NEurope
Jimbob

Uncle Phil's Dead

I think this should be both a memorial & Fresh Prince appreciation thread, in honour of his most famous role that brought us all so much pleasure.

R.I.P James Avery

:( (aka Uncle Phil)

May he live on forever in YouTube form!

: peace:

Other than TMNT and Fresh Prince I didn't know him for much, but sad days around this time I guess. RIP Uncle Shredder.

This loss makes me sadder than a lot of the others that have passed recently... :-(

On January 1st? Goddamn, he really held on just to see the new year, didn't he?

R.I.P. James Avery a.k.a. Uncle Phil, the Shredder

I am genuinely upset! I grew up watching Fresh Prince from Infant school through to even now and I'm pretty sure I'll be watching the show for the rest of my life.

R.I.P James Avery, you'll definitely be missed! :(

The first day of 2014 isnt even over and already my childhood has seen a casulty.... the year is ruined :(

RIP James Avery :cry:

On January 1st? Goddamn, he really held on just to see the new year, didn't he?

R.I.P. James Avery a.k.a. Uncle Phil, the Shredder

It was December 31st, but confirmed today.

rip

TMNT1987_Shredder.png

edit -

Never realised how cool this Shredder design is. And again RIP.

'I want to see Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince Of Bell Air dressed as Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles walking through the gates of heaven, high fiving Saint Peter.

Thank you Jim.

Invokal Poet MC'

Tribute request/fulfilled by Jim'll Paint it.

tumblr_myvqx5caNQ1s6ylubo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Rummy

Personally couldn't stand Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Most unfunny and overrated tosh I've ever seen. Until the Big Bang Theory came along anyway.

But loved TMNT.

RIP James Avery

Personally couldn't stand Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Most unfunny and overrated tosh I've ever seen. Until the Big Bang Theory came along anyway.

But loved TMNT.

RIP James Avery

Didn't find Fresh Prince Of Bel Air funny but foutnd The Big Bang Theory funny? How big was the explosion? Did your ears bleed much? That extra manure must be good for your garden. Bless you Uncle Phil.

He was also one of the guys who di the voice for War Machine in the first series of the Iron Man cartoon. I actually had no idea he did Shredder as well!

RIP.

Didn't find Fresh Prince Of Bel Air funny but foutnd The Big Bang Theory funny? How big was the explosion? Did your ears bleed much? That extra manure must be good for your garden. Bless you Uncle Phil.

I think he was saying that the Big Bang Theory was a bigger load of tosh :p

He was also one of the guys who di the voice for War Machine in the first series of the Iron Man cartoon. I actually had no idea he did Shredder as well!

RIP.

I knew and forgot about the War Machine voice! I didn't really like IronMan so much back when I was a kid, watched the cartoon but mostly just cos it was there lol. He didn't do Shredder's voice for the entirety of TMNT either.

Didn't find Fresh Prince Of Bel Air funny but foutnd The Big Bang Theory funny?

I'm pretty sure he said he didn't.

But even if he did, there are more respectful ways of disagreeing with someone, you know.

I think he was saying that the Big Bang Theory was a bigger load of tosh :p

I'm pretty sure he said he didn't.

But even if he did, there are more respectful ways of disagreeing with someone, you know.

Yes, and agreed. But it's Wii, so... :indeed:

RIP uncle Phil ,growing up watching the show I think we all learnt lessons from his wisdom and authority , I remember him from turtles too .

My favourite moment was when he played pool. 'Jeffry bring out Lucille'