NEurope
Beast

Christmas 2013: What did you do and what did you get?

@Aneres11 your family does a Christmas Quiz too? My family has a big party and we split into teams, there's a picture round and questions round, I love it!

This year my team came second on Christmas Eve and last on Christmas Day. There's always next year!!

My friend got me a cardboard fire truck for the cat. It's amazing.

Also got lots of little goodies

Unfortunately my mum was ill and didn't have any Christmas dinner or go to any parties. She had an operation on Monday and we think she had a reaction to the antibiotics. She's feeling better now though, just a shame she missed out on everything.

I got a mixture of things but very pleased with all of them.

-Ralph Lauren Polo Red Fragrance

-Ralph Lauren Polo Top and Jumper (gifts from the girlfriend)

-Super Mario 3D World

-Zelda: ALBW

-2 Breaking Bad T-shirts (one 'Los Pollos Hermanos' one and the other is a t-shirt with the schools logo on it).

-SLIPPERS :D

-Socks (thank god, holes everywhere in my old socks)

-Fingerless gloves

-A pair of Levi's

-A 60 minute go karting session :)

I got a mixture of things but very pleased with all of them.

-Ralph Lauren Polo Red Fragrance

-Ralph Lauren Polo Top and Jumper (gifts from the girlfriend)

-Super Mario 3D World

-Zelda: ALBW

-2 Breaking Bad T-shirts (one 'Los Pollos Hermanos' one and the other is a t-shirt with the schools logo on it).

-SLIPPERS :D

-Socks (thank god, holes everywhere in my old socks)

-Fingerless gloves

-A pair of Levi's

-A 60 minute go karting session :)

Not gonna lie - dat be a strong haul right there. :bowdown:

What we did:

Christmas Day

Woke up at my parents house.

Skyped Maddie's Dads in New Zealand

Went through to the living room to unwrap presents

Played with all my cool shit (Listed below)

Went round to my Nan's for Christmas 2: Christ Harder

Unwrapped more cool shit

Ate a horrendous amount of food

Drove to Maddie's Mum's house for Christmas 3: Christ Hard With a Vengeance

Opened even more cool shit

Went to bed

Boxing Day

Went back to Maddie's Mum's house for Christmas 4: A Good Day to Christ Hard

Opened yet more cool shit

Ate heartily again

Went home

My succulent list of Christmas Present Radness:

Before They Pass Away Book

Tattoo Design Book

M.C. Escher Book

Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus DVD

Mirror Mask DVD

Space Invaders Shirt

Finger Skateboard

Finger BMX

Tin Kiwi bird thing, stuffed with sweets from New Zealand

Laser Pen/Torch/Pen/Stylus Pen Combo Thing

Enough bath products to make even ReZ clean

An obscene amount of sweets/chocolate

Alien in slime thing

Maddie got a bunch of stuff, including Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing on the 3DS and a totally not illegal or pirated 900,000 in one handheld console that is in no way supposed to resemble a PSP.

I realise I misunderstood the first part of the question.

It really was Christmas as per tradition for us (we celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve): Most of the day was spent getting ready with food and everything, then we ate duck around 6 followed up by risalamande, a sweet rice pudding dessert in which an almond is traditionally hidden; the finder gets a present, but this year my dad put an almond in each of our servings. We were shocked to the core and all had to lie down for an hour (or maybe that was due to overeating). After that we sang Christmas songs; the tradition is to dance around the Christmas tree, but there's no room for that where our tree is standing, so we just sit, which is probably better anyway conidering our cardio. Then it was time for presents, and I think we hit a record this year with twenty presents for three people. It feels good to have reached the age where giving gifts is more fun than receiving them. The rest of the evening we just relaxed, and we've been doing the same for the past two days, just milling about, enjoying the peace and quiet and doing whatever we feel like. Tomorrow we're going to my uncle's for the traditional family Christmas dinner on my dad's side, the day after we're having dinner with another uncle on my mum's side, and the next two days we're going to Copenhagen to see a play and admire the Christmas lights in Tivoli among other things.

It really was Christmas as per tradition for us (we celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve):

Get out.

