NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy

The first three games in Capcom's Ace Attorney series will be re-released on 3DS in Japan.

Phoenix Wright, Justice for All, and Trials & Tribulations are being converted into stereoscopic 3D for their relaunch, Japanese magazine Famitsu has revealed (thanks, Gematsu).

Capcom's courtroom investigation games originally launched on Game Boy Advance, before moving to DS. PC, WiiWare and iOS ports have also been released.

The trilogy pack will launch on 17th April in Japan for 3990 yen (about £23). We've asked Capcom if it has any plans for a European launch.

Dual Destinies, the fifth game in the series, arrived in Europe last October to a positive reception. Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, a crossover adventure with Level-5's Layton series, arrives here on 28th March.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-22-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-trilogy-getting-3ds-launch-in-japan

Really hope this gets a release over here. Phoenix Wright is one of those series I would buy all over again without a second thought.

Edited by -Dem0-

I wouldn't buy it if it got released here as I own the trilogy on DS and recently purchased the iOS HD versions, but this is pretty neat and a great way to get into the franchise if you're a newbie.

But yeah, no triple dip for me :heh:

Just the excuse I need to replay them. ;)

Japanese version will include the English script so I could just get it from the eShop if they don't localise it.

Well that's a nice surprise :) I'm sure we'll be getting it as well, probably eShop only, given that it already has the English script selectable (meaning that the only costs involved would be the English/FIGS manual and the PEGI rating - and that's peanuts really).

Of course I'm much more interested in the potential for a follow up collection that includes Apollo Justice and AAI 1 & 2. Given the name of this collection in Japan (Ace Attorney 1,2,3: Phoenix Wright Collection), I'm feeling pretty good about the chances for an Apollo & Edgeworth collection :D

Edited by Dcubed

I'd buy this, only ever bought the first game on DS so a localisation of this would be good!

One of my favourite gaming series, and I was impressed with how the 3D was used in Dual Destinies. It's been a while since I played them, this will be hard to turn down. Bring it over here Capcom!

I'm due for a community scolding over this one, but I could never get through the second game. I got to the circus level and it suddenly degenerated into this immensely boring process. It became clear that I was in this point and click with about 100 possible avenues to select but only one that actually progressed the story, and in only one possible direction.

At that point I just became disillusioned, that's not fun at all.

njwmB4a.jpg

The sprites look good, much better than the horrific mess that was "Ace Attoney Trilogy HD" on iOS!

Phoenix%20Wright%20HD%20-%20iOS%204.jpg

Ugh! Well at least ol' Judgipoo will be done justice on 3DS! :D

Edited by Dcubed

I'm due for a community scolding over this one, but I could never get through the second game.

You're in for a community scolding?

:blank:

*deep breath*

I have NEVER played a Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney title... ever... in my life-time. :hmm:

*exhales*

Ah I feel much better now getting that off my chest... :hehe:

...now where's a good place to hide? :p

The 2nd game is regarded as the worst in the series so it doesn't really surprise me that you'd stop playing that one. You should try the 3rd one out anyway cause that one is amazing.

I'd love to buy this since Capcom are stupid and won't release the trilogy on Android even though there's a Japanese Android version and a translated iOS version... Hopefully it wouldn't cost too much. I think £15 would be the perfect price :D

This needs to happen! I'm so excited and I can't even play it! Just the fact that it looks beautiful and that it exists makes me happy. For my life to be complete, it just needs to be released here! I'm praying to any God or any deity (right word?) out there to make this shit happen!

I'm playing through the DS games right now (just about to finish the third case in Justice for All), but sure, I'll buy this!

Well, I always feel that I have to support Ace Attorney releases, if only to improve the chances of finally seeing AAI2 released in the west... :P

Actually, they should give us a second trilogy compilation with Apollo Justice and the two Investigations games! Come on, Capcom! It'd be perfect! Right...?

These games have been released in so many forms..

-GBA Originals

-DS remakes

-HD iOS versions.

-Wii eShop versions.

-Regular iOS version (think this is just for the first game).

-3DS versions.

Somewhere, there's someone that owns all of those copies...

You're in for a community scolding?

:blank:

*deep breath*

I have NEVER played a Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney title... ever... in my life-time. :hmm:

*exhales*

Ah I feel much better now getting that off my chest... :hehe:

...now where's a good place to hide? :p

Same here, I would love too though, but I never really got around to it.

This trilogy has been noted on the ol' backlog list.

I would rather they release the games on Android.. hell they've already done it in Japan but not here :mad: Suppose I'll get the 3DS version if they have a sale on it

Sign in to follow this