NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wesley

Oh my ****ing God

If moving bed sheets scare you then never watch the movie "Whistle and i'll come to you", or something like that.

Ah, i dont think i explained well. I walked into my room with no lights on and it looked as if some one was sitting on my bed, but turned out to be my bed sheets in a mess.

Hokay, first of all i want you to know that a ghost is an etheral form of a human being. Second of all, it cannot harm you, nor does it have psionic powers to throw stuff at you. Third of all, it is possible to communicate with it through emotions and intent. Respect it, and be friendly minded towards it, but dont let it scare yuo. There is nothing to fear but the unknown.

Personally i think ghosts are just... impossible. It might be the mind playing tricks on you, combined with optical tricks. You just see something from a weird angle with odd lighting on it and your mind kinda misinterprets or something.

I just don't believe in them. It's scientifically impossible and science is god!!!

It's scientifically impossible and science is god!!!

Wow welcome to Communist Police State number 54, picking ideas from the enlightenment that suited them since 1917.

Ive always thought ghosts were real even though I have not seen one myself, I think they are real because so many of my relatives have seen them. I'd s*** myself if i saw a ghost, I was scared reading ur post, if that happened to me id probly have a heart attack...seriously! Just the thought of something standing there staring is terrifying.

I've never believed in ghosts, or any other supernatural things. My view that it was just your mind playing tricks on you, as it goes against all scientifical evidence

I've never believed in ghosts, or any other supernatural things. My view that it was just your mind playing tricks on you, as it goes against all scientifical evidence

Really though, science cannot know everything. Our knowledge of the universe will continue to grow until the end of infinity, provided we survive that long. I don't think we can really say; "Science has proved utterly that ghosts do not exist. Fact." cause that is just narrow-minded and frankly stagnationist.

Like I said before, we're always learning new things and ghosts could quite easily be real.

I remain the skiptic, i think it's down to peoples fear causing it rather than gosts. With the light off in the hall it would have been dark, are you sure it wasn't just a shadow? and what sort of hat (out of intrest?).

But I've never been scared at the thought of ghosts, I've played those board games with the glass, etc. (I described it because I don't have a clue how to spell it)

The hat was a sort of truckers farmers hat, where it has a little flip at the front with fur and things hanging down over the ears. Which is quite interesting I'll come to this later.

That is correct.

Don't worry I wasn't expecitng everyone to believe me. I thought the exact same when my Mother saw a ghost.

Personally i think ghosts are just... impossible. It might be the mind playing tricks on you, combined with optical tricks. You just see something from a weird angle with odd lighting on it and your mind kinda misinterprets or something.

I just don't believe in them. It's scientifically impossible and science is god!!!

Both of you don't seem to understand this is something that science has yet to try and even explain. You say it's impossible because I said the word ghost, then suddenly you think, "oh dead people who are spirits" and all this. I don't really believe that these things are dead people's spirits, etc. Maybe there is a scientific explanation for it? I'm sure at the time people thought the idea of humans coming from monkies totally stupid with no scientific explanation at all. But then that thing called evolution pops up and people believe it.

So anyway, the hat thing: this house was built on an old farm (I forgot the name) which employed lots of middle aged guys. The kind of hat was something I would expect a farmer or trucker to wear. more interestingly my Mother has heard off things and seen some weird things but never told anyone because she didn't want to scare anyone.

Science cant explain how the universe began,so theres every chance that it cant explain if ghosts are real,im not catholic or anything but science also hasnt proved if god is real or not,scientists say no gods not real,but the world and galaxy is to perfect to be coincidence

Infrasound can cause people people to have unusual experiences even though they cannot consciously detect it. Common symptoms are feelings of anxiety, uneasiness, extreme sorrow, nervous feelings of revulsion or fear and chills down the spine, which can lead to the mind playing tricks.

So anyway, the hat thing: this house was built on an old farm (I forgot the name) which employed lots of middle aged guys. The kind of hat was something I would expect a farmer or trucker to wear. more interestingly my Mother has heard off things and seen some weird things but never told anyone because she didn't want to scare anyone.

You could look into census records and stuff, find out names and histories of the workers if you can. Did the guy appear old? If not why did he die? Loads of cool questions and investigations can be done.

Yeah I know it's really cool I wanna know more.

Science cant explain how the universe began,so theres every chance that it cant explain if ghosts are real,im not catholic or anything but science also hasnt proved if god is real or not,scientists say no gods not real,but the world and galaxy is to perfect to be coincidence

Don't say that; it isn't true. And it annoying when people pit science directly against religion because many religions do use science to help explain their beliefs and many scientist are working to prove that the universe could be creating by some divine force.

Both of you don't seem to understand this is something that science has yet to try and even explain. You say it's impossible because I said the word ghost, then suddenly you think, "oh dead people who are spirits" and all this. I don't really believe that these things are dead people's spirits, etc. Maybe there is a scientific explanation for it? I'm sure at the time people thought the idea of humans coming from monkies totally stupid with no scientific explanation at all. But then that thing called evolution pops up and people believe it.

I never said 'ghosts' are dead people. I never said science has proven there are no ghosts, all i'm saying is that scientifically ghosts are a very unlikely thing.

