NEurope
Murr

Formula 1 2014

Fascinating qualifying session today guys! I'm slightly nervous about the run down to T1 tomorrow though....

Quali was great!

I think Vettel will get a bad start and Nando will jump him (I'd wish for Kimi too, but that may be too much to ask).

Lewis will be gunning to get Nico off the line badly. He is SO hungry after all #PleaseSirCanIHaveSomeMore

Dunno if you guys saw the lols during the GP2 race yesterday :D

This guy was damn ambitious!!... too ambitious...

and then this happened :p

I re-watched the GP2 race and it was fantastic! Also that overtake into the final corner....

AMAZING!

Mmm, not quite a thriller today but another tasty twist to the season, looks like they'll be plenty of hijinks to enjoy after all. Also top marks for Bianci and Marussia's first points, about time.

Not an amazing race, i've always enjoyed the Monte Carlo GP but this one was lacking. Well done on Marussia in getting their first ever points, they looked like they actually won the World Title. Well deserved i believe.

And, as much as i like Hamilton as a driver, he needs to grow up a little.

Well done Rosberg :) The smile on my face just kept getting bigger as the weekend went on.

Vettel retiring, Hamilton crying... Beautiful stuff.

Oh yeah, when i saw Vettel retire, i presented him with my "number 1" finger.

And it wasn't the index finger i might add :)

Gutted for Kimi, he had a monster start to jump to 3rd place and then it all went to shit during the first safety car. I was disappointed at Hamilton's attitude all weekend. He needs to accept mistakes will happen and things will go Rosbergs way sometimes too. Congrats Marussia, I think they might have 11th place in the constructors wrapped up.

So excited for this race! Anyone else watching?

Interesting that Vettel is 30kph slower on the straights (before DRS) than the Williams guys..wouldn't it be amazing if we see Massa or Bottas on the podium? :)

Indeed, watching with Sky Sports most excellent coverage. Got lap timers and track positions of all racers. Marussia, unbelievable. Sorry to say it's a retirement for Chilton.

Saw this via Twitter, had to post it.

10300437_541153909327034_5542362271995374702_n.jpg

It's a good race so far, long way to go.

That was an absolutely incredible race. Easily one of the best I've watched. That crash right at the end looked awful, it's simply amazing how well the chassis' takes the hit and completely protects the drivers.

First win for Ricciardo, Rosberg getting big points over Hamilton, if only Massa had managed to get the 3rd place instead of Vettel and it would have been a perfect weekend. Brilliant result for Button in the end too in 4th, weirdly it takes McLaren ahead of Williams despite how much better the Williams were looking this weekend. He quietly got on with it while we were so busy watching the guys at the front, overtaking Hulkenberg and Bottas unnoticed.

They should restrict the ERS from the leader at every race! The whole field was so close right to the end, I think only the Sauber got lapped and the rest were within what, 30s total? Did I see that right?

Those last 20 laps were insane. Utterly gutted for both Hamilton and Massa but well deserved by Ricciardo. The Mercs aren't bullet proof after all.

Well done to Daniel Ricciardo for his first major Grand Prix win of the season. Here's hoping many more come his way.

What a race, what a result as i mentioned. Thank goodness both Massa and Perez seemed ok after that horrific crash on the final lap, Vettel was damn lucky to not get taken out by either car (shame). Nice 4th place for Button, just quietly taking 2 spots without anyone noticing.

Rosberg, how he wasn't given a penalty for his corner cutting and full throttle to gain a lead i have no idea.

SO much drama in the last 30 laps! When I saw BOTH Merc's have issues I really thought Massa or Perez would win it.

So incredible.

That was an absolutely insane Grand Prix, so much Drama, and tension you could cut with a butter knife! No one could've ever predicted that outcome, but Daniel Ricciardo definitely deserved that win, really happy for him. The Canadian Grand Prix is never a let-down!. :)

Did you hear that Perez has been blamed for the incident and has been hit with a grid penalty? When I was watching it, including the replays, I was like omg Massa what have you done? :s

Great race though :)

Did you hear that Perez has been blamed for the incident and has been hit with a grid penalty? When I was watching it, including the replays, I was like omg Massa what have you done? :s

Great race though :)

Yeah apparently he moved in the braking zone. Even I was like 'MASSA WHAT ARE YOU DOING' lol.

If Massa could have taken Vettel he may have won that race. He always struggles to overtake.

A Williams front row and I'm gonna be stuck at work. :(

Best avoid the internet like the plague tomorrow till I watch it.

Great race today, lovely little circuit. Good result for Hamilton, that could've gone wrong in so many ways but he's kept Rosberg in touch. A pair of good results over him and he'll be back in the fight. Great day for Williams as well obviously.

Austria certainly has a nice circuit for F1, i don't know why it's been 11 years since the last one. I was watching it via Sky's F1 channel (coverage is great), was glancing at the twitter feed and could see a trend occuring concerning Hamilton's pit stops taking 1 second longer than Rosbergs, some of the comments were directed towards the team.

It would seem Vettel is getting the Mark Webber treatment this year with his car issues, lost power on 2nd lap and was a lap behind everyone else. I reckon Mark Webber himself was having a little snigger at Vettels misfortunes of late.

But again, a nice 1-2 for Mercedes. I was expecting Williams (more-so Massa) to win this GP, but alas not to be.

Silverstoneeee! Man, I love this track :) Turn 1 is literally mighty and everything from Luffield onwards is amazing.

Poor Susie :(

Bitterly disappointed that Susie didn't get more track time, through no fault of hers as well. Here's hoping things go better at Hockenheim.

So, whom watched the Silverstone GP then?

My thoughts

First lap incident with Raikonnen and Massa

Br3Bi6KCcAAGog3.jpg:large

Luckily, he walked away from that. But they measured the impact at 45g's, the medical light comes on at 25g's. Very lucky to walk away, someone put a picture up of the nose afterwards.

Br3KkHACAAANr7i.jpg

Massa had to retire, shame. But the damage caused to the barrier caused the race to stop for about an hour whilst it was being fixed. Hamilton had a good start, and they managed to restart the race so no-one lost positions.

Then, there was this between Gutierrez and Maldonado later in the race, a bit of payback i believe.

Br3qT6HCMAAo-wr.jpg

The squabble between Alonso and Vettel for 5th and 6th was brilliant, i do wish Vettel would simply be quiet at times. His complaints were interesting, but the commentators saw no issues at all.

Nice race for Hamilton, unlucky for Rosberg. I suppose this was an instance of Karma for him at times, but a nice win for Hamilton none the less.