NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

So much content...

I'm barely touching master/twilight map and am focusing on clearing normal Adventure Mode but seeing as my warriors are all between 26 (Darunia/wizzro who I never use) and 54 (link and Zelda) it's pretty hard. Still can't get an A in Zeldas mission needed to unlock the square in which you acquire the first Great Fairy! Keep taking silly damage accidentally...

Just tried Agitha's mission for the Princess Parasol where you can't move for Dinolfos.. What the frack? She's so tricky to use (I really like her actually!) but to not take serious damage is asking a bit much. I appreciate I'm under levelled though.

How did everyone else reach these high levels? Just grinding away on higher intensity legend modes etc?

When you create a new potion, does it only work for the next level? And do you have to drink the potion or does it just help the whole level? Also, if you accidentally click back after creating the potion for a character and go back, does it remember or do you have to do it again?!

When you create a new potion, does it only work for the next level? And do you have to drink the potion or does it just help the whole level? Also, if you accidentally click back after creating the potion for a character and go back, does it remember or do you have to do it again?!

Only works for next level.

You don't have to drink it.

Don't worry, it remembers. Unless you flat out turn the console off or play a different game.

Just tried Agitha's mission for the Princess Parasol where you can't move for Dinolfos.. What the frack? She's so tricky to use (I really like her actually!) but to not take serious damage is asking a bit much. I appreciate I'm under levelled though.

How did everyone else reach these high levels? Just grinding away on higher intensity legend modes etc?

Agitha is definitely a niche character. Good on you for not dismissing her as useless.

It's a shame that Dinolfos are strong against light. But they are weak against Lightning. And the cool thing about Agitha is that she can use both!

For reference sake, my Agitha was around Lv 55 when I A ranked this brutal mission. The trick to dealing with Dinolfos is to make some distance between you and them, then use Agitha's strong attack to ride the giant Butterfly. Agitha is completely invincible once it activates. Then use 3 Y attacks and finish with an X attack. As soon as you can, dodge out of the end animation, run away and repeat.

This attack counts as Lightning and is much preferable when dealing with Dinolfos/Lizalfos. Unfortunately, it's useless on playable characters like Link.

Once you have the pattern down, it's more than do-able to finish with minutes to spare.

I have never actually gone out of my way to grind characters. I always do a quest where I can get some kind of reward and use the training dojo when I get a lot of money.

I've got 3 more weapon quests to do on the Twilight Map and my characters range from 91 to 117.

Edited by Glen-i
Automerged Doublepost

This game is awesome. I wish this was how the standard Zelda games played, I'd enjoy them a lot more!

This game is awesome. I wish this was how the standard Zelda games played, I'd enjoy them a lot more!

Just no. Never should that happen.

As a spin off, this game is a lot of fun!

Ooooh... I can feel the impending backlash stampeding it's way here.

EDIT: Bloody hell, it got here while I was typing that!

If this is what you want from a Zelda game, Then perhaps Zelda isn't really for you.

Yes, sorry, I apologise for that. You're probably right though, I keep buying Zelda games because of the hype and then struggling to finish them.

Love thus game though. I love wading through hordes of underlings killings hundreds left right and centre. Feels like a proper hero of time. None of this hitting a naughty plant with a stick business.

Then it wouldn't be Zelda.

I love wading through hordes of underlings killings hundreds left right and centre. Feels like a proper hero of time. None of this hitting a naughty plant with a stick business.

Silly Dr. Bob! You hit the plants with Bow and Arrows!

A detailed look at Hyrule Warrior's sales

sdsaf_zpsb0d33cc4(1).jpg

Wii U

Hyrule Warriors ~130k

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper ~35k

Fist of the North Star 2 ~15k

Wii

Samurai Warriors Katana - 35k

Samurai Warriors 3 - 320k

Samurai Warriors 3XL - 80k

New IP Musou - sales in Japan for first game

340k - Dynasty Warriors 2

1060k - Samurai Warriors

670k - Warriors Orochi (excl PSP/PC)

660k - Dynasty Warriors Gundam (inc PS2)

660k - Fist of the North Star

70k - Warriors Legends of Troy

860k - One Piece Pirate Warriors

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/245865-a-detailed-look-at-hyrule-warrior-s-sales

Nintendo have to be happy with how this game has sold so far withstanding Japan of course which even still is o.k I guess.

I have been enjoying this game but my characters are really low levelled.

Unsure if I can be bothered grinding to level them up.

That's one thing hindering my progress

That's one thing hindering my progress

Don't you guys use Rupee's to level them up?

I borrowed my mates copy yesterday and really enjoyed the initial missions, gonna go through this game bit by bit.

Don't you guys use Rupee's to level them up?

I borrowed my mates copy yesterday and really enjoyed the initial missions, gonna go through this game bit by bit.

Earning enough rupees is a grind. To get up 1 level is at least 100k after Level 50. It's a pain.

It's so clumsy, it's game ruining. And completely unnecessary too!! Could've been streamlined so much and been infinitely better for it; I'm still enjoying going through the maps, amiibo helps too, but I know I'll get bored with it soon.

And the DLC is generous, but more maps doesn't fill me with joy to be honest. I'd prefer story side quests like the first DLC than a map

Thing is, you can't do much of Adventure Mode without levelling up your characters. Having done Legend Mode the thought of repeatedly doing the same thing over and over again so that I can play a lot of another mode doesn't fill me up with much joy.

Well, maybe it's just me, but I've never had to grind much.

I just went out of my way to make sure everyone was around the same level.

I also never restart a mission, even when I know I've messed up. Otherwise, you lose experience.

Focus on getting the Skulltulas on hard Legend mode first, that will help get your lower levelled characters up to scratch. And get EXP+ and Rupee+ on as many weapons as you can. They help a lot.

Take advantage of Network Links, each one rewards you with 50,000 rupees and tend to give high experience. (Within reason, don't go attempting ones around 20 levels higher than you.)

Turn them on in Settings

Just don't do the Twilight Map until you've got most of the other 2 maps done. That map is hard!

It can be frustrating but I enjoy the challenge, thus far. It is pissing me off how many times I've done 8-2 on adventure mode (wins a new baton for zelda, need an A to open next square to Great Fairy) - keep taking just a little too much damage. My Zelda is level 62 (highest alongside Link) but the only weapon I have of 420 strength for her is Dominon Rod which tends to leave her rather open. It's damn Wizzro... Still haven't mastered avoiding his attacks!

Thing is, you can't do much of Adventure Mode without levelling up your characters. Having done Legend Mode the thought of repeatedly doing the same thing over and over again so that I can play a lot of another mode doesn't fill me up with much joy.

I haven't done any grinding and I've done most of the first map, loads missing. Now going through legend on hard and picking up all The hearts and skulltulas, quite emjoying that. Still pretty easy (not a huge fan of hard games).

You got any amiibo? They do some of the grinding for you which is good and I iust do a weapon drop potion every time to help with rupees (through selling weapons).

All my characters are lv85+ now, and I've never played purely to level up. The only time I've replayed a level with nothing to gain was speeding up the 25000 skill unlock. I've just used whoever unlocked the reward on each stage and then levelled everyone in the dojo when possible. Getting the badges unlocked also really helps, probably more than levelling up for some like the ones that speed up taking keeps or taking down the bosses.

The great thing about the adventure maps is that there are so many levels that there's always something you can do that is achievable. If you reach a sticking point on one, then switching to a different map for a while usually levels you up enough to go back later and clear the problem. I actually like the way it's done as it gives you a real sense of what you're achieving. You're also forced to slowly master the movesets and items. I've had a few "eureka" moments when I've finally realised a particular move is key to a level.

It has started to become a bit more of a chore lately, but that's mainly because I don't have much to unlock outside the twilight map, which as Glen-i said can be pretty tough. I just don't need yet more hearts for a character that already has dozens of them, especially since you can usually only lose a few if you want the rewards.

The only time I've replayed a level with nothing to gain was speeding up the 25000 skill unlock.
Is it worth going for those 25k skills on the other character's weapons? I did the one for the Master Sword, but not bothered with any others. :hmm:

Managed to get Link up to Lv. 150 on this at last though (in time for the cap to be increased again :hehe:), I'm guessing they'll up it to Lv. 200 this time.

