NEurope
Retro_Link

Alien: Isolation

now that right there is what i'm talking about! the Alien was meant to be this otherworldly super predator, the peak of evolution devoid of emotion, driven by primal instincts but highly intelligent

I love the idea of this

:shakehead

Never watched an Alien movie, never played an Alien game and I shit myself whenever I play a horror game.

So what will I do?

I will buy Alien: Isolation.

:shakehead

Never watched an Alien movie, never played an Alien game and I shit myself whenever I play a horror game.

So what will I do?

I will buy Alien: Isolation.

And some man size nappies!

Looks the same as all the other "all you can do is run and hide" type of games. I hate those games because all I'm ever thinking is "if that were me, I'd be grabbing that pipe/brick/stick for at least a little bit of protection"

Pass.

Bah if you had a Xeno towering over you, you'd be huddled in a corner with shit running down ya leg and you know it :P

Great stuff.

Still, Dog-amoto has a point, some people would just pick up a pipe or whatever and fight no matter how stupid it would be. Fight or flight response...Anyway, I'm not interested in this either. I hate games where you are totally helpless and constantly running away, it's like you're playing a nightmare...

Not sure if serious. Have you people seen the movies? In the third film, there were prisoners who had access to knives and pipes and shit. They pretty much all died. (against ONE Alien) The only weapons that would work would have to be firearms. Ripley only survived the first film because she ejected the fucker into space. If you're one vs. one with this thing, you are going to get mauled, regardless of fight/flight response.

Game looks awesome. If the PS3 version is awesome, that means I'll be getting one of those. If not and it turns out you HAVE to go next/current-gen or this, then...just maybe a PS4. Please don't fuck this game up.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Great stuff.

Still, Dog-amoto has a point, some people would just pick up a pipe or whatever and fight no matter how stupid it would be. Fight or flight response...Anyway, I'm not interested in this either. I hate games where you are totally helpless and constantly running away, it's like you're playing a nightmare...

They could have you pick up a pipe in the game for peace of mind, but it would work for nothing more than throwing to make a noise at a distance, and Ripley's daughter knows that. If anything it slows you down and adds to the danger of making unwanted noises.

Sure, I'm not contesting that. I just find these types of games where you can't really do anything but run and hide really boring and annoying...

my heart was racing just watching that......

I'm gonna need 12 changes of underwear for the game i think

Sure, I'm not contesting that. I just find these types of games where you can't really do anything but run and hide really boring and annoying...

True, you either feel engrossed by it or are turned off. For me, as a huge fan of the films (notably the first), this is a dream. You're being stalked around a ship by a fucking Xenomorph. Soundtrack from the original film. Sound effects, lighting...aaahhhh.

Yeah, I like more action like in Colonial Marines. Still, the game does look pretty nice, hope it turns out good for you guys!

Yeah, I like more action like in Colonial Marines. Still, the game does look pretty nice, hope it turns out good for you guys!

Colonial Marines was a brilliant idea because it's more focused on recreating the atmosphere from the second in the series; Aliens. This is focusing on Alien. Both games are trying to do different things, so I love the fact that you can have one series of themes, settings, characters etc but two completely different outcomes. For me, it's a shame that Colonial Marines ultimately didn't live up to its promise, because the ideas behind it looked spot on.

I'm loving the attention to detail with the settings. For me, that's part of what I'm looking for in these sort of games. I want to feel there. The little touches like the soundtrack kicking in when you enter a room just make my hairs stand up.

I'm sure a pipe or a stick would keep you safe from that ¬¬

A brick would though. I could build a very small wall :heh:

You'll certainly be shitting them when you see the Alien! Then you can build as big a wall as you want.

I want to believe but I just can't let myself be hurt the same again.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I am curious as to how the rest of the game will go. We've just seen this level so, what happens and where do you go once you go out through the airlock?...

I liked seeing how they basically 'drop' the Alien into that level halfway through, and then it's just set loose.

You think they have bricks lying around in a space station?

Maybe they'd have them to weigh it down and stop it floating away...?