NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

Ah, @RedShell, you got hasty attacks!

That's probably the best skill of the lot. Agitha's potential has literally skyrocketed.

I've yet to get lucky enough to be graced with that.

Seeing as you can only equip 2 of the new skills at once, I'm going for Hasty Attacks and Normal Attack +.

Oh, and @dazzybee, that weapon RedShell has is what I meant by a Level 3, 5-star, 8-slot weapon. You cannot get any better than that. (Network Link reward with the Slot+ skill and the Weapon Slot III potion gives you a decent chance of getting one)

I managed to get another perfect weapon though, this time for Lana's Book of Sorcery. Time to invest ridiculous amounts of Rupees into it.

Good luck trying to catch me online. It's normally on Thursdays I play online. But I keep losing a connection when I play Hyrule Warriors, I also struggle to get on Miiverse sometimes.

It's weird, I can play Mario Kart and Smash with no issues, but anything in the background...

I'm not fussed, I've gotten so many benefits from everyone here. You can't miss what you never had.

Jesus... The highest I've got is a level 50ish Link.

Actually, I meant 35... And with bugger all Ruppees to level up everyone else.

All my good weapons don't have any of the EXP or Ruppee+ shizzle :(

Seeing as you can only equip 2 of the new skills at once, I'm going for Hasty Attacks and Normal Attack +
Really? Damn. :hmm:

I'm liking the sound of Normal Attack+ too though, so will probably replace Focus Spirit+ with it.

All my good weapons don't have any of the EXP or Ruppee+ shizzle :(
Just transfer those skills over to the good weapons. EXP+ and Rupee+ are pretty common skills though, so you should get a decent combination sooner or later. :blank:

Loaded up today, got a Network Link...was @RedShell's Level 200...no way in hell I can do that haha
:laughing:@Ike had a similar response:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse
I'm pretty much screwed for Network Link bonuses now then I guess. :heh:

*EDIT*

If anyone's interested, here are the final strength stats for all characters (assuming they don't increase the limit once again with the next DLC/update :grin:):

Ganondorf

Darunia

Twili Midna

Ghirahim

Volga

Midna

Impa

Link

Cia

Lana

Zant

Young Link

Zelda

Wizzro

Sheik

Agitha

Tingle

Ruto

Fi

I used the Training Dojo to get those numbers after reaching the max level with Tingle.

BTW, looks like it would cost around 18 million Rupees to train a character all the way up from Lv. 1 to 200! :hehe:

Edited by RedShell

Just transfer those skills over to the good weapons. EXP+ and Rupee+ are pretty common skills though, so you should get a decent combination sooner or later. :blank:

If there are more skills than slots, does it give you the choice as what you can put in the slot/overwrite other skills?

Also, I can't remember if this was the case, so possibly a stupid question, but so skills only come with weapons or is there some sort of stockpile of skills I've gotten during adventures which I could apply to weapons?

I've only got two characters with the EXP+ skill :(

If there are more skills than slots, does it give you the choice as what you can put in the slot/overwrite other skills?
Unfortunately not, no. If you don't have any empty slots, you'd need to remove an existing skill first.

Also, I can't remember if this was the case, so possibly a stupid question, but so skills only come with weapons or is there some sort of stockpile of skills I've gotten during adventures which I could apply to weapons?
You only get skills with weapons, and they can only be transferred between the same character/weapon type.

I've only got two characters with the EXP+ skill :(
Either focus on those characters, or just keep playing as whichever character you'd like to have the skill for to increase your chance of getting EXP+ for them. Edited by RedShell

I've never had a network link :(

how do you guys level up so fast? where are you farming rupees?

Turn them on in the settings menu.

And I've not once farmed. I always attempt quests that have some kind of reward for doing so.

Turn them on in the settings menu.

And I've not once farmed. I always attempt quests that have some kind of reward for doing so.

it appears despite me believing i'd switched that setting on, i had not! suppose i never hit confirm settings

I did find that the true partners reward map (get all main legend mode skulltulas) is good for exp + rupees. I'm gonna have to use the apothecary though (I never have!). Sick of everyone being just slightly underlevelled. Link and Zelda are still my highest at 68.

I did find that the true partners reward map (get all main legend mode skulltulas) is good for exp + rupees. I'm gonna have to use the apothecary though (I never have!). Sick of everyone being just slightly underlevelled. Link and Zelda are still my highest at 68.

I feel like the apothecary is somewhat overlooked.

Which is a mistake, Rupee Festival is brilliant for raising money, and Material Master is great if badges are what you need.

And if you're having trouble getting a quest done in time, you might want to consider Shield Breaker. Being able to trap enemies who guard into a full combo gets stuff done quicker.

It really is a warrior's best friend.

I'm going to take a load of these hints on board when I start properly playing this game more instead of just existing on the title screen each day for a few moments to get my amiibo presents and then making it as far as the upgrade shop before turning the Wii U off.

I do like the game, I'm just not that motivated to play it right now.

I'm having the exact same issues with the game. My highest character is only level 35!

Ive beaten Legend Mode and some of the Adventure Map too!

I'm having the exact same issues with the game. My highest character is only level 35!

Ive beaten Legend Mode and some of the Adventure Map too!