Like i said, many things we see and think are supernatural things are just the mind and optics playing tricks on us. Like people who think they saw a UFO because they saw some kind of light flying over them. I think there's a perfect explanation for it.

Also you say you don't believe ghosts are dead people's spirits but a couple of lines farther you suggest that the spirit might be from someone who was burried under your house or used to work there.

I'm not saying that ghosts are bullshit, i'm just saying 'or at least i think) that there's a perfect explanation for it.

Well it is very hard for science to explain something that isn't made of atoms, but is a spirit. The bible explanation of this, is that it has to be a demon. I guess that dosn't calm you down, but it won't hurt you unless you let it. So the best thing is to just ignore it ... :)

Often demons is found near things that has a relation to the spritual world. Like books with supernatural content. It's like they need someone to open the door or have a reason to be there ...

Well it is very hard for science to explain something that isn't made of atoms, but is a spirit. The bible explanation of this, is that it has to be demon. I guess that dosn't calm you down, but it won't hurt you unless you let it. So the best thing is to just ignore it ... :)

TBH the bible tells a lot of things that are supposed to interpreted not literarly or that are complete bullshit. Has the bible ever proven anything? You must also take into account who actually wrote and edit it.

You must also take into account who actually wrote and edit it.

What do you mean?

Yes it has proven many things, and in many ways science has proven that the bible is correct. But science says so many different things so i guess that someone else would say it has proven it wrong.

Yeah, but most of it is to be taken literarly. It's quite clear about demons and the whole spiritual world.

I have never seen a ghost (don't really want to either, would be so scared lol) but I have had a ghostly experience...

It was quite late and I went downstairs to the bathroom to clean my teeth and everyone else in the house was asleep, halthway through brushing I heard a soft 'flumpth' and I opened the door, looked out and saw that some socks had fallen off the clothes horse. I shut the door again and carried on but when I came out to go back upstairs the socks were back up again!! :eek:

It was definately something paranormal because as I said, no one else was downstairs and the stairs are a bit rickety anyway so I would have heard them.. I had always thought that bathroom was haunted anyway, since then I'm convinced.

Also you say you don't believe ghosts are dead people's spirits but a couple of lines farther you suggest that the spirit might be from someone who was burried under your house or used to work there.

I'm not saying anything for sure, I don't know. That's the problem with too many people: they can't admit they simply don't know.

I would like to see if anyone who worked on the farm died and what age he was. But I would also like to see if this happens again, or if anyone else will see anything and maybe talk to the woman who owned it.

True story , i was at a friends house watching a basketball game when i happened to look up on the mantle and see a camcorder with a red light blinking on it and it was pointing in our direction. I didnt really think anything about it but i said 'dude you left your video cam on'

So he gets up to turn it off and says 'oh shit! the battery pack isnt even hooked on to this thing!' and then a couple seconds later the light stopped blinking.

I still have no explanation for it and both of us saw the light blinking so im not insane

I dont really know if i believe in Ghosts or not... Ive never had any experiences but untill its proven that spirits and ghosts are around or that its scientificly proven to be false, im sitting on the fence....

If i do come across something one day i wont be scared i would be pretty much be excited and interested.

Wow. I believe you, I believe in all this stuff, I think if (a god, i dont believe in any specific god) god is real then anything could be possible. Funnily enough.

I (and two friends) once saw a UFO. As for ghosts, I don't recal anything much. I remember hearing a bike behind me once, seeing the front wheel slightly behind me at my side, but when I turned around properly a second later, nothing was there, no bike anywhere to be seen, nowhere they could have gone.

And just a week or so ago I was about to cross the road and thought I saw someone (ghostly figure) beside me. But I was alone on the pavement.

Even though ghosts can't hurt you all this that and the other, if I found myself with a ghost, I would be fucking shitting it x9997869 Just now all this talk has made me paranoid, and I have turned off Burzum and put on Metallica instead.

There is no doubt in my mind that there is more than just this life, though whatever it is, I don't know, but what I do know, is these ghosts are there.

Anyway Wes, thanks for making this night a scared one :heh:

All science is, is an observation of the facts using human senses to assitain a result.

So if Wes sees a ghost he is using a scientific mode of observation when he claims he has seen a ghost. Science is literally completely neutral towards anything that includes God, ghosts or Gary Glitter. So don't try and own science or use it in the manner of a creed as its counter productive to what science actually means. Those who try to pit science vs religion are either naive or have an agenda to put on the cards, the two are very much compatible.

Haha evil ghosts!

I made the mistake of telling my friends so I'm hearing it loads from them at 6th form, also now my girlfriend is scared of my house.

Actually, i ahve a story of friendly ghosts.

(this is true, according to our RE teach)

A guy was driving along a thin road at night, he looked in the rear view mirror and saw an old woman sitting int he back. He screeched to a halt and tunred around, there was no-one there, and he didnt recognise the image he had seen. Just then a huge combine harvester came round the corner, if she hadn't hadn't appeared he would've gone head-first into it.

Then he arrived at his mum's house and saw a picutre of and old lady on the mantlepeice, the old lady he saw in the car. He aseked who it was and his mum said it was his great grandma

Sign in to follow this