NEurope
Serebii

NES Remix

Only had a dabble on the game and expressed some disappointments on miiverse, but overall the game seems great, I love these wario ware, beat the beat type games and even better it's classic NES games (9-volt was easily the most fun on wario ware for this reason). It's a great, random, eshop exclusive. Not a huge title to cream over, but a great little game.

This game reminded me why I hate Mario Bros. Jumping in that game is awful.

Struggling a bit in a few of these. Jumping really lacks the momentum I have come to expect and so if you're not running, you pretty much go straight up.

Haha yes, the jumping in Mario Bros is even worse than I remember!

But man, I'm LOVING this game. What a fantastic title, I really can't get enough. I found myself playing them over and over to make sure I have 3 stars in each game, and I can never usually be arsed to do that :p

I also got a few rainbow 3 stars which felt very special indeed :D I kick ass at the Donkey Kong levels, but everything else is pretty hard for me, especially Mario Bros. with its stiff controls.

I really want to play more tonight, but with the amount of cards I have to write and the amount of presents to wrap, I'll have to add this to the pile of games I really want to get stuck into. UGH.

And yeah, the presentation is wonderful, feels as tight as SEGA Mega Collection and the music just as awesome.

Yay! I did the 1-up level! :)

Plus 1 on the Mario Bros jump mechanic being horrible. :shakehead Some of the challenges are made harder simply because the of the games mechanics.

That last Zelda stage requires quite a bit of knowledge of the secrets in the game if you want to clear it. I'm sure you could after a few goes, mind but it saves you a lot of time. :laughing: Don't like how some of the Zelda stages are basically luck based (recover hearts, find rupees).

Quick question. Are there any motion controlled pants like on Nintendoland or are all the games played just using buttons, d-pad etc?

Quick question. Are there any motion controlled pants like on Nintendoland or are all the games played just using buttons, d-pad etc?

Been playing Nintendo Land since launch and had no idea you could do this! :laughing:

Just watched the Game Center CX episode with this game. It looks great.

Hope Arino deliberately lost some of those games, Donkey Kong isn't that hard. :laughing: It's a good episode though.

Everything's waggle.

Buttons

All NES games so all play as NES games...D-Pad + B & A buttons

Think that's the first time I've used THANKS 3 times in a row. :D

That's good to hear. I may snap this up for over the Christmas period now.

Played this a little more tonight, I think it's brilliant. I'm going to love it and it's certainly hard too. Also a great game just for the gamepad. Hope the turn it into a series - NES remix, snes remix, n64 remix, GameCube remix, Wii remix... Jizztastic!

So, according to Miiverse post, this game was actually directed by Koichi Hayashida, the same guy who directed Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World.

Quite a shift in genre, I'll say.

£9?! I thought this was a free little dealie. Wasn't something in the Direct supposed to be free? Nothing about this appealed to me enough to be worth £9 from what I saw, so it's not something I'd be likely to get. What are people's opinions on the value offered by this?

£9?! I thought this was a free little dealie. Wasn't something in the Direct supposed to be free? Nothing about this appealed to me enough to be worth £9 from what I saw, so it's not something I'd be likely to get. What are people's opinions on the value offered by this?

Yoshi level DLC for Sonic Lost Worlds was free :laughing:

This looks like a great game. Shame that I can't enjoy it on my 3DS and from the reactions that I've seen from various places, that would be a popular decision.

The Sonic DLC is free. Super Mario Bros Deluxe is free

It's also great fun, and great value. Normally I dismiss NES games as it's nostalgia that makes me like the majority of them, but I got this and am happy. It's bloody addictive, too.

Yoshi level DLC for Sonic Lost Worlds was free :laughing:

This looks like a great game. Shame that I can't enjoy it on my 3DS and from the reactions that I've seen from various places, that would be a popular decision.

this game should have been released on 3DS and Wii U with cross buy enabled.

It's also great fun, and great value. Normally I dismiss NES games as it's nostalgia that makes me like the majority of them, but I got this and am happy. It's bloody addictive, too.

Yeah, NES games are usually pretty dated and it's the nostalgia factor that makes them great but that's what is great about NES remix. It breaks them up, gives you mini tasks and indeed, remixes them, to make it a really enjoyable experience even if you've never played them!

I could never get on with Excite Bike but I'm actually quite liking the challenges for it on NES remix :D

Yeah, NES games are usually pretty dated and it's the nostalgia factor that makes them great but that's what is great about NES remix. It breaks them up, gives you mini tasks and indeed, remixes them, to make it a really enjoyable experience even if you've never played them!

I could never get on with Excite Bike but I'm actually quite liking the challenges for it on NES remix :D

That said, this is the first time I put any time into Wrecking Crew, and am enjoying it. May break out the 3DS ambassador version a bit later.

I want a sequel, or for the SNES sequel to come on the VC

That's one of the things I've found, it's making me appreciate games I always didn't like - excitbike, wrecking crew being the main ones. Tempted for the 3d excitebike now!

As for no 3ds version, it would be amazing for cross play, I'm refusing to double up VC games in the hope they do it. But at the same time, the Wii u needs as many exclusives as possible. Cheap i know, but it does have logic.

That's one of the things I've found, it's making me appreciate games I always didn't like - excitbike, wrecking crew being the main ones. Tempted for the 3d excitebike now!

As for no 3ds version, it would be amazing for cross play, I'm refusing to double up VC games in the hope they do it. But at the same time, the Wii u needs as many exclusives as possible. Cheap i know, but it does have logic.

Hell, it even made me like the Pinball game...until I had to do a level on the bonus stage

Didn't realise Wrecking Crew was in this, fantastic! It was one of my favourite NES games growing up. That Balloon Fight, Ice Climbers and Solomon's Key :) Well and Zelda obvs.

I've been trying to figure this out, has everyone got their codes for this? Or is this just Japan only at the moment, because I linked my accounts on day 1 and I still haven't had a code for Super Mario Bros DX yet, but if it's JP only for the moment then that would explain it.

I've been trying to figure this out, has everyone got their codes for this? Or is this just Japan only at the moment, because I linked my accounts on day 1 and I still haven't had a code for Super Mario Bros DX yet, but if it's JP only for the moment then that would explain it.

Didn't they say that the codes would be sent out in the new year?

Didn't they say that the codes would be sent out in the new year?

Oh right, that explains it then thanks, I was just taking into consideration when I'd be able to review it for VC Weekly. :D

---------------------------------------

I'm going to have another blast on NES Remix - given it a break for a day or two - expect a review soon. :)