NEurope
Dcubed

Nintendo Direct: The Legend of Buffering

Who wants to bet Nintendo will only be showcasing their new Quality of Life range and no actual games :p

Not sure what point of mine that's in reply to, but ok.

Trolling? I was talking about the previous year or so, not just this one instance. You're constantly moaning about games being delayed and how MK and Donkey Kong should have been released ASAP, demanding to see Yarn Yoshi on sale, stating "the Wii U needs games NOW" etc. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of you now saying "Gee I really hope Nintendo aren't rushing their games to combat the Wii U's problems"

I'd also love to know what you think June is. If you go by the actual seasonal calendar, Spring carries on until June 21st. Even 10 year olds know this. My point was that E3 is taking place at the end of Spring and where we're likely to hear about games releasing in Summer/Autumn.

Lies! Lies! And damn lies! You're starting to P1$$ me off now. I haven't moaned about Mario Kart or DK. I said DK was delayed to plug oh wait what's this? Another game drought. Not that I care much anyway about the game really. I haven't complained about MK being delayed though many others have said it should have been out for Christmas. I never ever demanded to see Yarn Yoshi on sale. Show me where I said that? I merely mentioned that this game was shown in last Januarys Nintendo Direct and that is far from ready so why can't we see other games revealed in this Nintendo Direct.

My response was aggressive but 10 year old comments are fine? We don't use the seasonal calender but then you're good at twisting things. Stop lying Ronnie.

Edited by Wii

Lies! Lies! And damn lies! You're starting to P1$$ me off now. I haven't moaned about Mario Kart or DK. I said DK was delayed to plug oh wait what's this? Another game drought. Not that I care much anyway about the game really. I haven't complained about MK being delayed though many others have said it should have been out for Christmas. I never ever demanded to see Yarn Yoshi on sale. Show me where I said that? I merely mentioned that this game was shown in last Januarys Nintendo Direct and that is far from ready so why can't we see other games revealed in this Nintendo Direct.

My response was aggressive but 10 year old comments are fine? We don't use the seasonal calender but then you're good at twisting things. Stop lying Ronnie.

Sorry, should have said 8 year old.

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1619098&highlight=Yarn+yoshi#post1619098

Edited by Ronnie

Stop with the bickering.... There's no need to make everything so personal. Thread bans next.

Who wants to bet Nintendo will only be showcasing their new Quality of Life range and no actual games :p

What's this? It sounds like some kind of premium Dignitas package.

I'd be happy with 1 HD remake every year, but perhaps WW was an exception owing to how good the Cel shading worked in HD.

Completely unexpected and largely unwanted predictions

• New Ice climbers

I actually think Ice Climbers could be a great game. Set on a large mountain, starting at a village. Some magic mumbo-jumbo happens and the mcguffin they need to collect is at the top.

The game itself is a massive open-world Metroidvania/Platform/RPG game with side-quests, missions and lots of caverns and caves to explore (most of which have platform/puzzle areas). Nana and Popo will upgrade their powers and abilities, which lets them go back and explore new areas.

Wow that'd be amazing, I'd love an Ice Climbers sequel. It'd work well with the 3DS, using both screens for height. As long as it sounded the same, sound effects and music.

I actually think Ice Climbers could be a great game. Set on a large mountain, starting at a village. Some magic mumbo-jumbo happens and the mcguffin they need to collect is at the top.

The game itself is a massive open-world Metroidvania/Platform/RPG game with side-quests, missions and lots of caverns and caves to explore (most of which have platform/puzzle areas). Nana and Popo will upgrade their powers and abilities, which lets them go back and explore new areas.

Goron cameo ftw!

tmcbiggooron.png

An Ice Climbers game could have platforming levels like the 'Conquering the Summit' level from Galaxy, only a lot more fleshed out of course.

22.png

Edited by Retro_Link

22.png

Good god.

