NEurope
jayseven

What steam games am I supposed to buy?

Fallout 2

Fallout

Fallout Tactics

Note: These games are currently not available anywhere, but will be added to Steam at some point in the future.

Anyway, I started playing Papers, Please! recently and it's a cool little game.

Dunno if it has been mentioned, but keep your eyes peeled for new Humble Indie Bundles for Steam.

There's a lot of great stuff in those bundles at amazing prices.

Edited by Guy

I've added a fair chunk of the above-mentioned games to my wishlist, and I have a great library to be getting on with. Tonight I play Half Life and conduct a test to see how long my laptop lasts. Gonna buy me one of those cooler stand things, and a USB multi-adapter thing as I need to get my external hard-drive involed (along with a mouse, headset, and the cooling table thing, it's getting ridiculous).

What's your steam name @jayseven? There's four people named "jayseven" but I'm guessing you have been online within the last 24hrs and without having logged 200 hours into DOTA.

Are you suggesting I buy a Steam game at full price?

That doesn't even make sense.

I don't think he understands how Steam works.

though to log in I'm jayseven_NE but there ya go.

And what about your password?

Note: These games are currently not available anywhere, but will be added to Steam at some point in the future.

They're still listed on Steam, but they did use to be for sale.

I never knew of the whole Bethesda shoving a stick up their ass about this.

@Shorty

Gunpoint is one game you're doing yourself a disservice by not just buying it.

How long does it take to finish? I was actually put off at the end of the demo when it said something like "11 levels", considering I'd done 2-3 in the demo and it hadn't taken very long.

I'm not really a fan of RPGs, Strategy or FPS games. I like things like adventure point and clicks, The Cave, Trine, LIMBO and on iOS The Room, Galaxy on Fire, EDGE, Machinarium.

Any suggestions guys? I've already purchased Fez and Broken Age.

Point and Clicks?

Then... The Walking Dead, Back to the Future, Sam and Max, The Wolf Among Us, Tales of Monkey Island.

Basically everything by Telltale.

I absolutely loved Papers, Please I've never played such an oppressive game but the way it tells it's story is something else. Easily one of the best narrative experiences last year.

I've added a fair chunk of the above-mentioned games to my wishlist, and I have a great library to be getting on with. Tonight I play Half Life and conduct a test to see how long my laptop lasts. Gonna buy me one of those cooler stand things, and a USB multi-adapter thing as I need to get my external hard-drive involed (along with a mouse, headset, and the cooling table thing, it's getting ridiculous).

I've be interested to know how well that works....been considering one for a while as my laptop has the fan on the bottom and get super hot (hey theres a game to keep an eye out for Super Hot)

I'm not really a fan of RPGs, Strategy or FPS games. I like things like adventure point and clicks, The Cave, Trine, LIMBO and on iOS The Room, Galaxy on Fire, EDGE, Machinarium.

Any suggestions guys? I've already purchased Fez and Broken Age.

Anything Telltale before Jurassic Park. The Walking Dead is great, but doesn't really feel like a point & click game. It's more like the Fahrenheit/Heavy Rain style.

adventure point and clicks

Try to check out some games from Daedalic. They really feel like old-school LucasArts point&clicks.

I think platformers are more my thing to be honest, but adventure/action ones if that makes sense. Trine, the Cave etc... Not really into scary games unless it's things like Limbo. Thanks guys though, will check all that out. Sam and Max looks fun. Really looking forward to Broken Age though.

@flameboy many thanks for the games :D

I didn't order teh stand in the end (amazon cuntish stuff that I've mentioned in another thread; I had a voucher that they expired.. long story)

Generally I always thought that I knew what game I preferred... but generally if a game is highly rated it'll be a great experience. The main issue will be, of course, how the newb is dealt with. FTL is a very straightforward game to play, but a difficult one to master. There aren't loads of menus and rules to read before you play, and you can definitely learn from your mistakes. @Ronnie I think it's a mistake to think limbo is not a platformer but is a scary game. It's not trying to be amnesia or descent - it's just providing a really sweet take on an old formula (playforming) and well worth the experience.

I just downloaded Loom, a point and click game... it has a fantastic atmosphere and really creates an imaginative world. It's still hard as fuck, but true to the old school mechanics. Got Sam and Max and BTTF and Walking Dead on wishlists though!

Gunpoint is on offer at £3.49 - see, didn't have to wait long :D Going to play that on my lunchbreak...