NEurope
Beast

Weight Loss and Fitness 2014

My weight seems to have stuck in a rutt since joining the gym on Monday and eating the same :S

Anyone have any tips where I might be going wrong ?

This weeks exercise

Monday ----

Wii fit 30 min yoga morning , afternoon 8 mile cycle , evening 1 hour gym ( rowing machine, some light weight training , running ,

Tuesday -----

basketball match in the evening

Wednesday ----

Wii fit 30 min yoga morning , afternoon 8 mile cycle , evening 1 hour gym ( rowing machine, some light weight training , running ,

Thursday----

Friday -----

1 hour gym cardio only

Saturday

1 hour basketball

Eating about 1500 of super healthy food and a protein shake

A typical day for me

Breakfast porridge with blue berries and nuts and seeds , 1scoop protein shake , half a red grapefruit .

Cup of green tea

Lunch home made soup and an apple

Dinner jacket potato , lots of greens

Water melon and Greek yoghurt

And around 8pm I have an apple or pear and 1 scoop of protein

, I would have hoped I would have lost more than that I'm a bit gutted by my results after working so hard and sacrificing .

Edited by yesteryeargames

Could it be possible that you're underestimating how many calories you're eating? Also you've only been going for a week. Weigh yourself under the same conditions every single time as well, you shouldn't expect to lose more than half a kilo a week.

I know I never post here, but... just managed to lose 5 stone in 3 months. Feels good to be back in shape after a weird couple of years.

Well done oxigen

I have lost 1 stone since Boxing Day , but as I said the last week since joining the gym the weight has stayed the same this week for the first time . But I have upped my exercise from the previous 4 weeks.

I hit 88kg last week (funny to think a couple years ago my weight never budged much above 70kg). Now I'm torn, do I keep bulking or do I cut? I originally planned to start cutting at the end of this month but...kind of itching for more definition again.

Are you planning on a holiday in the summer? If so then start cutting and get your body fat down low enough to see all this definition when you get your top off.

I'm off on holiday in May. So I'm trying to work out the best point to cut. I was thinking two months of hardcore cutting would be fine. Guess my only hesitation is that I've never bulked up this big before (although I have bulked up this much, just from a lesser starting weight if you get me).

...also a little bored with bulking, maybe.

But I don't want to cut too soon because then I'll be plateauing before I start to bulk back up in autumn.

My weight seems to have stuck in a rutt since joining the gym on Monday and eating the same :S

Maybe you just weighed yourself at a bad time. I wouldn't fret over a single week. If you went 2-3 weeks without losing weight then there could be a problem.

Also perhaps you have gained some muscle, maybe on your legs from all that cycling and cardio. I'm assuming your goal is fat loss rather than specifically weight loss. Your weight is only a rough but decent guideline for fat loss, you may want to consider other ways to measure your progress aswell such as bodyfat percentage, measurements etc, even just you way you kook.

As Charlie said you might not know the exact amount of calories you're eating, or for that matter the calories you're expending, so it's not an exact science if you're using rough estimates, so the rate at which you lose weight may fluctuate as your calorie deficit does.

It's still early days, give it some more time and you'll know whether things are really working or not. You may even find you're doing too much, or the 'wrong' kind of cardio for your goals, but at this point it's probably too early to start tinkering with your workout routine until you have a better idea of the results what you're currently doing is getting you.

Edited by pratty

I'm off on holiday in May. So I'm trying to work out the best point to cut. I was thinking two months of hardcore cutting would be fine. Guess my only hesitation is that I've never bulked up this big before (although I have bulked up this much, just from a lesser starting weight if you get me).

...also a little bored with bulking, maybe.

But I don't want to cut too soon because then I'll be plateauing before I start to bulk back up in autumn.

Realistically you can expect to lose 0.5kg (~1 pound) a week when cutting. If you have 3 months so ~12 weeks you could expect to lose up to around 6kg without losing your muscle (if you're still lifting).

Work out what weight you want to be and do the maths to find out when to start. Obviously you can lose more or less depending how much you're eating.

Maybe I'll bring my cut forward a couple weeks. I think because I've been bulking while doing intermittent fasting I haven't put as much fat on as I normally would have with a bulk.

You got any idea what 'refeeds' are when you're cutting.

Maybe I'll bring my cut forward a couple weeks. I think because I've been bulking while doing intermittent fasting I haven't put as much fat on as I normally would have with a bulk.

You got any idea what 'refeeds' are when you're cutting.

Never heard of a refeed before. Is it similar to a cheat day but maybe just eating more of healthy calories?

Yeah, that sounds about right.do cheat days do anything other than let you eat what you want for a day?

I think they're basically a way so you don't go completely off the rails. You know you've got a day coming up where within reason you can have pretty much anything.

Holy shit, I was doing deadlifts today and for my final three sets I did 150kg at 5 reps.

I had to sit down after the last one. And the rest of the gym session was...lacklustre. Kind of hate that but yay for a deadlifting personal best.

Are there any supplements I should take to aid weight loss?

I am already on a super healthy diet , but anything vegetarian that can assist would be welcome to give me a boost?

I know I never post here, but... just managed to lose 5 stone in 3 months. Feels good to be back in shape after a weird couple of years.

...are you Jesus? o_O

Seriously, how?! Release a book! Tell me your secret!

I've been doing this for almost a year now and I've lost a little yet comparing photos from then to now, there's a change. I know my weight is going to fluctuate but still, I would have thought I'd have seen a little bit of a result...

...are you Jesus? o_O

Seriously, how?! Release a book! Tell me your secret!

I've been doing this for almost a year now and I've lost a little yet comparing photos from then to now, there's a change. I know my weight is going to fluctuate but still, I would have thought I'd have seen a little bit of a result...

Kept my daily calorie intake below 700.

Ran ~5 miles every day.

Did 100 pushups, 100 situps and 100 pull ups every day.

Skipped rope for about 30 mins daily.

Cycled ~50 miles 3 times a week.

Went swimming once a week.

My "secrets" were basically just eating extremely healthy and staying away from gyms (because I always end up excercising alot less in gyms than I do on the street).

I was 17.3 stone at the end of October and am currently 11.8, which is my ideal weight.

Are there any supplements I should take to aid weight loss?

I am already on a super healthy diet , but anything vegetarian that can assist would be welcome to give me a boost?

Drink more water, if you're not drinking enough already?

Drink more water, if you're not drinking enough already?

If your pee isn't clear then you're not drinking enough water!

I don't remember that book. Did Jesus have a weight problem?

No but he was light enough to walk on water, he knew how to keep the weight off. Plus he fed 5000 people with five loaves and two fishes, he clearly knew a thing about nutrition and making a few calories go far.

Edited by pratty

I'm a bit puzzled ,

Woke up went to the bathroom ,Then weighed myself , which has been my weekly consistent way to measure my weight loss since I started , turns out I have lost 6 pounds this week .

Had a cup of tea and a glass of water . Played wii fit for 30 mins

Then returned to weigh myself after I had put the 4lbs back on within the space of an hour .

Surely it can't be that much water wight gained ? From 500ml

Do other body changes happen with the space of the day apart from food and water intake that can add weight?