NEurope
Serebii

NES Remix

GB/SNES Remix absolutely must happen.

Yeah definitely! With NES REMIX I like half the games, but the rest I find really annoying. A SNES remake on the other hand, everything would be awesome. Some Super Mario Kart and F-Zero mini challenges would be so good. :D

Managed to get rainbow stars on all the levels from Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Excitebike and Pinball so far. Those Mario Bros and Ice Climber levels are going to be a nightmare, the handling on them is so horrid.

I'm getting a bit side tracked just improving my best times on some of my favourite levels at the moment, just had to beat that 25.8 I saw posted on Miiverse...

just had to beat that 25.8 I saw posted on Miiverse...
And now I just had to beat your time... :hehe:

HSW2BRU.jpg

...close one though. :awesome:

Nice! Don't think I'll be beating that anytime soon, took me long enough to get 25.2. :heh:

I'm a bit surprised at the games I'm enjoying most in NES Remix. I thought Mario and Zelda would be clear favourites, I'm not really that fond of them though. Despite the annoying rival bikes, Excitebike is probably my favourite. Very tempted to get it on Virtual Console, which I guess was one of Nintendo's aims with this game.

Nice! Don't think I'll be beating that anytime soon, took me long enough to get 25.2. :heh:
I've been beaten already anyway. :heh: As you've no doubt seen on Cyberscore. ;)

I'm a bit surprised at the games I'm enjoying most in NES Remix. I thought Mario and Zelda would be clear favourites, I'm not really that fond of them though. Despite the annoying rival bikes, Excitebike is probably my favourite. Very tempted to get it on Virtual Console, which I guess was one of Nintendo's aims with this game.
I would imagine so, yeah. :hehe:

Hopefully NES Remix sells well enough that they do consider a SNES remix though.

SMK x F-Zero remix stages would be so awesome...

asws.jpg

:cool:

*EDIT*

Just improved my Stage 13 record on Balloon Fight!

0bQt93u.jpg

:yay:

Edited by RedShell

Have reached the final bonus stage on this now, it's the Champions Road of NES Remix!! :laughing:

Just lost an hour to this game, thinking I'll just play a few stages before finishing up my gaming for the night. This is the first game in a while that has had that "just one more stage" factor for me, I think a Gameboy edition on 3DS would be a great fit!

Just lost an hour to this game, thinking I'll just play a few stages before finishing up my gaming for the night. This is the first game in a while that has had that "just one more stage" factor for me, I think a Gameboy edition on 3DS would be a great fit!
Yeah, it's so addictive. :hehe:

Even now that I've completed every level and got rainbow stars on a lot of them, I still occasionally get stuck replaying stages trying to beat my hi-scores. :grin:

Yeah, it's so addictive. :hehe:

Even now that I've completed every level and got rainbow stars on a lot of them, I still occasionally get stuck replaying stages trying to beat my hi-scores. :grin:

Same. I really enjoy this game. Hope they bring DLC or a sequel to it for more NES games like SMB3, Zelda II and a variety of other first party NES games, then a SNES sequel.

This sort of game is great and they should keep up with it.

A patch has been released allowing for Wii Remote, Classic Controller and Pro Controller support.

A patch has been released allowing for Wii Remote, Classic Controller and Pro Controller support.
Nice. icon14.gif

Be cool to play it with a sideways Wii Remote NES style. :smile:

So that does mean the SNES controller will work? That's close enough to a NES controller, right?

So that does mean the SNES controller will work? That's close enough to a NES controller, right?

Pretty sure it will yes. :)

That's exactly what I plan to do next time I have a go on NES Remix and of course to have this kind of controller support from the very start for the inevitable SNES Remix would certainly be something. :D

NES Remix 2. Seems to have a bit more content than Remix 1, probably why it's taking them a bit longer to release it.

