NEurope
Beast

Christmas 2013: What did you do and what did you get?

So come on N-E, dish the dirt, what did you do and what did you get this Christmas and did you like it? And none of this "I'm grateful for everything I have", let's get down to the nitty-gritty and tell people what you thought of your gifts. You're in a safe environment, let it roar! :D

Okay so I got:

3DS XL in blue

Obviously I adore it, it owns my heart! I love the merging picture thing, I've been using that feature all day as well as playing Hollywood Crimes!

James Noir's Hollywood Crimes on the 3DS

Unexpectedly the game I've been playing the most on my 3DS. It's like Professor Layton but set on a gameshow in the 60s where some murderer is killing the contestants that had been on the show and he leaves puzzles for you to solve at the scenes of the crime. Quite a great little game.

Splinter Cell 3D on the 3DS

The thought was awesome but the game sucks major balls big time! It's the only 3DS game I've played today that I didn't like.

The Walking Dead: Seasons 1, 2 and 3 on DVD

Obviously I adore The Walking Dead so having them on DVD had me excited!

£75

It's money, who hates money?

Cadbury's Selection Box

You're never too old for a Cadbury's Selection Box, bitch! :D

A bottle of Amaretto

A lad from work got me this. Never had it before but it's bloody amazing stuff! It's almond alcohol. Nice with a bit of coke, tastes just like Dr. Pepper!

Jack Daniel's glass and mini bottle gift set

Jack Daniel's, my favourite!

Animal from the Muppets pyjamas

There's a picture of me wearing this on the Forum User Photos thread. I adore them! It's XXL as well and they're baggy! I feel sexy! ;)

Marvel Comics pyjamas

It's got a picture of the front cover of the Avengers comic book. Looks awesome! It's XL and they fit me! Booyah!

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 on the Xbox 360

It's Harry Potter, need I say more? Of course I'll love it!

Lynx Africa boxset

I know it sounds spoilt but I don't actually like the smell of Lynx Africa, I only like the Africa Dry in the silver can. The one in the black can makes me choke and breaks me out in a rash wherever the spray makes contact with my skin! :( It also smells vile, hehe.

Fleecy scarf

I didn't like this either. The scarf itself is nice but I can't wear fleece. I get so boiling hot in anything that is thick and fleecy. I wore my blue fleece today because I was shivering and within literally five minutes, I was sweating and boiling hot. I don't really like scarfs in general, really. I just wear a hat and gloves and have done, haha.

Overall, I had a great haul and had a pretty good day to boot. Played on my 3DS, took some photos, filmed in 3D which is amazing, had some turkey, watched some telly and we were actually that family that played charades for the first time in absolute years! I had a good old laugh!

Oh and I tasted Cava for the first time today. EFFING DISGUSTING STUFF! haha.

My main presents were an online art course subscription and a pretty dress. Dan and I got enough money combined to buy a 3DS Xl from Tesco (yay!).

Dan also got Marvel Lego for the Xbox from my mum, so we're looking forward to playing that!

Getting more presents today when we visit Dan's family.

Some games from GF, choccies, smellies, cider and £100 cash from family. Sister got me a satchel (not in pic). Humbled. :bowdown:

Best gift was dinner with the family as we've had a few health scares this year. Having everyone together, reminiscing, laughing and happy was the best present I could have got. :santa:

image5mdem.jpg

I got Wreck-It Ralph, Ratchet & Clank Nexus, a £10 Amazon voucher and a K'Tinga model.

I had a pretty nice Christmas, spent most of it playing with my niece and nephew.

I ended up getting:

Assassin's Creed IV (PS4)

Super Mario 3D Land

Bravely Default

Man of Steel blu ray

Iron Man 3 blu ray

GAME voucher

Chocolate

Oh and I got a load of Steam games gifted to me from friends on another forum:

Volgarr the Viking

The Wolf Among Us

DuckTails Remastered

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition

Deadly Premonition

Papers, Please

Jim and I just had a nice relaxing day yesterday (only day I got off from work, boooh).

I got up at around 12, really needed some sleep!

We ended up watching lots of tv: Dragnet, part of Toy Story 3, Muppet Christmas Carol, Jingle all the way...

We had a nice 3 course meal, starting with some starters (mini pizzas, onion bhajis, spring rolls and prawn rolls), a nice roast dinner (chicken, mash, roast potato, yorkshire pudding, gravy, applesauce) and then a chocolate log with vanilla ice cream for dessert. We were stuffed after all this!

We gave our presents while watching Jingle All the Way. We decided to give a present every time Arnold would say "the doooohlllll". =P

I got the following gifts from Jim:

Nina Ricci - Ricci Ricci perfume 100ml

3177.jpg

Cacharel - Amor Amor Forbidden Kiss Eau de Toilette 80ml

o.17234.jpg

A Travalo perfume atomizer.

travalo_SilverLidOff.jpg

And A Link Between Worlds. =)

zelda_a_link_between_worlds_box_art__large.jpg

From Sprout I got a Wii U pedometer (still need to link it up):

408993-wii-fit-u.jpg?thumb=y

And from my family (who I saw earlier this month) I got the Ben Howard album and a £25 Amazon gift voucher (which has already been used to buy a Blu-ray player).

