NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

I don't think we're missing out by not getting that alarm clock :p

BUT...

The best thing to come out of that for me was that female Link concept art!

Made me think that a choose your gender/customise your character in the next main Zelda game could really work!

The best thing to come out of that for me was that female Link concept art!

Made me think that a choose your gender/customise your character in the next main Zelda game could really work!

Apparently that's not concept art for a female link at all, but rather Link's daughter :confused:

Apparently that's not concept art for a female link at all, but rather Link's daughter :confused:

Same difference. They came up with the concept of a female Link, and then had to come up with a in-story explanation as to why she existed: she's a relative of his.

I wonder if they would've gone through with a "Darunia's daughter", if they had the chance.

So I've put over twenty hours into this so far (a lot of which was in the adventure mode, by the way), and still enjoying it, even if it still is very repetitive, especially when it comes to fighting bosses, which take a long time to kill. I've unlocked all but two of the characters now, but I could see the rest of the Adventure mode taking at least another 20 hours, if not more (if, indeed, I complete it at all - there are some really tough challenges!). Still can't decide who my favourite characters are to play as - honestly, they all have their good points. I'm even developing an unexpected love for Fi, too, who's a lot of fun to use! I guess Darunia is my least favourite though, as his hammer is a little unwieldy.

One slight disappointment, though, is how the game seems to have fallen foul of Nintendo's recent 'reveal pretty much everything before release' policy. Before playing, I'd only really seen stuff from E3 and the Direct, but there's been very, very little that I hadn't already seen / heard about, especially when it comes to nostalgic nods to other Zelda games.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys are going to have a lot of fun with this when it comes out in a few weeks. :)

I've unlocked all but two of the characters now
Have you unlocked...

He's not in the game, is he? :cry:

Have you unlocked...

He's not in the game, is he? :cry:

Sadly no! Just unlocked Agitha, so only Zant to get now. Ganondorf is an absolute beast - he feels really powerful, just like he should. Definitely makes me wish he was more like that in Smash Bros!

Just pre-ordered. I really thought this looked like rubbish on the reveal, but it has really come together and looks great. Can't wait for this, Bayonetta and Smash this year.

I'm posting this here because it might affect Hyrule Warriors. Anyway, here's classy Capcom suing Koei Tecmo. Sure why would they make games when they sue other folks for money.

Koei Tecmo hit with patent infringement lawsuit from Capcom

Capcom is suing Koei Tecmo over a patent infringement, and Sankei has some of the details.

Here’s what we know:

- Capcom is suing due to the patent infringement in games such as Samurai Warriors: Xtreme Legends

- A total of 49 other titles are involved

- Suit is for 980 million yen (about $9.43 million)

- Lawsuit says Capcom filed a patent back in 2002 that involves a function that lets you acquire new content by combining an existing game with another piece of software

- It appears that Capcom is effectively referring to the idea of expansion packs, and the concept of importing content into the new version of a game

- Likely covers expansion discs as well since the patent was filed in 2002

- Another patent mentioned in the report is a controller-vibrating notification feature when enemy characters are nearby

- Capcom claims that the patent infringement “has greatly contributed to the sales” of Koei Tecmo’s titles

- Koei Tecmo has seen a profit of about 9.73 billion yen in total sales

- Capcom wants to acquire around 5 – 10% in license fees

- They’re also demanding the suspension of sales on several Tecmo Koei titles

http://nintendoeverything.com/koei-tecmo-hit-with-patent-infringement-lawsuit-from-capcom/#disqus_thread

Version 1.2.0 is out on September 1st

Includes a Challenge Mode and a new weapon

01_01_big.jpg01_02_big.jpg01_03_big.jpg01_04_big.jpg01_05_big.jpg01_06_big.jpg

Just when I thought this game couldn't get any better... it just did!

Dat 8-bit sword and shield! datass.gif

they should do an 8-bit link too, all minecraft like or something

Capcom....seriously patenting expansion packs? i'm pretty certain that they existed before you, and vibration near enemies......that also is not unique to you...

copyright trolling like this really really needs to stop

Fans of The Legend of Zelda series can also look forward to a 10% fan discount on Hyrule Warriors from the game’s release on 19th September 2014 until 26th September 2014. If a title from The Legend of Zelda series for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS has been downloaded before, Hyrule Warriors can be purchased on Nintendo eShop for just €44.99 / £35.99 instead of the regular price of €49.99 / £39.99.*

Fans of The Legend of Zelda series can also look forward to a 10% fan discount on Hyrule Warriors from the game’s release on 19th September 2014 until 26th September 2014. If a title from The Legend of Zelda series for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS has been downloaded before, Hyrule Warriors can be purchased on Nintendo eShop for just €44.99 / £35.99 instead of the regular price of €49.99 / £39.99.*

Still not as cheap as a retail copy of the game. Think i'm paying £31 for mine over on Shopto.

Still not as cheap as a retail copy of the game. Think i'm paying £31 for mine over on Shopto.

Yeah, even if you were looking to get the eShop version, GAME will be selling it for £31 (digital and physical are the same price there).

Good sale there, @Serebii.

I will be picking up the Oracle games as I have yet to purchase them.

I have to say, i'm loving all of these eShop sales at the moment, although my wallet isn't. :D

I'll have to check if I own Link's Awakening DX or not. I'll stick with my 20% physical version discount, though.

@Ike I know you like collecting game guides and didn't know if you knew about the hardcover guide for this game? It's over on Amazon. Just preordered myself a copy. :D

Good sale there, @Serebii.

I will be picking up the Oracle games as I have yet to purchase them.

I have to say, i'm loving all of these eShop sales at the moment, although my wallet isn't. :D

The Zelda GameBoy games are great!!