NEurope
Rummy

Would you buy DS titles on your Wii U VC?

Would you buy DS titles on your WiiU?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy DS titles on your WiiU?

• Yes, lots!
    • Maybe, depending what the titles are
    • Maybe, depending what the prices are
    • Maybe a few specific titles if they come to it
    • Lolnope.
    • What's a Wii U??

No. I dont see what the point of this is. Games from past hsndhelfs should only be on the 3DS VC. With NES and SNES games ok to be on both... Hopefully in the future with a buy on one system get on both at no extra cost.

But DS games on the WiiU .... Why?

Also think I read somewhere Mario 64 DS might be one of the first to come out.... the hell just give us the N64 original and a bunch of other N64 games too oh and Gamecube games too. These should take higher priorty than DS games on the WiiU VC

Can't think of many games I'd be massively interested in. That I couldn't buy and pop in my 3DS for a reasonable price.

I'd much rather see these N64 games we've been told are coming.

On the Wii U I can't see it looking good playing through the gamepad. On the 3DS I definitely wouldn't. I've already got an R4 for that.

Not a chance. Who ever asked for DS titles for Wii U anyway? They'd make perfect sense on 3DS though, just like GBA games. Why were they never released except for ambassadors?

I don't see the need to get DS games for the WiiU, i mean you can buy a DS cart and they would work on the 3DS. And you could probably get one for cheaper than Nintendo would charge to download it to the WiiU.

It's pointless, i've always believed that the 2 Virtual Consoles should be separate. Why are DS games coming to the WiiU, should be able to download them via the 3DS library. It suits the console (as it has 2 screens). How are they going to do this, use the tablet for the touch screen and a TV for the play screen. May look horrible.

I have this feeling it's just going to be for a very select amount of titles (the blue ocean titles) that use the DS sideways. Like brain training, math training etc etc. (The touch! Generations titles, I think those games were branded with something like that)

Edited by M_rock

I would only buy them on Wii U if it was possible to copy them over to the 3DS and play them on there... I seriously don't understand the point of releasing DS games on the Wii U. Likewise with Nintendo having some NES games available on 3DS but not on Wii U, they need to sort themselves out and make it so you only have to pay for Virtual Console games once to be able to play them on both systems, at least then it would justify them charging £5 or whatever it is for NES games.

DS on the Wii U... why?

Do the obvious thing and start looking into implementing GC games on the Wii U, sheesh.

Can't think of any DS game I'd want to play on my Wii U. Anything I missed I'd rather just buy off eBay for my 3DS.

DS on the Wii U... why?

Do the obvious thing and start looking into implementing GC games on the Wii U, sheesh.

Unfortunately I doubt they will in the same way that I doubt they'll put DS games on the 3DS.

Both the Wii U and the 3DS are perfectly capable of running the games via hardware but when they do they effectively go into GCN/DS mode so none of the consoles features work.

Nintendo seems to think that matters to the people using the devices. I know it wouldn't bother me!

Unfortunately I doubt they will in the same way that I doubt they'll put DS games on the 3DS.

Both the Wii U and the 3DS are perfectly capable of running the games via hardware but when they do they effectively go into GCN/DS mode so none of the consoles features work.

Nintendo seems to think that matters to the people using the devices. I know it wouldn't bother me!

Erm... the wii u can't play gamecube games...

Erm... the wii u can't play gamecube games...

Hardware wise, it can. Though the disc drive can't accept the discs and if it could, there are no ports for Gamecube controllers.

Not sure how much I'm allowed to say on the matter but homebrew can help you get around those two barriers.

Hardware wise, it can. Though the disc drive can't accept the discs and if it could, there are no ports for Gamecube controllers.

Not sure how much I'm allowed to say on the matter but homebrew can help you get around those two barriers.

You've said enough :) Never knew that!!!