Network links give nice XP bonus (now i've switched them on and confirmed it on network settings) and i've got a level 58 Link now, lvl 48 Gannon, then everyone else is 30 or 20 (i level up in blocks of ten using rupees)

Going to have to look into getting all the skultulas on legend mode for this map to play, rupees seem to be one of the best way to fast level some characters

It not that bad. I played a level last night using a +exp weapon, and my Link went up from lvl 33 to 35. Then I tried another level with a +rupees weapon with a rupees party potion on and got almost 100k!

I love this game. There nothing more satisfying than finding a huge mass of enemies and just wading in with a huge sword.

Finally got Great Fairy! What a bizarre weapon! Fun though, and though she feels really slow, it's just cause she's so huge. I think I KO'd like 50 grunts with one normal attack (on an easy level to practice).

I love how much variety there is in the weapons - would have been nice is everyone got at least 2 weapons - Link having so many is a big strange (compared to the rest). Sheik could have a needle/whip thing if only a reference to Smash Bros. Ruto and Darunia could also surely have something as well.

Anyone else finding the Termina map quite hard? I've yet to get an A in any squares (not been trying too hard I'll admit) and to have progress taken away after a while...

It's gonna lead to a new level of grinding.

I'm playing as young link and don't understand this supposed attack overpowerment, occassionally I seem to play the ocarina.... Is it that? I don't really get the combat I don't think, I press b mainly with the occasional Y thrown in

I'm playing as young link and don't understand this supposed attack overpowerment, occassionally I seem to play the ocarina.... Is it that? I don't really get the combat I don't think, I press b mainly with the occasional Y thrown in

Normally, Young Link is pretty average.

Instead of using the special attacks. Press X (Dynasty Warrior controls, I think you have to press Y with Zelda controls) to convert the yellow bar into magic. Once that's full, press R to transform into Fierce Deity Link and then go ham on everything.

The sheer amount of times you can utilise Focus Spirit makes Young Link one of the best characters in the game.

Especially when you've got the badge that gets you 3 special bars. Done right, you can literally Fierce Deity through an entire mission.

Also, for a laugh, try using the ocarina when your magic is full.

Do that attack Glen mentioned a few pages back. I think it was XXXY or was it the other way around? Either way, he does a Triforce on the floor that sucks enemies in and cleans battlefields nicely.

@Glen\-i will do a much better job of explaining it. :D

All attacks are devastating + bow and arrow = Fucking genius.

Can't believe I didn't think of it sooner.

On a side note, fuck Skulltulas. Making their noise and not being anywhere.

Do that attack Glen mentioned a few pages back. I think it was XXXY or was it the other way around? Either way, he does a Triforce on the floor that sucks enemies in and cleans battlefields nicely.

@Glen\-i will do a much better job of explaining it. :D

YYYYYX (BBBBBY with Zelda Controls) That move is beautiful. You're completely invincible during it and it can't be blocked. You do need the 4 combo badges to use it though, but they're not hard to make.

I have noticed that Volga sometimes dodges it, even when he gets dragged into the middle, so keep that in mind.

But yeah, that's my go to move, so it helps that it looks immensely cool!

YYYX is another handy move for Young Link. Great for quick kills.

I abused that so much that I genuinely struggled when one of the Master Quest missions banned Item attacks.

Oh, and Skulltulas are definitely BS. Especially on the Twilight Map, when 1 hit is normally enough to ruin the 4-heart limit.

EDIT: Actually, I may have a way to alleviate some of that frustration.

That way is Sheik.

Sheik's strong attack is an interesting one. There's 5 different strong attacks depending on what combo attack you did last.

The one I want to address is the Water one.

First of all, press YX (Or BY) to perform an OK-ish combo attack. After that, get some space and use the Strong Attack. This activates a sort of shield worth 4 hearts for 5 minutes. Any damage you take that the shield blocks doesn't count towards the damage taken rank. This also counts for Skulltulas.

You can refresh this by performing the Water strong attack again.

Worth noting if you're struggling with an A rank.

Edited by Glen-i
Automerged Doublepost

Oh, and Skulltulas are definitely BS. Especially on the Twilight Map, when 1 hit is normally enough to ruin the 4-heart limit.

EDIT: Actually, I may have a way to alleviate some of that frustration.

That way is Sheik.

Sheik's strong attack is an interesting one. There's 5 different strong attacks depending on what combo attack you did last.

The one I want to address is the Water one.

First of all, press YX (Or BY) to perform an OK-ish combo attack. After that, get some space and use the Strong Attack. This activates a sort of shield worth 4 hearts for 5 minutes. Any damage you take that the shield blocks doesn't count towards the damage taken rank. This also counts for Skulltulas.

You can refresh this by performing the Water strong attack again.

Worth noting if you're struggling with an A rank.

It's not beating them, it's fucking finding them. I was all on my own on a map bit where the music went low to enhance the noise, couldn't see it anywhere. Cut down every blade of grass, bombed every wall. Nothing.

Fuck 'em. S'last time I look for them.

It's not beating them, it's fucking finding them. I was all on my own on a map bit where the music went low to enhance the noise, couldn't see it anywhere. Cut down every blade of grass, bombed every wall. Nothing.

Fuck 'em. S'last time I look for them.

As long as you have 50 or more, you don't need to get them.

50 get you all the potions in the apothecary and the yellow potion.

What is this move you speak of?

Okay, I think some of the confusion is you're saying different button combinations than me. B is attack, Y is heavy attack, x when the yellow bar is full