NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

Announcement =/= production time. If so, then Hyrule Warriors would have been in production for longer than Super Mario 3D World.

That review is an opinion piece with no source for that information. It's no more valid than what I have to say about the game.

Hyrule Warriors had a 1.5 year dev cycle...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/06/21/hyrule-warriors-interview-breaking-down-the-dynasty-warriors-and-zelda-overlap.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

That's pretty short, but it had a much larger team than most Dynasty Warrior games as it was also co-developed by Team Ninja (who specifically worked on the 1 vs 1 encounters, the lock-on system and the giant boss battles like King Dodongo).

Either way, we know that the paid DLC isn't on disc because it's not due to be released in complete form until February next year. They have no reason to want to keep it back that long as they're gonna want as many people to buy the game as quickly as possible.

The pre-order costumes however ARE on the disc.

Hyrule Warriors had a 1.5 year dev cycle...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/06/21/hyrule-warriors-interview-breaking-down-the-dynasty-warriors-and-zelda-overlap.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

That's pretty short, but it had a much larger team than most Dynasty Warrior games as it was also co-developed by Team Ninja (who specifically worked on the 1 vs 1 encounters, the lock-on system and the giant boss battles like King Dodongo).

Either way, we know that the paid DLC isn't on disc because it's not due to be released in complete form until February next year. They have no reason to want to keep it back that long as they're gonna want as many people to buy the game as quickly as possible.

The pre-order costumes however ARE on the disc.

Yep, it had to be short because when they were proposing Hyrule Warriors they showed One Piece: Pirate Warriors as an example of what it would feel like and that came out in both March and September in Japan and Europe respectively.

Edit: Sorry silly me, I should have said in 2012.

Edited by Wii

The costumes appear to be, but the actual DLC? No.

I'm referring to the free DLC with makes the three villains playable. Most of the resources will be on the disc.

I'm referring to the free DLC with makes the three villains playable. Most of the resources will be on the disc.

That's not DLC though. That's part of a patch.

So was a large amount of Burnout Paradise's DLC, but it's still referred to as DLC as it adds content.

(Also, I'm not saying that it's a bad thing at all)

That's all just semantics. It's still DLC, because it's adding new content into the game. The character models and some of the animations might already be there, but they don't have a full playable moveset yet.

It's nothing to get defensive about, hell it's free! That's awesome!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKloz_Bu3g

zlCfzSfI1ooUlB8OjM

Hello to everyone in Europe and Oceania! This is Eiji Aonuma, the Supervisor of Hyrule Warriors.

I recently made an announcement to our fans in the Americas, to tell them a little bit about the downloadable content that we're planning to release for Hyrule Warriors. Today I'd like to share the same information with all of you too.

More details regarding the DLC will be revealed soon, on the Hyrule Warriors website among other places. Today, however, I'd like to give you a sneak preview of one particular aspect of it - a new weapon type that is going to be part of the Master Quest Pack (which will be the first DLC pack to be released).

You're probably wondering what that weapon might be, and I'm sure the answer will surprise some of you. The weapon is...Epona!

It may seem strange to think of Epona as a "weapon", but in Hyrule Warriors, she can team up with Link to attack enemies! I've already had a chance to try her out in the game and it felt great, using her to blow hordes of enemies away and galloping with her swiftly across the fields. I had a lot of fun trying out this re-imagined version of her in Hyrule Warriors. For example, in the Zelda series, players have never had a chance to fight giant bosses while galloping around them on Epona like you can in Hyrule Warriors. I hope fans will enjoy playing as familiar characters in a game that has a different type of action to what you would typically find in the The Legend of Zelda series.

In addition to Epona, the DLC will include other content as well, like new scenarios and costumes that will further expand your gaming experience. If you're interested, you can check it out in the Nintendo eShop. I hope these download packs will help to deepen and expand your enjoyment of Hyrule Warriors.

We're planning to release the Master Quest Pack on 16th October, in Europe, America and Japan simultaneously!

Was thinking about the DLC earlier, I think a Linkle or Hero's Shade skins for Link would be pretty cool.

Just tried Hard mode to get the last two Skultullas for the first illustration, unlocked a new map in Adventure Mode, guess the DLC maps will be something similar...

It's called teh "Rewards Map"? So I assume does that mean finishing levels on it yeilds more rewards?

Also I tried the first level on Hero mode as I didn't feel there was much of a jump in difficulty from Normal to Hard (though likely due to the level of my characters I guess?) and damn Hero mode is tough! just taking out normal enimies takes some doing, barely scratched health off of Volga and died :heh:

zlCfzSfI1ooUlB8OjM

Awesome!

Link gets so many bloody weapons though!

It may seem strange to think of Epona as a "weapon"

Trust me, Epona is not nearly as strange as some of the other weapons!

The Wind Waker comes to mind.

But one that really takes the cake...

I just unlocked this little beauty for Lana.

It's the Gate of Time from Skyward Sword! Who thought of using that!? That guy needs a promotion.

Also, DANCING! Yeah, this weapon was SO worth the effort I had to put in to get it.

EDIT: Yeah, it was shown in a Direct. I didn't see it though.

Edited by Glen-i

About bloody time!! :bouncy:

Yeah, I finally received a Friend Bonus:

rSNhhIt.jpg

:yay:

Can't believe how long it took though... over 40 hours! :o

Oh well, at least I know it ain't broken now. :heh:

By the way...

Also I may have got it, I got a pop up as I was about to select a level, but as I was about to select one, I had already pressed the A button by the time it appeared
Same, I think it's just items (candles, compasses, bombs etc.) so it's nothing huge, the biggest rewards are from playing the network links you find on your own map from what I can tell
Nope, there's no way you could skip it accidentally by pressing A (at least only once) because after the first notification pops up, you get this:

sM1OLpK.jpg

And then this:

f8Sbokr.jpg

50k Ruppees and an EXP bonus! :awesome:

Shame it doesn't mention who it was that helped you, but whoever that person was, thanks. :grin:

: peace:

rSNhhIt.jpg

By the way...

Nope, there's no way you could skip it accidentally by pressing A (at least only once) because after the first notification pops up, you get this:

sM1OLpK.jpg

And then this:

f8Sbokr.jpg

Shame it doesn't mention who it was that helped you, but whoever that person was, thanks. :grin:

I was playing on gamepad only.. so I pressed A... nothing happened.. pressed A.. nothing happened.... Then I turned on the tv and saw I had received a candle. Thanks for letting me see what I missed though :D

I'm not sure if I'd not have preferred your 50k to my candle though!

Edited by Pestneb

I was playing on gamepad only.. so I pressed A... nothing happened.. pressed A.. nothing happened.... Then I turned on the tv and saw I had received a candle. Thanks for letting me see what I missed though :D

I'm not sure if I'd not have preferred your 50k to my candle though!

No worries. :hehe:

It's pretty weird how the game actually gives you an option to decline the Friend Bonus, why the hell would anyone want to do that? :blank:

50k, or even just a crappy candle... I still want it. :heh:

No worries. :hehe:

It's pretty weird how the game actually gives you an option to decline the Friend Bonus, why the hell would anyone want to do that? :blank:

50k, or even just a crappy candle... I still want it. :heh:

I suppose some people might want to feel they did it all on their own without any help at all?

All I can say is that I am glad I inadvertently chose to accept it :D

Just unlocked the Rewards Map.

Now I'm even more excited for the DLC Adventure Maps. Sweet jesus this game is going to be played for a LONG time.

This game is going to take forever to 100%

Just unlocked the Rewards Map.

Now I'm even more excited for the DLC Adventure Maps. Sweet jesus this game is going to be played for a LONG time.

This game is going to take forever to 100%

I wonder if the 3 DLC Adventure Maps are going to feature 128 screens like the current one? :o Because that would be absolutely insane if so, not to mention incredibly great value. :)

I'm also curious as to what the new game modes could be in February's "Boss Pack".

Some kind of Boss Rush mode is pretty likely, but imagine if it's also...

Online Co-Op!

;)

Never thought I'd become a fan of DLC, but the way Nintendo are going about things now is definitely changing my opinion. The additional content in Mario Golf was fantastic, this is getting some really great stuff, and MK8... man, that almost feels like we're getting a new MK game entirely! Seriously hyped for that one. :bouncy:

If this is how Nintendo are going to continue to handle DLC in the future, then I'm all for it.

rSNhhIt.jpg

By the way...

sM1OLpK.jpg

And then this:

f8Sbokr.jpg

I bumped into you last night and helped you out. It could well have been me. It said that your link character was level 46 or something and it made the mission soooo difficult as I'm only around level 30. Wonder if somebody else's level effects the difficulty of that mission?

