NEurope
Serebii

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

To me, this is Sonic..

SONIC07--article_image.jpg

Why must SEGA continuously make these horrendous design choices? ::shrug:

Someone on GAF posted this, apparently made several years back. How true it has become

j66C5mW.jpg

The trailer says it's set in an ancient planet so hopefully the designs are only for this game, kinda like what they did with Sonic Riders.

I wonder if the game will have online multiplayer like Ratchet & Clank All 4 One? Or will it be another Sonic Heroes?

The trailer says it's set in an ancient planet so hopefully the designs are only for this game, kinda like what they did with Sonic Riders.

It's a tie in with the new Anime/cartoon series so it'll probably be a self contained thing.

When I see Knuckles in that trailer all I can think of is this...

:laughing:

This is big news...shame it's all negative. Knuckles has been RUINED but the rest aren't too bad. Not keen on SONIC having blue arms though. The environment design/graphics look sublime IMO (Rare-esque) and the team have good credentials.

Could be a breakout hit with kids and being on a Nintendo console and Handheld is a coup for Nintendo.

EDIT: couldn't resist...

imagef0ubx.jpg

Edited by tapedeck

Don't worry folks, it's been confirmed that this is not replacing the original franchise!

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/02/sonic-boom-will-not-be-replacing-the-old-universe/

As for my opinion on this. I saw the designs and instantly dreaded how this was going. However, after watching the trailer for the game (which looks to have decent gameplay), and the trailer for the TV show (which also looks quite good), I'm kind of intrigued.

I admit the designs are weird, and Knuckles is a bit much of a beefcake now, but they could have been worse. They're just a bit odd, considering they've redesigned iconic characters. Also, the studio behind this are ex-Naughty Dog staff, so I have some hopes for the game...

what the hell has happenend to Knuckles? christ why? and whats with all the wrappings? are they all martial artist boxer mummies?

Sonic is too tall, still has one eye with two pupils, Knuckles is on roids...Tails and Amy are surprisingly okay...

ex naughty dog devs though...could be a good game

also never really noticed it as much before but when did sonic start running with his hands flopping around behind him? he used to run with clenched fists going forward in a running sort of motion.....now its like hes a drunk child going weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee as he runs

TL: Dr why not go back to the classic look from generations people liked?

I'm looking forward to that the new team can do - they seem to have some good talent, so this should be an interesting take on Sonic.

Also, the gameplay from that video does not look impressive. It reminds me of Sonic Adventure 2 which has not aged well at all.

Is it strange that this is the first ever Sonic game that has got my interest past "oh, looks nice, but feels average"?

I should tell you I have never played a Sonic game all the way through. I only tried a game on the Mega Drive as a kid at a friend's house. Other than that I played the demos of Generations on PS3, and Lost World on Wii U, and neither of those grabbed my attention.

The Sonic Boom Wii U trailer however, was interesting, and I look forward to seeing more.

Oh my god, Knuckles! They are ruining him so badly in this game! Why the fuck is he so tall and top heavy? I feel like writing an angry letter to SEGA about this. I think Sonic is alright and Tails and Amy look pretty good...But my god Knuckles, Why oh why!

Here's the Nintendo UK trailer

It's a bit concerning when Sonic and Knuckles tails shows between their legs at 0:25 and 0:47 :woops:

Sweet Jesus, that is some extraordinary Nightmare Fuel right there! :o

Can we go back to having this be the multiplatform Sonic title please! I don't want that 3rd exclusive anymore :shakehead