Take on rapid-fire challenges from classic NES™ games remixed with mind-bending twists. Play as Link™ while running from Boos, nab coins as Kirby™ in Super Mario Bros., and much more! We’re talking epic gameplay set pieces from the likes of Kid Icarus™, Metroid™, Super Mario Bros.™ 2, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link™—the list goes on! Tackle the best parts of beloved retro games like Punch-Out!!™ Featuring Mr. Dream and Super Mario Bros. 3 while sharing videos of your greatest feats in the NES Remix Miiverse™ community.* NES Remix 2 also features two exciting new modes. The unlockable Super Luigi Bros. stars our nervous hero, Luigi™, and dares players to beat each level of the original Super Mario Bros. backward! The other new mode has you trying for high scores in three rapid-fire levels from different NES games, using the scoring system from the 1990 Nintendo World Championships.

Conquer redesigned and twist-filled 8-bit challenges

Features snippets of a dozen more 8-bit Nintendo games

Replay stages to improve times and unlock more challenges

Take on two new modes: Championship Mode** and Super Luigi Bros.

Share your accomplishments with Miiverse™ online communities*

*Broadband Internet access required for online features. Learn more at support.nintendo.com.

**The first NES Remix game is required to play this mode.

Japan is getting a retail release with both games included.

nr2.png

I'd buy it.

I wonder why you need Remix 1 to play world championship mode, I hope it's because it uses games from the first one as well.

I love Remix, can't wait for this, and really really hope they do a couple for each one of their consoles!! They could release 1 a month and it'd take us to

April - NES Remix 2, May - Gameboy Remix 1, June - GBA Remix 1, July - SNES Remix 1, August - N64 Remix 1, September - DS Remix 1, October - Gameboy Remix 2, November - GBA Remix 2, December - SNES remix 2, January - N64 Remix 2, February - DS Remix 2... Could even continue with 3rd party versions... I'd love this!!!

What would people think if they did this?! Even one every 2 months would be awesome... think I'm getting a bit carried away with the idea...

Decided to give my Wii U some love and fired this up tonight. I only planned on having a quick go and then ended playing for ages. I managed to clear Donkey Kong and Pinball with rainbow rankings before I managed to pull myself away from it. :D

I've noticed while playing those 2 stages that a lot of it was down to luck, especially the Pinball. One DK level had you smashing barrels with a hammer but if they didn't fall right it seemed you wouldn't have enough time to get the rainbow ranking. I dunno, maybe it was just me?

Back to Yoshi's Story I go.

Had another go on this last night and finished the Wrecking Crew challenges, getting rainbow stars for all of them. One of them was pretty cheap though. It's where you had to find the coin and it was completely random where it spawned. I had to do that one numerous times before I finally got it.

I'm really enjoying getting back into this. It's the perfect game to play for half an hour or so, unless you start becoming addicted to it. :D

Yeah I'm nearly done with it, I've completed all the levels with 3 stars (not rainbow) and nearly done the Remix's and Bonus levels... Great game. Frustrating at times, and Ice Climbers and Mario Bros. are just atrocious, but kind of fun because of it. Clu Clu Land is a bit of gem though, never played that before.

Do you get anything for rainbow all the levels? I think I'm going to save that for gaming weekends, challenging each other, but if you get something I may push on. Some of them I think "how in the hell are you supposed to get rainbow stars on that!!"

Can't wait for the sequel though, all the games in that are brilliant!!

Sequel looks much better, because of the better games. Who honestly likes Urban Cahmpion outside Nintendo? I really like the game crossover challenges. I wish this game was on 3DS.

Really looking forward to this, pocket football next week, NES remix 2 the week after, hopefully all the indies will start dropping... Perfect!

Japan is getting a special promotion for a week where you can get 10% off NES Remix 2 if you had NES Remix 1 already. I wouldn't be surprised if we get this also.

Oh yeah, just thought I'd reassure people that NES Remix II is everything the original was plus a whole lot more, this might seem like stating the obvious but it is really enjoyable as the selection of games really make the package a lot more attractive overall. :)

I played through pretty much all of it in the space of two days but there are many reasons to come back if you like beating high scores or just revelling in a bit of nostalgia. : peace:

Championship Mode seems to be quite fun, though it requires Miiverse to get the most from it - no EU community yet - so I look forward to having a few score battles with you all when the game get released. :D

All controller support from day one is very much welcome, I've been playing this with my SNES pad, naturally and can't wait until we get the inevitable SNES remix... it will happen, it has to. :awesome: