, but i want to know if all pal versions has it.

Been playing this a bit, looks so good in full HD (PC version). They really nailed the feel of it.

The battle gameplay is pretty easy for an RPG regular. If you like South Park and Paper Mario this will be heaven for you.

I didn't want to put it down, it really feels like playing an actual episode of the show, that's how good they nailed the feeling of the show in this game. Only issue I'm have is navigating to the main objective, I keep finding side quests that are distracting me.

What happened to you and your pirating-little-shit ways, Oxigen? :p

So... Yeah, this game is amazing. It really is South Park meets Paper Mario.

It's everything I was hoping it would be! :D

What happened to you and your pirating-little-shit ways, Oxigen? :p

Huh? Oo I never pirated videogames. I believe you must be thinking of someone else. I'm kinda new to PC gaming, too, so piracy wasn't really an option until recently.

Well, lies, I did dabble in some "try-before you buy" antics with my psp and ds(R4 ftw), but I purchased every game I liked afterwards.

I did pirate music and tv shows extensively, but ever since Spotify and Netflix became big, I just don't see the point anymore.

Not that I'm insulted or anything, I'm very pro-piracy, morally... but I think you're thinking of someone else, here.

If I did pirate I wouldn't always be a year late for everything, lol :D

okay this game is amazing! its everything i'd want it to be and more! its just like an interactive episode

Started playing this last night. Really solid writing and style, but the combat took a while to win me over. Actually spent most of the time exploring South Park and hanging out with characters I haven't seen in the series for years.

Lots of great nods to earlier episodes too. Seems like they put plenty in there to do as side quests too. Chinpokomon!

Went Thief, kinda wanted to be a Jew but I guess that'll have to wait for another time.