Oh and then Jim and I played Monopoly until about 1:30 am last night... I lost, as always. =(

Present highlights :-

1511782_10151759753291432_733767427_o.jpg

Kept Super Mario 3D World aside for myself for Christmas, and my mum got me Zelda.

1520709_10151760055601432_1414974977_n.jpg

1466021_10151760047946432_332247858_n.jpg

Girlfriend got me these. Obviously knows which movie franchies I like!

From the someone I am seeing, I got a signed limited-run edition of Woodkid's The Golden Age; it comes with the album on CD, I Love You/Iron (Quintet Versions) on a small white vinyl and a book containing the narrative that runs with the album.

I am very thankful.

Especially since Xmas this year was categorically one of the most miserable days I've ever lived through.

Two answer both questions of the thread title:

Pretty much nothing.

My mom and me were supposed to have dinner with my sister and her husband, but they decided to co camping (I shit you not) and fishing.

What a lovely sister I have.

So my mom and I figured: Let's have nice food anyway.

I got from family...

Super Mario 3D World

Link Between Worlds

Sheffield United Hoody

Bottle of Vodka

Sorted.

From the someone I am seeing, I got a signed limited-run edition of Woodkid's The Golden Age; it comes with the album on CD, I Love You/Iron (Quintet Versions) on a small white vinyl and a book containing the narrative that runs with the album.

This 'someone' had better be the guy from the gym, or I will be so mad.

(I would have to rewrite all of my fanfiction!)

Got some chocolates, a gift card, some trousers (that will be exchanged), after shave and a few small bits and pieces. Went into town earlier and bought some jumpers for myself and plan to go into central on Saturday to buy myself some more stuff. Merry Christmas to me!

I think I've reached the age where I'd rather spend Christmas away from my family and see them around that period, but I can't really say "I'd rather spend Christmas in London". Plus my mother and her husband only get Christmas day off.

Edited by Ashley

Christmas was pretty good this year.

It was made better by the addition of my sisters boyfriend, who is the first 'outsider' we've had.

This meant everyone put in so much more effort than they normally do. We ate far too much (including the completely unecessary dinner in the evening) and played Cranium and the celebrity guessing game. Twas excellent.

Today we had the world's largest curry, played scrabble, and sat about feeling horrendous.

This 'someone' had better be the guy from the gym, or I will be so mad.

(I would have to rewrite all of my fanfiction!)

I don't know how to break this to you...but, that impossible crush is over.

...for now.

I don't know how to break this to you...but, that impossible crush is over.

Christmas is ruined. :sad:

I thanked Daft for ruining Magnus' Christmas. Just wanted to make that clear to everyone.

What did I do this year? Well, I handed in my BA project this December, which is probably the most I've accomplished. :heh:

As for Christmas presents, I got some old books on Greco-Roman stuff (par for the course at this point), an electric toothbrush (dentist's recommendation which will hopefully improve my oral hygiene), a lot of chocolate (oh, the irony) and a DVD of a Danish stand-up comedian. However, the final two things I received were the most impressive:

I got a Calvin Klein deodorant from a friend whose Latin studies I'm helping with; I really didn't want anything in return as I both enjoy doing Latin and helping out a friend, but said friend apparently feels bad about receiving the help without doing something in return. I was rather taken aback by how fine the present was.

The second present I was impressed by was this - a 4-CD collection of musical interpretations of all the poems in the The Lord Of The Rings book trilogy. It is the final product of more than ten years' work by The Tolkien Ensemble, a Danish ensemble featuring Christopher Lee himself.

Deodorant is considered an impressive present these days?

I'm going to save so much money next year.

The other half got me a book "1001 games to play before you die", a big goody box from Lush, and a bag of fancy tea leaves. Yay.

Family gave me money and a few bits n pieces I had asked for, wrist wraps, PJs, socks, an awesome cat book, a pair of converse, and nerds!! :)

Got some nice stuff for Christmas, but i like seeing the reactions of what people think of the gifts i bought them

Myself, i received the following

• Crate of Stella Artois
  • Top Gear: Africa Special
  • Top Gear: The Perfect Road Trip
  • £100 cash
  • Loungewear (T-shirt and trousers)
  • Gloves
  • Travelbag
  • Toiletries
  • Beano Annual
  • Dandy Annual
  • A comic-strip book
  • A Feast of Crows (4th in the Game of Thrones series)

Deodorant is considered an impressive present these days?

I'm going to save so much money next year.

It wasn't exactly a cheap deodorant from the grocery store.

I had some nice things.

Sonic lost world for Wii U

Zelda for 3ds

Money

Sweets

Choc

Nike base layer for tennis during winter months (very welcome)

Nike gloves also for tennis - well for one hand :heh:

Beyoncé album

Great Gatsby blu ray

Jumper

Vouchers

Had a great day doing Christmas quizzes with family etc. and then it all went wrong and I was in hospital until today :( see bad stuff thread.

That aside good presents and good half of the day!

Some people on here got some cool gifts too by looks of it! Christmas hauls are always fun to see!