NEurope
Mokong

Interesting Stuff Thread

Thought we could do with a new "Stuff Thread" to sit alongside "Funny" and "Awesome"

This for things that aren't quite "Funny" and not entirely "Awesome" but that you find "Interesting"

So I shall start I guess.

A news report about the interent from 1981

How far we've come haha, imagine 2 hours to download a newspaper...and it doesn't even include pictures :heh: 5 dollars an hour! And look at that Dial-Up!

Getting your daily news online... fancy that! :p

http://pando.com/2014/01/23/the-techtopus-how-silicon-valleys-most-celebrated-ceos-conspired-to-drive-down-100000-tech-engineers-wages/

In early 2005, as demand for Silicon Valley engineers began booming, Apple’s Steve Jobs sealed a secret and illegal pact with Google’s Eric Schmidt to artificially push their workers wages lower by agreeing not to recruit each other’s employees, sharing wage scale information, and punishing violators.

Later that year, Schmidt instructed his Sr VP for Business Operation Shona Brown to keep the pact a secret and only share information “verbally, since I don’t want to create a paper trail over which we can be sued later."

In the event of an e-catastrophe, 7 people in our world hold the keys to the Internet. At least 5 of the 7 members of the fellowship chosen keybearers must journey to Mordor a secret base in USA to cast the keys into Mount Doom effectively rectify and restart the Internet.

18mr0qmdu1rm0jpg.jpg

But they were all of them deceived, for another card was made....

This shit needs a South Park LOTR crossover.

damn that is insane.

Paypal needs to be firing someone for giving out the guys last 4 card digits over the phone and GoDaddy prolly needs to be investigated over bad practice for using those 4 digits as means of identification.

But also... why the hell would @N be worth 50,000? and why didn't the guy sell it already :heh: unless maybe he thought he could get a hgher offer?

I also just checked twitter... all single letter usernames are already taken... :heh:

This is a vid someone captures near the beach in my hometown today.... becareful near the sea when it is rough! you never know when it will try to bite!

oddly though when I first saw this my original thought was "damn I wish I recorded that, it'll prolly do a few thousand youtube views" :heh: