NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

Now wondering whats the story with challenge mode? Can you unlock other scenarios?

Do you need to complete all Challenges in that first one to get more?

I completed 3, then failed the 4th which caused more enemy troops to appear but once I beat the comanders it said Victory but unlocked no more challenge mode levels?

In adventure mode, how are some locked? I don't really get it. Also, the golden skulltulas, do you just have to find them in the levels?

Also, with the smithy. There are loads of weapons which are useless to me. Anyway of selling them?

In adventure mode, how are some locked? I don't really get it. Also, the golden skulltulas, do you just have to find them in the levels?

Also, with the smithy. There are loads of weapons which are useless to me. Anyway of selling them?

I think you have to progress through a certain number of legend mode levels to unlock maps/characters etc. Not 100% sure myself though

Okay, I must be doing somehting wrong, I'm on th 4th level, I can't do it. I'm doing everything as quickly as possible, but I just seem to fail, I'm fighting manhandla, but the bad is being attacked... The base always falls before it an finish... What am I doitn wrong?

So i've been playing this morning after getting it for my birthday. I've done a couple of missions on Legend mode and a few on Adventure.

It's ok. The graphics are average, nothing special so far. The music is great though, full of nostalgic Zelda tunes which is nice! The gameplay is completely repetitive and so far there is no depth to it. It isn't a bad game but unless there is some depth I can see myself getting bored. I'm sure when I get myself involved with the other modes and spend a bit more time on the game then I may change my mind.

The non inclusion of online co-op multiplayer hurts this game. It would be absolutely amazing working together with mates to beat the bosses and complete the missions. It's screaming for online co-op. Such a shame.

It's not a bad game and I can see it becoming really addictive. Similar to how I feel about Destiny - boring but addictive. Although Raid Mode has changed my mind about that to be honest - so much fun!

Anyway back to Hyrule Warriors - after briefly playing it I wouldn't have bought it without the Zelda skin on.

This game is different to what I expected, I thought I'd really like it, and it'll slowly bore me. Well I thought it was great when I first played, but the more I play I love it more; there is so much to do, it's all the same kind of thing, but the objectives are different I don't care - the new characters, the weapons, the costumes, it being wrapped in Zelda is what makes it, but I'm loving the game to be honest. And it's harder than I expected too!

Though any help with level 4 would be good, I've done all adventure and challenge levels until I get further in legend mode... Just don't understand what Im doing wrong. Not dying, just my allied base keeps getting taken.

It is irritating this isn't online, multiplayer will be amazing, so looking forward to a gaming weekend, but would be perfect to have online to battle through it all!

Though any help with level 4 would be good, I've done all adventure and challenge levels until I get further in legend mode... Just don't understand what Im doing wrong. Not dying, just my allied base keeps getting taken.

Losing the base is always a fail condition, so it's important to prioritise defending it over the missions. Keep an eye on the map, and if there's a lot of red round base, leave what you're doing and get back there. Taking over all the nearby bases and checkpoints gives you a bit of a defensive buffer, so it's usually a good idea to start every level by doing that. Keeping your allies alive also helps, so if you get a message saying they are in trouble, go straight to help them.

If your base is under heavy attack, concentrate on taking out the higher level enemies with the red map dots as they do most of the damage. If the health bar on the base is low, you need to eliminate every enemy in the base before it starts to recover. On level 4 the boss attacks the base with seeds which you can't defend against, so make sure the base is in good health before he appears. It's probably a good idea to secure the rest of the map before you start the boss fight. Then just take him out as quickly as you can. Hope that helps and good luck!

Losing the base is always a fail condition, so it's important to prioritise defending it over the missions. Keep an eye on the map, and if there's a lot of red round base, leave what you're doing and get back there. Taking over all the nearby bases and checkpoints gives you a bit of a defensive buffer, so it's usually a good idea to start every level by doing that. Keeping your allies alive also helps, so if you get a message saying they are in trouble, go straight to help them.

If your base is under heavy attack, concentrate on taking out the higher level enemies with the red map dots as they do most of the damage. If the health bar on the base is low, you need to eliminate every enemy in the base before it starts to recover. On level 4 the boss attacks the base with seeds which you can't defend against, so make sure the base is in good health before he appears. It's probably a good idea to secure the rest of the map before you start the boss fight. Then just take him out as quickly as you can. Hope that helps and good luck!

Cheers for this, I ended up doing it last night, quite easily and sort of doing what you said, before I kicked in the end level boss, I just went around and dominated the field, did it quite easily after that. I just find it weird that Zelda, Link and Impa aren't just a little better :)

This game would be so much better in 2 player! Saying that, still absolutely loving it, one of my favourite games of the year!

Got Ganondorf up to Level 82. Hopefully I can now get past the wall where almost all the stages are using him and have hit sponges as enemies.

Got Ganondorf up to Level 82. Hopefully I can now get past the wall where almost all the stages are using him and have hit sponges as enemies.

82? Bloody hell! And here I thought My Level 56 Link was overkill...

82? Bloody hell! And here I thought My Level 56 Link was overkill...

These enemies are sponges, and I have to A Rank to get Ganondorf's Level 3 weapon, and to proceed.

These enemies are sponges, and I have to A Rank to get Ganondorf's Level 3 weapon, and to proceed.

Oh that? I did that with a Level Forty-something Ganny.

How? I might have had a bit of help from someone on this forum.

Oh that? I did that with a Level Forty-something Ganny.

How? I might have had a bit of help from someone on this forum.

Well hopefully Level 82 makes it easier for me :p

Still absolutely loving this game. The one thing that's annoying me though, is it not giving you the parameters for gold. I always fall short on kills but have no idea how many to get before I finish it. Ruining Accenture mode a little for me to be honest...

Still absolutely loving this game. The one thing that's annoying me though, is it not giving you the parameters for gold. I always fall short on kills but have no idea how many to get before I finish it. Ruining Accenture mode a little for me to be honest...

1200 is the minimum usually and 15 minutes for the clear time. Obviously they don't apply to certain missions.

What item do I need to unlock Agitha?

I helped your Link out the other day!

I love this game, it's probably the most addictive game I've played in years and it's soooo big it's unreal. I have finished Legend and am now battling trying to unlock everything in Adventure mode!

I'm loving it still, but I got into a grind cycle to level up the other characters, which is killing the fun a bit.

I helped your Link out the other day!

I love this game, it's probably the most addictive game I've played in years and it's soooo big it's unreal. I have finished Legend and am now battling trying to unlock everything in Adventure mode!

It was you was it, got a message yesterday saying someone helped me out. Why wouldn't it tell you WHO it was, small detail but would add something to it.

Yeah, it's really weird, it's button mashing central, but even the slight shift on objective (which is still essentially the same thing) give it enough to keep it fun. Such a surprising game. DLC week this week too and I'm nowhere near finishing what's there now!

I got bored of this pretty quickly, the music was the best part but I just didn't want to keep playing. Shame really. Maybe I'll pick it back up one day.

Beat the main storyline yesterday just as things started to get a little samey. Good length. Had a lot of fun with this title, way more than expected.

So yesterday, I finished the Boss Rush Illustration.

Man, that mission is brutal! Fighting giant bosses 3 at a time is bloody horrid! Died twice trying to do that! Still only managed to get a B rank. Imprisoned + King Dodongo + Ganon is one annoying combo!

Didn't get anything for doing it.

Hey @Sprout, I take you only can get 2 costumes from the rewards map?

Hey Sprout, I take you only can get 2 blanks from the blankety blank?
From my time with the game, yeah, just the two. That said, I didn't get A Rank on all of them, so not sure if there's an extra bonus for that (I doubt it, though).

Haven't been playing this recently (because, y'know, Smash Bros.), but I'm sure I'll be trying out that DLC that comes out tomorrow.

Hyrule Warriors Master Quest Pack DLC Trailer

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

Epona really is tricky to get to grips with. So fast making it harder to properly attack.

Having a blast though

Fucking hell, Nintendo. Not impressed at all. :mad:

First of all, Standby functions on the Wii U simply do not work. icon13.gif Or at least not on my system.

I thought it was strange how I've had to manually update software ever since the introduction of standby connection, but heard it was due to it not being compatible with older titles that predate the feature. Well, this isn't an older title, yet it still doesn't update automatically. :indeed:

So, I go to update manually, and what happens? This happens:

XHsYLah.jpg

And not once, but twice! :shakehead

The error message said "The USB storage device has been disconnected", interesting I thought, seeing as it hadn't. But even more so because the destination of the update was the bloody System memory!:

R1KbWIC.jpg

Eventually I realised that my external hard drive was shutting down while the update was installing, and this was (for some inexplicable reason ::shrug:) causing the Wii U to crash.

In the end (and after some Googling) I had to disable the sleep feature of the hard drive by going into a hidden option (and God only knows why this is hidden) in the Wii U system settings (accessed by holding down on the D-Pad and the +/- buttons) and then on the third attempt the update installed correctly. :zzz:

But yeah, if the hard drive wasn't being used for shit, why in the hell was it effecting this update? :blank:

Absolutely ridiculous. icon13.gif

Epona really is tricky to get to grips with. So fast making it harder to properly attack.

Having a blast though

I almost didn't feel like even playing after spending so long trying to update, but I just gave it a go, and yeah... Epona is mental. :laughing:

So twitchy. I did one of the defeat 300 enemy levels, and it was a piece of piss. :hehe: