NEurope
Hero-of-Time

N64 Appreciation Thread

Finally got a fourth N64 pad with a decent stick.

So glad I can now stop going into CEX stores and asking them if I can have "a wiggle on the N64 controller in the window."

Combined with the Enko sticks coming from Kickstarter some time in the next few months, I should be set for optimal N64 controlling for a good while... or a single game of Mario Party.

Edited by Guy

Just put out a retrospective covering most games by Rare for the N64.

Only games I haven't covered are Killer Instinct: Gold, Banjo-Tooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day. None of which I have.

Haven't watched it all yet but I had a good laugh at the picture in the background. :D

tl;dr

The games performed pretty shitty, but were still masses of fun to play.

Try saying this to a 14 year old Call of Duty fan... :blank:

N64 Anthology Book coming out in March that looks like it could be quite interesting

http://www.funstockretro.co.uk/n64-anthology-book-collectors-edition

Oh apparently the normal edition of that book is already available and a bit cheaper

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Anthology-Classic-Math-Manent/dp/1605849405/

I had this delivered earlier in the month. It's quite a hefty book and a stupidly good read. Easily worth a purchase if you're a fan of the N64.

I picked up a few games recently for my N64. I've managed to add complete, mint in box copies of F-Zero X, Pokemon Puzzle League, Killer Instinct Gold ( with little move booklet ) and Super Smash Bros to my collection.

I was going through my games that I have previous bought and noticed that the box for the Mario Party that I had bought ages ago had turned yellow. I opened up the case protector and the box absolutely stunk of smoke. The scruffy git I bought it off must have been a heavy smoker and the protective case I was keeping it in has somehow enhanced the smell and discoloured the box. I ended up just throwing the whole lot in the bin and now have to try and track down another copy.

I had this delivered earlier in the month. It's quite a hefty book and a stupidly good read. Easily worth a purchase if you're a fan of the N64.

I picked up a few games recently for my N64. I've managed to add complete, mint in box copies of F-Zero X, Pokemon Puzzle League, Killer Instinct Gold ( with little move booklet ) and Super Smash Bros to my collection.

I was going through my games that I have previous bought and noticed that the box for the Mario Party that I had bought ages ago had turned yellow. I opened up the case protector and the box absolutely stunk of smoke. The scruffy git I bought it off must have been a heavy smoker and the protective case I was keeping it in has somehow enhanced the smell and discoloured the box. I ended up just throwing the whole lot in the bin and now have to try and track down another copy.

I'd of had that Mario Party

I'd of had that Mario Party

Even in its awful smoke smelling condition? It's a shame as everything else about it was mint. :(

Even in its awful smoke smelling condition? It's a shame as everything else about it was mint. :(

Yep, I'd of tried to get rid of the smell using different cleaning methods.

Yep, I'd of tried to get rid of the smell using different cleaning methods.

The smell could probably have been dealt with but the yellowing of the box due to the smoke would have been far more difficult to remove, especially if trying to keep the condition as it was.

The smell could probably have been dealt with but the yellowing of the box due to the smoke would have been far more difficult to remove, especially if trying to keep the condition as it was.

Still in your bin? :heh:

Still in your bin? :heh:

Lucky for you last Wednesday was for the normal trash. I've just went scrounging in the recycling bin and found it for you!

Lucky for you last Wednesday was for the normal trash. I've just went scrounging in the recycling bin and found it for you!

:yay: How much do you want to cover P&P?

:yay: How much do you want to cover P&P?

Don't be silly. Just text me your address and I'll get it sent off for you.

Anyone else tempted by the HD N64 mod? I'm on a waiting list but who knows when the next batch will land and how long the list is.

I've got an RGB French N64 but can't resist trying to get the perfect image for the system. I can't fit a PVM/BVM in the house so the HD mod seems perfect. Just need to track down a translated Shindou edition of Wave Race and IPS patch it to a genuine cart and my life will be complete. :)

Anyone else tempted by the HD N64 mod? I'm on a waiting list but who knows when the next batch will land and how long the list is.

I've got an RGB French N64 but can't resist trying to get the perfect image for the system. I can't fit a PVM/BVM in the house so the HD mod seems perfect. Just need to track down a translated Shindou edition of Wave Race and IPS patch it to a genuine cart and my life will be complete. :)

At the moment, I feel like I want to play everything on Switch so I'm excited to finally get some N64 games on the Virtual Console!

For all the games that won't make it, I'll probably be making do with my original N64 :smile: