NEurope
Retro_Link

Alien: Isolation

So you're not as isolated as it seems apparently there are looters on the ship?

So you're not as isolated as it seems apparently there are looters on the ship?
I was wondering if they were Androids out to get you maybe? You do see an Android ripped in half during the gameplay we've seen.

I was wondering if they were Androids out to get you maybe? You do see an Android ripped in half during the gameplay we've seen.

Giantbomb talked about their being looters who you can interact with and shoot or not shoot. However the one big issue with interacting with them was it may draw the Alien to you!

There has to be more than just the Alien otherwise I could imagine the game becoming a bit too repetitive. There needs to be something else, so I'm fine with this so far.

Can't wait. I just want to freeze myself in time until the reviews come and pray that it doesn't suck big giant Xenoballs.

There has to be more than just the Alien otherwise I could imagine the game becoming a bit too repetitive. There needs to be something else, so I'm fine with this so far.

Can't wait. I just want to freeze myself in time until the reviews come and pray that it doesn't suck big giant Xenoballs.

Dunno the likes of Outcast and Amnesia were ok with one enemy for the most part.

Dunno the likes of Outcast and Amnesia were ok with one enemy for the most part.

If you look at the series in question (Alien), there were more dangerous elements than just the Alien itself. In the first film it was Ash, the android/robotic scientist. In the second, it was the company/Burke who tried to make money from impregnating Ripley and Newt with the facehuggers. In the third it was the dangerous prisoners. In Resurrection, the script and plot (aha).

So, it seems only fair to include some of those elements in this game, or a variation on it. I'm fine with that as long as the atmosphere doesn't become "tainted" and you suddenly have huge amounts of characters and weapons added.

If you look at the series in question (Alien), there were more dangerous elements than just the Alien itself. In the first film it was Ash, the android/robotic scientist. In the second, it was the company/Burke who tried to make money from impregnating Ripley and Newt with the facehuggers. In the third it was the dangerous prisoners. In Resurrection, the script and plot (aha).

So, it seems only fair to include some of those elements in this game, or a variation on it. I'm fine with that as long as the atmosphere doesn't become "tainted" and you suddenly have huge amounts of characters and weapons added.

Haha your resurrection joke got me! Anyway yes you are totally right the same could also be said for Prometheus as well with that same android issue (David I think?). You know what you've brought me round lets have those looters doing whatever as and when.

Not going to lie, I want to touch myself whilst playing this game.

Pretty sure I get a quart-erection when I visit this thread. Every time.

I'm really looking forward to see how the game turns out, but that video was painful to listen to. Those two just had no charisma, or energy... I had to turn it off, didn't want to listen to them, and they were awful at explaining things...

Here they go into more detail about the humans and the androids on the ship, and how you can approach situations, but they're still giving pretty much nothing away which is great.

Definitely a must have for me. Love the films and this looks very loyal. I do like how they've brought Amanda in. That scene in the Director's Cut of Aliens is heartbreaking.

And even if you had a stick, pipe or a brick, if you actually managed to hurt it you'd probably get burned beyond recognition by the Xenomorph's acidic blood. It's the "perfect organism".

And the looter's actually sound pretty good. That would happen in that universe and it makes it more like the films in that there's more people to die!

Ahhhhhh! Yep, I shall definitely be pre-ordering now as well.

If "select retailers" doesn't include ShopTo, I'll wait for a Steam sale.

Hopefully it will include them. It would be nice if there had been a mission with the cast where they explored the downed ship on LV426.

Trailer for the Pre order DLC

Looks like I'm pre ordering then, dat music gets me every time.

wait selected retailers? i might have to change my shopto preorder?

God damn i was so happy about this too!

Neat little interview with Sigourney Weaver in which she discusses returning to the role of Ellen Ripley in the upcoming Alien game, the franchise in general and Ripley's role as a feminist icon.

Jose's so in need of something to do at IGN Nintendo that he's doing other console stuff too...

Still seems to be impressing, and looking very nice indeed.

Edited by Retro_Link

spock_win.gif

Can somebody freeze me until October? K thnxbaiiiii.

I promised myself I wouldn't get excited, but...

excited-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-629.gif