A mysterious Ice Climber game with this kind of aesthetic and only simple 'SubSpace Emissary' type speech and stuff would be amazing!

well god dammit! ice climbers was my example of an Ip most people aren't interested in, not only does it seem its more interesting than i thought, you've managed to make me want what you described

well think of a rubbish IP that will make the internet explode with "NOBODY WANTED THAT" and thats what they'll anounce then

i need the negativity to stop me boarding that hype train because now more than ever nintendo need some amazing reveals to raise the share prise and interest in them

I know they are going to port sonic 2006 now with more waggle controls!

N64 VC launches next week with superman 64

dammit people i can't let myself get hyped up for a fall :p

Tingle's Fairy Dreamland U work for you?

So what do we think, Majora's Mask 3D, will it get announced or not? I'm leaning towards yes but then ALBW is still pretty new so they may wait till the next one, assuming they're making it at all.

All the info should be revealed by the time I get home tonight. Hopefully we might get something interesting. My Wii U needs something till Mario Kart. (I'm sorry I don't love Donkey Kong Nintendo. Please let me keep my money.)

A few release dates would be nice. Go on gimme a date for Smash Brothers....

I think we'll hear more of the 'customer relations' Iwata mentioned in the Investor breifing. I think they'll roll out a new rewards scheme, rolling coins/stars and Premium into one service linked to NNID.

Personally, I'd be happy to see the end of our Stars catalogue and have a more generous alternative linked to our NNIDs and eShops with less physical junk.

While on the subject of eShops, I expect mention (at least) of web-purchases, linking out NNIDs to the new online store. Perhaps talk of a Nintendo App, or suite of apps also.

Its all been talked about to some degree so it'd be nice to finally see something concrete.

Good god.

A mysterious Ice Climber game with this kind of aesthetic and only simple 'SubSpace Emissary' type speech and stuff would be amazing!

You're explorers, when playing online you are paired up with your fellow climbing partner in the forgotten village at the base, are tethered to them, told the legendary tales of the mountain and are sent out to tame this monster and all that may await you.

Oh god I never even thought of a Dreamcast Virtual Console!!!!

dreamcast_boot.gif

If there even was a remote chance of this happening, I'd be watching this ND wearing an aduld diaper... because if it'd be announced, I'd crap my pants even if I'd see it coming. But perhaps mostly because that feels like the only way the Wii U will get exciting racing games.

But speaking of remakes... if there's any game that deserves an HD Remake (apart from Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time), it's Pilotwings 64. Why? Because it was mind-blowingly gorgeous and ambitious back in the day. Imagine if those green hills were actually covered in trees? And the water had 3D waves and realtime reflections and refractions? And it was full of all matter of modern shaders. Apart from bringing the graphics up to scrap, the only thing the game would need would be more vehicles. Maybe a boat (or *gasp* A JET SKI!) and a car, to explore the gorgeous environments from the ground (not to mention that those worlds would've been perfect for real racing missions).

Maybe they will finally give "X" a real name. It's going to be Xeno-something though!

Possibly something like Xenomech.

I would love episodic 2D Zelda and Metroid games for either Wii U or 3DS. A level or dungeon released every other month, with a nice sprawling narrative.

Possibly something like Xenomech.

I think you may have just struck gold. I'll go with that.

I'm half-expecting either...

Majora's Mask 3D

Twilight Princess HD

The latter would be awesome, actually. One of the best things they could do. I'd be as excited for TP as I was for WW.

I'm letting my mind drift a bit, but unless I'm mistaken, isn't Wind Waker HD basically the new graphics engine for Zelda? They could do a lot, lot worse than getting out HD remakes of OOT, MM and TP, then use that engine as a basis for going forward. Combined with the plans for Nintendo's future machines to be based on the Wii U architecture, it might be a good time to establish a "base" graphics engine for 3D Zelda. Not only would these remakes be welcome now, they would be quite easy to tweak in future (for increases in resolution etc).

The big difference between Zelda remakes and Mario oversaturation, in my opinion, is that the 3D Zeldas are very, very good games. Some of the Mario games are too, but other times it's a case of just using Mario/Luigi/Yoshi as a mascot to mask the fact the game itself doesn't seem very thrilling in its own right. Remakes of Zelda are always welcome in my book.