Wonder if somebody else's level effects the difficulty of that mission?
It does, yeah.

I've attempted several LV.99 ones before, but not completed any of them. :grin:

Is there maintenance at the moment? I've just gotten on my Wii U to play a bit of Hyrule Warriors and have noticed that none of the online services are working as it's prompting me to read the latest Nintendo network agreement but then doesn't seem to be showing me where it is, I'm a bit perplexed as I don't recall this happening before. :heh:

Well I've found the agreement but it can't connect to let me read it, oh joy! :indeed:

Ah maintenance it is then, oh well.

Edited by S.C.G

I wonder if the 3 DLC Adventure Maps are going to feature 128 screens like the current one? :o Because that would be absolutely insane if so, not to mention incredibly great value. :)

I'm also curious as to what the new game modes could be in February's "Boss Pack".

Some kind of Boss Rush mode is pretty likely, but imagine if it's also...

Online Co-Op!

;)

Never thought I'd become a fan of DLC, but the way Nintendo are going about things now is definitely changing my opinion. The additional content in Mario Golf was fantastic, this is getting some really great stuff, and MK8... man, that almost feels like we're getting a new MK game entirely! Seriously hyped for that one. :bouncy:

If this is how Nintendo are going to continue to handle DLC in the future, then I'm all for it.

Yeah, I'm hoping that the modes are that, but I know it won't be

Is there maintenance at the moment? I've just gotten on my Wii U to play a bit of Hyrule Warriors and have noticed that none of the online services are working as it's prompting me to read the latest Nintendo network agreement but then doesn't seem to be showing me where it is, I'm a bit perplexed as I don't recall this happening before. :heh:

Well I've found the agreement but it can't connect to let me read it, oh joy! :indeed:

Ah maintenance it is then, oh well.

Yeah, the eShop is down for maintenance for the next couple of hours

Playable Cia trailer

DLC update #1 details

Epona (sold separately for 500 Yen)

epona_00_b.jpg

Black Witch Scenario (Sold separately for 500 Yen)

1016_ss01_b.jpg1016_ss02_b.jpg

The story of the Black Witch, Cia that went untold in the original tale.

Chronicles five stories that occur in tandem with the original story, including her meeting with Valga and Wizro as well as her approach on Hyrule Castle.

What is waiting fer her at the end of this tale...

Adventure Map - Back Map (Sold separately for 500 yen)

1016_ss03_b.jpg1016_ss04_b.jpg

Adventure mode gets a new challenge-style map.

Adds 'Master Quest' rules from not being able to heal, to not being able to use items.

You can discover Cia, Valga, and Wizro's higher rank weapons as your reward.

There's also other new ranks of weapons as well as 'Master Quest' style rewards to be found.

Costume (Sold separately for 200 yen)

1016_lana_b.jpg1016_cia_b.jpg

Two costume set, one for Lana, one for Cia.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

I've just been picking away at this over the last week and started to put a bit more time into it over the weekend. Last night I finished Legend mode and the credits rolled.

I still have so much to do though. I only dabbled with adventure mode, so there's that to crack on with. I still have heart pieces to collect from the various stages. I did manage to get all the skulltulas on my first run through but I see that there are a whole other set unlocked now! There's then weapons to unlock, characters to level up....this game is certainly going to have some legs. :D

I thought the story was great as well. Despite the shoddy mumbles for voice acting the quality of the cutscenes were fantastic. It really did a good job of telling the story, as did the little narration at the start of each stage.

Hell of a game! I'm a fan of the DW series anyway but having the Zelda goodness layered on top was just fantastic. This game is pure fan service, with nods to a lot of the games in the series.

I opened my guide book last night and had a look through the art pages. Man, some of the designs they were going to use for the characters were pretty sweet. All of the Impa ones looked just as amazing as her final design. I :heart: Impa.

Japan got the DLC early :(

New Adventure Map:

zlCfzSfsfWMOtTrITZ

Lots of costumes to unlock, it seems.

Oh snap! It IS a brand new full size map!? :o

Insane! (and this is only 1/4 of the full lot of DLC!?)

Edited by Dcubed