Crazy European man.

That would be like celebrating New Year on New Year's E....wait...

My sister got me a VIP tour of Anfield and the museum with a 3 course lunch, really happy with that. :)

Also got:

Versace Eros gift set

Magners gift set

Tickets to see Nina Nesbitt

Lego Star Wars book

Couple of drinking games

LFC calender

Christmas Eve

7 hour train journey to get less than half-way on a journey that should take 2 hours (yay trains!)

1 hour drive in a van with no seatbelt, brother in law speeding whilst on the phone to my sister who has locked herself out of the house and is screaming, while the police undertake us.

Ergo christmas eve = stress.

Christmas Day

Find an open shop, buy tobacco. Watch my neice open her gazillion presents. Listen to family argue. Get woken up early and be kept up late as I'm sleeping in the lounge.

Gifts

Deoderant/shower gel

gloves

Times Chess book (actually quite good)

Bill Bailey DVD

Mini Fridge (!!! Quite a large one)

Chocolate coins

Dressing gown

Solitaire

Stephen Fry Autobiography

From Myself

Jumper

Shirt

Socks

Books x 6

What I did Christmas Day

Endless cooking for the family

House party at a friends in the evening, nice to unwind and have a few drinks.

What I got

Xbox One

Dead Rising 3

$65 in Xbox Live vouchers

2 x pairs of jeans

Jumper

pair of wrangler shorts

2 x deodrant and smellies gift set

PNY portable phone charger

Chocolates galore!

Cash!

All in all, a pretty nice Christmas.

The gift-giving was considerably shorter this year from my father's side of the family (I guess the economic reality finally, truly, hit them), but still a rather well spent evening.

Half of my mother's side could not reunite on the 25th this year (as per tradition) due to various reasons, but we somehow managed to hold a very enjoyable evening. Maybe a smaller party was for the best this year.

I got mostly handmade and/or symbolic gifts (which I tend to love), only two pieces of clothing (good thing, my wardrobe is big as it is) and something unusual: a fancy watch (something that was missing from my fancy wardrobe).

Also, the GOG Christmas sale gave me quite a few smiles... and purchases! I just need to start playing them stuffs that I bought.

I also decided to this thing where all of the gifts I gave were books. Probably a good move, as no one else gave books as gifts, apparently.

Finally, I got to watch the Tintin Film at the 25th, and Frozen at the cinema at the 26th. Both films were incredible, definitely should've watched both of them sooner.

Brilliant year this year. Really really such a good time with family and friends.

Christmas eve was at the pub with about 10 mates all having festive drinks, then in the evening went out with my best men for a few more drinks.

Christmas day spent with my fiance in the morning opening our gifts, then I headed to my parents and she went to hers. exchanged gifts with my parents and had an awesome Christmas roast with 3 bird roast, salt beef, extra duck and extra turkey.

I then went to my fiances parents in the afternoon for more gift exchanging, and then we went back to my parents for leftover for evening snack.

Boxing day my brother and sister came round with their husbands / wifes / kids so standard fun drink day with the family. and very last minute my brother and his wife ended up staying at our house with their little girl, so that was also nice to have a few drinks at home with them,

the over all haul... well fuck me, I got well and truly spoiled N-Europe -

From my fiance - kwk4.jpg

my overall game and dvd haul from family and fiance - mhs6.jpg

more from my mum and dad - abeg.jpg

And alot of socks, COD Ghosts T-Shirt, new hat, new trainers.

Bravely Default 3DS game

Socks

Socks

Expensive shower wash

2x Green & Black chocolate bars

5x packets of Kinder Hippos (choc/vanilla)

£100 in money abouts

Probably forgot stuff.

Had the usual family fun over Christmas. Played games, ate ridiculous amounts of food, all while covering Pokémon Bank for my site.

Got some good gifts, but I buy most of what I want anyway so my family struggle with what to get me

Got a few T-Shirts

Sonic Lost World

Batman Arkham Origins

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

Socks

A TARDIS

A book on clouds (running gag with my parents)

And various puzzles and things to build.

Best of all, a basic holographic projector that I'm going to reverse engineer to make even more awesome