NEurope
Serebii

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

I do remember reading a rumour not long after those 3 Nintendo exclusive Sonic titles were announced that there was still a multi platform Sonic title coming so maybe this is that and the third exclusive is just yet to be announced?

I dont understand why people presume this is the 3rd exclusive... Also. Did they definitely say Sonic game? I thought they just said game.

I dont understand why people presume this is the 3rd exclusive... Also. Did they definitely say Sonic game? I thought they just said game.

Iwata definitely said it was three Sonic games. Not just any SEGA game...

I do remember reading a rumour not long after those 3 Nintendo exclusive Sonic titles were announced that there was still a multi platform Sonic title coming so maybe this is that and the third exclusive is just yet to be announced?

It is still possible that the 3rd Nintendo exclusive game is indeed seperate from this upcoming multiplatform one, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Nintendo's long standing history of failing to hold onto 3rd party exclusives, combined with the Wii U's abysmal sales performance is enough for me to have zero faith in it being anything other than yet another lost exclusive :(

Edited by Dcubed

I'm afraid that chart is old news. Sonic releases haven't followed that pattern for years, now.

I'd say only 2 really broke the pattern. Colours and Generations.

Sonic Lost World on Wii U is better than both of those games combined!

I'd disagree but that's not my point anyway. Generations and Colours were generally thought well of, Lost World was a much more mixed to negative reaction after people got their hopes up.

Errrrrm does no one remember that awfulness that was Sonic the Hedgehog 2006? I just... GAH! HORRIBLE!

Don't believe me? Ask Yahtzee what he thought of Unleashed:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/472-Sonic-Unleashed

Yahtzee: That guy kept showing the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed while criticizing aspects that weren't present in it (the annoying "emblem hunt" he's talking about only exists in the PS3/360 versions).

He gets away with so much bullshit in his reviews.

Regardless, Sonic '06 was an embarrassment for everyone involved (and 2006 wasn't included in those years I mentioned :heh:). Unleashed was a perfectly decent game, despite following the Sonic Cycle to a "T".

There is a possibility that this is both the third exclusive game and multiplatform. None of us have read the contract and know what kind of exclusivity deal was struck (out right, timed or content).

Or it could be that Nintendo planned to announce it recently and misplaced their calendar again.

Errrrrm does no one remember that awfulness that was Sonic the Hedgehog 2006? I just... GAH! HORRIBLE!

Don't believe me? Ask Yahtzee what he thought of Unleashed:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/472-Sonic-Unleashed

I liked Sonic 06...

...at least the Silver levels. They didn't have many issues.

There is a possibility that this is both the third exclusive game and multiplatform. None of us have read the contract and know what kind of exclusivity deal was struck (out right, timed or content).

Or it could be that Nintendo planned to announce it recently and misplaced their calendar again.

It stands to reason that Nintendo would be the one to announce it. Yes, it could be this game, but it could just as easily, if not more likely, be another.

Lost World is one of the worst games I've played in a long time. #WeDisagree

Lost World is one of the worst games I've played in a long time. #WeDisagree

It's alright. It's ok for you to be wrong sometimes ;)

But really, that game is painfully misunderstood. To be fair though it is SEGA's own fault as the game does a terrible job of explaining it's mechanics and how they work...

Edited by Dcubed

It stands to reason that Nintendo would be the one to announce it. Yes, it could be this game, but it could just as easily, if not more likely, be another.

Yes. Thanks for repeating :p

You don't have a wii u do you? Have you played it?!

No I havent, but I wouldnt have bought it even if I still had my Wii U as I never liked the look of it.

No I havent, but I wouldnt have bought it even if I still had my Wii U as I never liked the look of it.

Okay, but that doesn't give you a right to say disagree with someone who says the game is very good. You've never played it.

It's not as good as Colours or Generations, but it's still a really good game.

Okay, but that doesn't give you a right to say disagree with someone who says the game is very good. You've never played it.

Such a weird thing to moan about...especially since as I mentioned, that wasnt even the point of my post. I didnt argue with @Dcubed or actually belittle his opinion, I just posted my own based on my own observations which had been backed by some reviews and other people and I will continue to do so.

Such a weird thing to moan about...especially since as I mentioned, that wasnt even the point of my post. I didnt argue with @Dcubed or actually belittle his opinion, I just posted my own based on my own observations which had been backed by some reviews and other people and I will continue to do so.

Okay, so Dcubed said it's better than colours and generations and you say you disagree... about a game you haven't played... and think it's fine to have these kind of opinions?! Fine. Keep going...

Okay, so Dcubed said it's better than colours and generations and you say you disagree... about a game you haven't played... and think it's fine to have these kind of opinions?! Fine. Keep going...

WHAT DOES IT MATTER?

Sonic Colours/Generations/Lost World were all good...

...but none have ever touched the quality of the original games.

[/discussion] ::shrug:

There really isn't anything more to say than that. :hmm:

As for the next Sonic game, I'll be very interested to see what route this one takes, especially as it's a multi-format release.

Personally I'll be hoping for a brand new 2D/3D Sonic game which harks back to the original Megadrive era...

...what we'll probably get is Sonic Heroes 2.* :wink:

*Actually 'sort of want' in a weird way

Come on @dazzybee that's like saying you can't form opinions on what looks like a bad game to you. Like saying you can't say some wannabe Mario platformer is worse than Galaxy because you haven't played it.

I haven't played Sonic Lost Worlds and wouldn't buy it for the same reason, because I don't think it looks very good. Where as I bought Colours because it did look good and therefore I consider it to be a better Sonic game.