NEurope
RedShell

Release Dates 2014 thread

I see Bayonetta 2 has an October release date but wikipedia hasn't given a definite date...why is that? Is there a firm set-in-stone date for the game?
There's no finalised date for Bayonetta 2 yet as far as I'm aware, although I'm pretty sure it will make the planned October release.

Guessing it'll end up being the 31st, to tie-in with Halloween. ;)

But yeah, I don't bother adding any games to the list in the first post until they have a full release date, less faffing about that way. :hehe:

There's no finalised date for Bayonetta 2 yet as far as I'm aware, although I'm pretty sure it will make the planned October release.

Guessing it'll end up being the 31st, to tie-in with Halloween. ;)

But yeah, I don't bother adding any games to the list in the first post until they have a full release date, less faffing about that way. :hehe:

Oh aye, I know you wouldn't add it until the date was there, I was just surprised that there isn't a full date for eet yet. Halloween does seem likely though, aha.

Taking the releases for this Thursday into account, there will have been 172 games released so far this year for Wii U and 3DS.

What's interesting though (if my calculations are correct :heh:) is that it's a perfect split! 86 on Wii U, 86 on 3DS. :hehe:

Some stats, for anyone that cares: :geek:

Wii U = 11 (6%)

3DS = 23 (13%)

Wii U eShop = 38 (22%)

3DS eShop = 46 (27%)

Wii U VC = 37 (22%)

3DS VC = 17 (10%)

Wii U = 86 (50%)

3DS = 86 (50%)

Retail = 34 (20%)

Digital = 138 (80%)

eShop = 84 (61%)

VC = 54 (39%)

Total = 172

The difference between retail and digital is pretty nuts too, the days of physical media are surely coming to an end... :sad:

Taking the releases for this Thursday into account, there will have been 172 games released so far this year for Wii U and 3DS.

What's interesting though (if my calculations are correct :heh:) is that it's a perfect split! 86 on Wii U, 86 on 3DS. :hehe:

Some stats, for anyone that cares: :geek:

Wii U = 11 (6%)

3DS = 23 (13%)

Wii U eShop = 38 (22%)

3DS eShop = 46 (27%)

Wii U VC = 37 (22%)

3DS VC = 17 (10%)

Wii U = 86 (50%)

3DS = 86 (50%)

Retail = 34 (20%)

Digital = 138 (80%)

eShop = 84 (61%)

VC = 54 (39%)

Total = 172

The difference between retail and digital is pretty nuts too, the days of physical media are surely coming to an end... :sad:

I wouldn't say that just yet. If you look at Wii U, 12% of their releases are retail. The rest are all either VC or eShop. I'd put that down to there being no 3rd party support, scant 1st party releases and a reliance on indie developers with a smattering of VC games. If Wii U was doing well it wouldn't be anywhere near 12%.

Updated the drought indicator on the first post. :grin:

Check out what Reggie gets up to when there aren't any video games available. :heh:

Just speculation on my part (based on some information that I'm not at liberty to divulge :woops:) but it looks like Nintendo may have gone and done that incredibly annoying thing again where they release two high profile games on the same day... :indeed:

Hopefully not, but we shall see.

Man, I wish the next Nintendo Direct would hurry up already. :hehe:

Just speculation on my part (based on some information that I'm not at liberty to divulge :woops:) but it looks like Nintendo may have gone and done that incredibly annoying thing again where they release two high profile games on the same day... :indeed:

Hopefully not, but we shall see.

Man, I wish the next Nintendo Direct would hurry up already. :hehe:

I assume it's a 3DS game and a Wii U one. Pokemon and Smash Bros U.

I assume it's a 3DS game and a Wii U one.
Unfortunately not, as that would be slightly less annoying. :woops:

Anyway, that's all I'm saying... :hehe:

Shouldn't be too long before we find out though. :)

Unfortunately not, as that would be slightly less annoying. :woops:

Anyway, that's all I'm saying... :hehe:

Shouldn't be too long before we find out though. :)

Dunno what else it could be. I mean we have 3 big retail titles on Wii U ( Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros ) and then the only big 3DS titles I can think of is Pokemon, Smash and to a lesser extent Fantasy Life.

Hmmmm...Smash 3DS is 3rd October and Bayonetta was hinted to drop in October. I'll go with that. :D

So will we be adding the Mario Kart dlc to this list?

It's something else to look forward to at least. : peace:

So will we be adding the Mario Kart dlc to this list?

It's something else to look forward to at least. : peace:

Do we have an actual date for the first pack, of is it just sometime in November? :hmm:

I tend not to add stuff until it it has a full, finalised release date.

Also, it would mess with my stats (as it's not actually a game :heh:) but if/when we have a confirmed date I'll add it to the list anyway, and then just delete it once the date has passed. ;)

: peace:

The rest of the years release dates have been announced. I say dates but some of them just still only have the month.

Here

The rest of the years release dates have been announced. I say dates but some of them just still only have the month.

Here

3DS Home Menu skins are additional purchases?

Lame!

From what I can remember, some of the Home Menu skins will be free, some will be purchasable and some will be unlocked if you own the related game. Not sure if they ever went into more detail...