NEurope
Jamba

Why N-Europe?

Signed up in the early days of the Gamecube, I like the place. Other console specific websites I've been to tend to be very biased to the platform the site is about but I've always found this one to have varied opinions when it comes to Nintendo, its not just a bunch of people who bend over and take it.

Edited by bryanee

Offerman had sex with a woman, then quit.

I thought that he quit, had sex with a woman, then came back to tell us and then left again?

I thought that he quit, had sex with a woman, then came back to tell us and then left again?

It was something like that. I'm not sure he'd officially quite the first time though, just drifted away.

I'm sure the thread is still here somewhere.

EDIT: Found it! http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=129598

He posted that two hours after the deed. Fantastic.

Edited by MoogleViper

A Legend dies.

So fitting. I do believe I missed that one.

Remember that time Rokhed00 had beef over at the sci-fi channel forums? :grin:

Remember that time Rokhed00 had beef over at the sci-fi channel forums? :grin:

Don't remember that one, but you might want to speak to @Murr about Rokhed's beef.

@Rummy I mos def remember our meetingz. Always an honour, and I wish it could happen more often!

@forum I grew up with this place open in a window whenver I was online. The relationships between a bunch of mid-teens spread to MSN and IRC then we grew up a bit more and facebook was invented and we went to college then university then got jobs and grew up a bit more and... still here. It's really crazy, actually. No matter what I still check this forum twice a day, and actually it really does pain me that I'm not contributing like I used to. This was always a place I could come and vent, or share my inner-most thoughts. As Martinist says, most corners of the internet that I've found haven't quite combined anonymity with amicability. Generally there's a huuuge amount of respect given and shared amongst users (of GCC), and I've always appreciated that.

One element of reason for why I post less is because I am always aware that anything I write may come back to me. Either via facebook if someone has a vendetta against me, or because I've let a few 'key' people irl know about this place so i can't just rant about my lovelife or my work life or my friendship circle on here as it may actually feed into REAL LIFE. That's probably the biggest change to how I use the forum.

But I still come here because it's not too fast-paced and I know people. It's really like a giant interactive soap opera!

Don't remember that one, but you might want to speak to @Murr about Rokhed's beef.

I spent more time at work looking for these old posts than I should have -

Urban Dictionary on Rokhed / My History

The greatest member the sad litttle Gamezville forums have ever seen.

Judge Death forced Uber Murr to resign from Gamezville, class.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=judge+death

he used to post as Judge Death and was a moderator on Gamezville forums, and i was a Moderator on Gamezville forums also (posted under the alias [uber - Murr] ) (Gamezville being that Game tv show on Sky 1)

well my girlfriend at the time also posted on the forum (as Ice Queen) and was also a moderator. her ex boyfriend gave Rokhed pictures he had of her and he posted them on the forums.

we had lots and lots of clashes before this though...

He got pictures of one my ex girlfriends from one of her ex boyfriends and posted them on forums. ( I was with her at the time)

the guy was a fucker

He also put himself into Urban Dictionary website boasting of his achievements, His Name on Gamezville being JudgeDeath. (Uber Murr in the below being yours truly)

90829503.jpg

:nono:

Offerman was the guy with the 10 inch penis who threw a strop when he got cautioned for harassment and then quit? Or am I remembering that wrongly?

@Rummy I mos def remember our meetingz. Always an honour, and I wish it could happen more often!

@forum I grew up with this place open in a window whenver I was online. The relationships between a bunch of mid-teens spread to MSN and IRC then we grew up a bit more and facebook was invented and we went to college then university then got jobs and grew up a bit more and... still here. It's really crazy, actually. No matter what I still check this forum twice a day, and actually it really does pain me that I'm not contributing like I used to. This was always a place I could come and vent, or share my inner-most thoughts. As Martinist says, most corners of the internet that I've found haven't quite combined anonymity with amicability. Generally there's a huuuge amount of respect given and shared amongst users (of GCC), and I've always appreciated that.

One element of reason for why I post less is because I am always aware that anything I write may come back to me. Either via facebook if someone has a vendetta against me, or because I've let a few 'key' people irl know about this place so i can't just rant about my lovelife or my work life or my friendship circle on here as it may actually feed into REAL LIFE. That's probably the biggest change to how I use the forum.

But I still come here because it's not too fast-paced and I know people. It's really like a giant interactive soap opera!

I've been sure not to tell anyone about this place, it's my secret hideout where if I had any deepest darkest secrets I could tell them.

Also so many old names in that thread, a lot of memories.

Edited by Charlie

I've been sure not to tell anyone about this place, it's my secret hideout where if I had any deepest darkest secrets I could tell them.

Agreed. This forum knows more of my secrets than anybody else I know.

I don't visit like I used to...for a number of 'reasons' I guess...I found the online communities I frequented to be much more related to current interests I guess. During and now after Uni I found myself to be a lot busier but also I think I found myself invested in "IRL" relationships a lot more - the main one of which being my relationship with my boyfriend. Been together just over 2 years now.

However this is the only forum I've ever met anyone off - Hamish is a good friend (we were even going to live together at one point </3 ) and I've hung out with Ashley all too briefly.