Can't wait to find out how Tingle plays in this. :bouncy:

Is it worth going for those 25k skills on the other character's weapons? I did the one for the Master Sword, but not bothered with any others. :hmm:

I wouldn't go out of your way to do it. But I wouldn't say don't bother either.

What I'm doing is just using those when I happen to be using whatever character/weapon has it.

All that skill does is boost the base power of a weapon to 300.

What that means is if you have a 5-star weapon and transfer it to that it'll be 450, instead of the general 420 a Level 3, 5-star weapon has.

Helpful, definitely, but not worth repeating quests you've already cleared just to unlock it.

Your Link may be Level 150, but at least half of my characters have that skill unlocked! And they're more balanced! (95-125 now) I'll be laughing in the long run!

Oh, BTW. Regarding the Majora's Mask Pack.

Along with the characters and 3 initial costumes, the Termina Map apparently has 6 8-Bit weapons and 16 extra costumes.

The intriguing thing about the costumes is that they're apparently based off of the masks you could get in Majora's Mask. Wonder who's gonna be the unlucky character who gets the Mask of Scents one?

As for the 6 8-Bit Weapons, we know there's an 8-bit Great Fairy, but I'm struggling to think of much more they could use...

So far we have...

Wooden Sword (Link - Hylian Sword)

Candle (Link - Magic Rod)

Something that replaces Link's Gauntlets (Haven't unlocked it yet, I'm guessing a Bomb)

Boomerang (Impa - Giant Blade)

Stepladder (Sheik)

Book of Magic (Lana - Sorcerer's Tome)

Magic Rod (Lana - Spear)

White Sword (Zelda - Rapier)

Keys (Ganondorf - Also includes the Magic Key)

Red Ring (Midna)

Rupee (Agitha)

Magic Boomerangs (Zant)

Silver Arrow (Fi)

Arrow (Girahim)

So what's left over has to replace either...

Impa's Naginata

Lana's Summoning Gate (It'd be awesome if this was an 8-Bit Raft!)

Zelda's Baton

Darunia's Hammer (Maybe a Bottle of Potion?)

Ruto's Zora Scale (I think the Blue Ring would go here)

Cia's Scepter

Volga's Spear

Wizzro's Ring

Tingle's Balloon

Young Link's Kokiri Sword

I think it's safe to say the Horse, Spinner, Dominion Rod and Twili Midna aren't going to get one, because they're part of other packs/only available through Amiibo.

I'd put my money on the first 5 weapons in that list getting 8-bit variations. No idea what the last 2 could be though...

Edited by Glen-i

Koei Tecmo Announces Shipments Top One Million For Hyrule Warriors

Japanese publisher and developer Koei Tecmo has announced Hyrule Warriors has topped one million shipment units worldwide. As of today, the Zelda come Dynasty Warriors mash-up title has reached the remarkable milestone from cumulative shipments in North America, Europe and Japan. Though the game has yet to top sales of that number, the publisher has celebrated by giving fans the opportunity to download some exclusive Hyrule Warriors wallpapers on its official website, here.

Earlier this week, we reported that Hyrule Warriors was one of Koei Tecmo’s most successful games in the US, taking more than double the sales seen for any other Dynasty Warriors game in its first month. The game’s next DLC pack, which includes Majora’s Mask items and costumes, will be available on February 5, along with version update 1.5.0.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/27/koei-tecmo-announces-shipments-top-one-million-for-hyrule-warriors/

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201501270048/

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/wallpaper.html

Good stuff. 3rd parties take note.

Fantastic news! Thoroughly deserved.

If anything, I hope this encourages Koei Tecmo to think about doing more DLC.

The portable Zeldas need a bit more love. (Yes, I still want playable Ricky)

Hyrule Warriors Majora’s Mask DLC Trailer(Japan)

The Hyrule Warriors Majora’s Mask Pack is now available in Japan as is the update 1.5.0.

Screenshots from the Majora’s Mask DLC.

B8e0pClCIAAroWM.jpg:large

B8e0oRmCAAMn926.jpg:large

B8e0o2CCIAAZNKv.jpg:large

B8e7-dFCcAAEX_G.jpg:large

HWA.jpg?size=1024

HWB.jpg?size=1024

HWC.jpg?size=1024

HWD.jpg?size=1024

HWE.jpg?size=1024

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost