NEurope
Serebii

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Introducing Sticks

ikyAjTn.jpg

In advance of the highly-anticipated launch of Sonic Boom, the newest branch of the Sonic the Hedgehog universe announced earlier this year, SEGA is pleased to unveil Sticks, a brand-new character that will play an integral role across all Sonic Boom platforms. Sticks, a jungle badger who has spent most of her life living alone in the wilderness, will appear in the Sonic Boom TV series, Wii U and Nintendo 3DS video games, and merchandise, forming a common thread across all iterations of the new Sonic Boom world. Sticks joins Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy to form the core ensemble featured throughout the Sonic Boom franchise.

“Sticks is a significant addition to the Sonic Boom universe and the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise,” said Hiroyuki Miyazaki, Chief Content Officer for the Sonic Brand, SEGA of America. “She brings a quirky personality and perspective to the team dynamic, and we look forward to sharing this energetic and funny new character with the world.”

Sticks is new to Sonic’s circle of friends– actually new to friends in general– and as the most primal character in the Sonic universe, she is a force of nature in every way. Sticks is wilder than the other members of Sonic’s team with unparalleled animal instincts and extremely sharp survival skills. She’s a fearsome combatant and a tenacious hunter who’s armed with handmade weapons at all times, most notably a handmade boomerang that she keeps in tow.

Her wildness means that her social skills need plenty of work and she’s not the most trusting individual. Full of outrageous suspicions, Sticks’ instincts often prove to be accurate. While the concepts of sharing, compassion and friendship are foreign to her, Sticks has a good heart and a genuine desire to get closer to her new friends, particularly Amy, who helps Sticks adapt to civilization. Sticks and Amy quickly become best friends, with Sticks willing to go to extremes to protect her new pal, a quality that will play out through new Sonic Boom content. Her eccentric character adds an endless amount of humor and surprise to the Sonic team.

http://blogs.sega.com/2014/05/29/introducing-sticks-to-the-sonic-boom-franchise/

I hate Sonic's friends so much. Say what you want, this all started with Tails. It's been downhill since there.

Got leaked ages ago, but whatever.

Pretty sure they said they wouldn't introduce a new character in a OMN interview, will have to check that. :p

Bad subtitles ahoy!

The Wii U game will be called Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

The 3DS game will be called Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal

Who is Lyric? He's this guy:

k9bswZo.jpg

Details and screenshots

Wii U version reminds me a bit too much of Sonic Unleashed and the Werehog. I really like the what I've heard of the comedy so I'm a little bit torn at the moment.

3DS version does look interesting though.

I hate to say it but in all likelihood this game is going to be disappointing.

Actually I think this game breaks the cycle in that it just looks a bit shit from the outset.

And it still annoys me when everyone else can keep up with Sonic.

Wii U version reminds me a bit too much of Sonic Unleashed and the Werehog. I really like the what I've heard of the comedy so I'm a little bit torn at the moment.

I don't think the Warehog sections were that bad. It was just an average fighting game. The main problem was that it didn't fit the game.

And it still annoys me when everyone else can keep up with Sonic.

Even after 22 years of that happening?

I'll wait until I've seen and heard more about the game before judging. I enjoyed Sonic Unleashed ( both Wii and 360 versions ), Colors, Generations and Lost World. Clearly I'm easily pleased when it comes to Sonic games. :D

I'll wait until I've seen and heard more about the game before judging. I enjoyed Sonic Unleashed ( both Wii and 360 versions ), Colors, Generations and Lost World. Clearly I'm easily pleased when it comes to Sonic games. :D

I'm the same. Hell, I enjoyed Sonic '06.

Well, the Silver levels anyway, and the Sonic ones when the frame rate wasn't acting up.

I don't think the Warehog sections were that bad. It was just an average fighting game. The main problem was that it didn't fit the game.

I didn't think it was too bad either, I could take it as long as it didn't drag on too long but some of the later levels did. I think if they improved it somehow it could have been fun so I'm hoping they have in Boom. Too early to say for sure but I'm not exactly holding my breath either.

Yeah this doesn't look good at all. Looks like a generic PS2 style hybrid platformer/beat em up...

A shame. I loved Sonic Lost World (the real version, the Wii U one of course ;) ), but this just looks awful and given the reception that game got, they'll probably just go back to the game-plays-itself style of Unleashed/Generations Modern Sonic style of play for the next mainline Sonic game too :(

Yeah this doesn't look good at all. Looks like a generic PS2 style hybrid platformer/beat em up...

A shame. I loved Sonic Lost World (the real version, the Wii U one of course ;) ), but this just looks awful and given the reception that game got, they'll probably just go back to the game-plays-itself style of Unleashed/Generations Modern Sonic style of play for the next mainline Sonic game too :(

This game is separate to the Sonic Team developed games remember.

This is a new studio being given the job of creating something new for Sonic in line with the new cartoon series,

Unpopular opinions time~

The 3DS version looks... well, not bad, but it does look rather boring. I'm way more interested in the Wii U version. I've never been much of a Sonic fan (though I've played many of the games), but I could see myself enjoying it. I'll keep it on my radar, at least.

This game is separate to the Sonic Team developed games remember.

This is a new studio being given the job of creating something new for Sonic in line with the new cartoon series,

Yeah I know, hence why I mentioned "mainline" Sonic game for the next one.

I want to see them continue to explore the SLW style of gameplay rather than see them go back to the Unleashed/Colours/Modern Generations style of play, but I don't see it happening :(

Lost World gets a lot of grief, but it's a decent 6/10, maybe an 7/10 after the lives patch and depending on how much you like Sonic. The last few bonus levels are definitely the best ones in the game and worth enduring the main story for in my opinion.

Boom looks like it could be really decent, but probably won't be the next epic Sonic adventure fans are desperate for.

I don't really care who this game is targeting. I'll at least rent it, can't be worse than Sonic 2006.

This post is so gonna bite me in the ass when we know more about the game next week.

I said I would not judge the game until I seen more of it and now I have.

Man, that looks bad. Like REALLY bad! Poor Sonic. :(