I secretly/not so secretly want to hang out with Ashley and Daft but I fear my beard game is not strong enough.

I secretly/not so secretly want to hang out with Ashley and Daft but I fear my beard game is not strong enough.

I doubt I will be up to it* but I would really like a secret n-e gentleman's beard club if it existed**.

*i really wouldn't because i cannot beard like you guys

**this idea is so ludicrous it would never exist. wink wink beard beard.

LOL @ this thread,

I remember coming here and joining in 2011, because the gaming forum i'd been on in the past had descended into an army of fanboys at war.

So i looked for a more friendly forum, and i vaguely remembered one i'd chanced across in the past,which may or not have been this one, i was never sure, but once i was here everyone was warm and friendly and different to other larger forums where community wasn't a thing due to sheer volume of members, or it was an unfriendly place.

Despite all our squabbles here, it still feels more like a friendly community, a family

Because this (and back in the day Hayesmates/Euro-fusion) is the only online community where I actually care about the people. I'm still somewhat quite a lurker but have enjoyed reading it for years now, so even if I don't know people personally, I know about them and like their personalities and thus reading their opinions (sounds a bit creepy but it's hard to describe, it's almost like how you enjoy watching something like F.R.I.E.N.D.S because you love the characters and can relate to them)

Every other place I go to just seems like a bunch of opinions from random people, here, it really does have a personality and everyone has known each other for years. I'd never dream of bothering to read a relationship thread on any other website but this one.

It's also really helped me out in times of need, and on occasion I do treat it like a diary much how I used to, though I try to do that slightly less now as I do actually know a fair few people on here and have a couple of real life friends here too, so my deep thoughts might be a bit weird/out of character for them to read as I'm usually quite introverted when it comes to my emotions :p (one particular instance is where my friend rang me one day and asked me if I was gay after reading the 'coming out thread', guess I must have missed out a few details about myself :p )

But yeah what started as a intense passion for Nintendo turned into a site that was basically an extension of myself, I did lose touch slightly form 2007 to 2011 but after becoming a staff writer I really felt part of the community again and met some fantastic people on here that I hadn't really spoken to in my earlier days (such as Ashley and our Aaron bear)

But I'm rambling. I like it, and it's been one of the most consistent things in my life since I joined when I was 13, whether that's a good or bad thing :p

I can't even remember properly why I joined but I did and I don't regret it whatsoever. I think it might have been because of the DS or something...anyway, I joined and I was expecting to talk about gaming and such but I somehow ended lurking on General Chit Chat and I spend most of my time there. I got to know the people here and genuinely love hearing about their lives. As Josh perfectly put it, I've been on forums where it just feels like random people having their say but here, it's different somehow.

I also had that time when I thought I'd introduce my so-called real-life friends on here and after a few visits, one of them hated this forum and one just couldn't be arsed (both aren't my friends anymore because they're a bit immature so hey, what do they know? :p). This forum, despite me falling out with most of my friends, despite my heartbreaks and my tough challenges, has always been there for me whenever I needed help. That's just something you don't really see on other forums. You may get some advice but not people who genuinely care and even though some haven't met others, you can tell that there's genuine care in here and it's nice to feel wanted. It's nice to feel like you belong, I suppose.

The site has actually built my confidence and has helped me in ways you can't imagine. I find myself visiting here at least four times a week but usually it's everyday. I like catching up and knowing what you guys are up to. I feel like you're my friends.

I did come here for the news at first then I got curious about the forum and saw there were actually decent conversations going as well as information that wasn't on the front page. Made some very good friendships on here and I've enjoyed meeting up with various people from the forum in real life too. The reason I've stayed all this time is because of the mentality of the majority of the people on here.

It seems to mostly be a refuge from the 4chan style personality of the internet. People are open and honest and most of us will not judge anyone or discriminate. It's a nice community to be a part of and I don't know anywhere else that is so accepting and tolerant of others.

Because no where else can I be repeatedly told that a home console Pokemon RPG will never happen.

Maybe if you went to GAF more. I do that there, too :p

It USED to be amazing :D

Only kidding... though I do feel the place has been a little off the past few months. I love chatting about video games, specifically Nintendo and I've been coming here since the N64 days. I've tried other places but I agree with whoever it was that this place has a good size. And there are some really awesome people here. Even the people I have mini fights with like @david\.dakota after meeting up at the Zelda concert. And I will never forget the unbelievable kindness and support of @nightwolf @Shorty (and his ex) @jayseven who came to see my show in Manchester. And they were all stupidly great in our way too brief chat afterwards.

So that's a 100% success rate of the real life meetings :D No, 75%... Dakota's a nob!

I think this place will mellow as all the people grow up and fewer young people come in.

Everyone reminiscences about how crazy and wild it was a few years ago, but i think that's just because we were all younger and wilder. Plus all the insane people tend to burn out quickly and fade away leaving the sensible ones behind.

So that's a 100% success rate of the real life meetings :D No, 75%... Dakota's a nob!

Which makes us a perfect fit; because you're a right cunt. :)

Which makes us a perfect fit; because you're a right cunt. :)

Explains why we spent the night not playing games at all and lubed up to the max... :heart: