NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Ian Watkins Given 35 Years

I do indeed to some extent, but to have kept it secret and hidden, then that to me shows an indication of comprehension of his actions. This makes me believe he's not entirely mentally defective.

One can understand that their actions will be stopped if they are caught and that keeping it secret will allow it to continue, and still be mentally defective. The brain is a complex system with many dissociated functions that work independently of each other.

One can understand that their actions will be stopped if they are caught and that keeping it secret will allow it to continue, and still be mentally defective. The brain is a complex system with many dissociated functions that work independently of each other.

The brain is indeed complex, but I don't buy into that in his case. Not looking at everything that has been said/gone on.

I don't see in black and white but I don't believe this case is in a grey area.

@Diageo out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the sentencing and his crimes? You've not stated your views on it so far, just your views and impressions on other people's. I'd love to know what you think of it all.

Edited by Kav

Kav, it should be noted that a lot of victims of mental diseases don't ever admit that there is something wrong with them despite overwhelming evidence.

Like Bulimia, which exists precisely because teenagers are perfectly aware that people will stop them if they're caught, they don't realise there's something fundamentally wrong with their actions either, and yet they try to hide it.

I know, which is why I stated "in this case". Just looking at everything I believe that he knew he was doing wrong.

Well from what I've read here and what I've picked up from the thread, he committed several crimes that netted him a "life" sentence in prison (which I assume is the max). He will be unable to commit any further crimes while in there, and so the issue will be controlled. What the prison should include is some sort of work he can do so that his time in prison isn't a strain on the economy. It should also include a rehabilitation systems that increases his fitness for society life after his sentence is over, which he may return to only if he is deemed appropriate to return by medical professionals, and that he will no longer abuse drugs. I am unaware of how much money he currently has and what will happen to it, but I assume he will go into a nursing home of some sort afterwards, living the rest of his days as an old man, with some instance of supervision to make sure there will be no re-offending.

So, back on topic, 35 years. Going from what our law allows I'm glad he got a long sentence. The severity of his crimes are truly horrendous. As you're all aware I don't feel this is a harsh sentence. My reasoning for my feelings to it being a lenient sentence are because of the nature of the crime, the number of offences committed and also his reaction toward to the whole thing.

This is a man who repeatedly abused numerate children, including the attempted rape of a baby.

For people saying he has an illness, if this is the case and it is an illness, why did he never once consult someone about it to try and seek some form of help?

He knew he was doing wrong, hence the whole secrecy of it all as time went on. Even knowing what he was doing was wrong he still sees it with a sick twisted satisfaction hence the "mega lolz" quote.

For me, I'd rather the world be rid of this man. I wouldn't want a jail cell to be taken up by him, for money to be used to pay for this man to continue living, albeit in a cell. I don't feel his crimes deserve an attempt at rehabilitation.

People say he'd get out at 70 and not be a danger to anyone but how can you know? He could still abuse children at that age.

For me, I think death would be just in this case. Of course the law doesn't allow so I live within the law and am happy that the maximum sentence was given.

Was repeating yourself another time, completely necessary?

I also think because of the constant barrage of depravity coming from his fans, he should no longer be allowed to communicate with them.

Was repeating yourself another time, completely necessary?

Well we'd kind of gotten off the topic of his actual sentencing and crimes so I figured I'd put it back onto that. I can always edit out my opinion on it if you wish? Just thought I'd say why I felt the way I did.

Well from what I've read here and what I've picked up from the thread, he committed several crimes that netted him a "life" sentence in prison (which I assume is the max). He will be unable to commit any further crimes while in there, and so the issue will be controlled. What the prison should include is some sort of work he can do so that his time in prison isn't a strain on the economy. It should also include a rehabilitation systems that increases his fitness for society life after his sentence is over, which he may return to only if he is deemed appropriate to return by medical professionals, and that he will no longer abuse drugs. I am unaware of how much money he currently has and what will happen to it, but I assume he will go into a nursing home of some sort afterwards, living the rest of his days as an old man, with some instance of supervision to make sure there will be no re-offending.

I also think because of the constant barrage of depravity coming from his fans, he should no longer be allowed to communicate with them.

can you run our prison services? thats what prison should be like, sadly it isn't