NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

It does seem strange that the other games in the series have online co-op yet this one, where Nintendo is somewhat involved, doesn't. It's easy to speculate that it may have something to do with Nintendo, especially given their half hearted approach to online gaming in recent times.

It does seem strange that the other games in the series have online co-op yet this one, where Nintendo is somewhat involved, doesn't. It's easy to speculate that it may have something to do with Nintendo, especially given their half hearted approach to online gaming in recent times.

A mate asked me whether I'll get this game so we could play this together online. I told him the game doesn't have online co-op.

His response: "What? Dynasty Warriors always had online co-op. Nintendo has done it again :indeed:"

Can't believe this is still over a month away for Europe. :blank: And I wouldn't be surprised if the PAL version is actually ready but getting a "strategic" delay similar to DKCTF/Captain Toad. :hmm:

A mate asked me whether I'll get this game so we could play this together online. I told him the game doesn't have online co-op.

His response: "What? Dynasty Warriors always had online co-op. Nintendo has done it again :indeed:"

Your friend is mistaken. Not all Dynasty Warriors games, even recently, have online co-op

I've just had a gander and from what I can tell all of these games had an online co-op mode. It looks like from 2011 they started putting the online modes in their games.

Dynasty Warriors 7 had 2 player online co-op.

Dynasty Warriors 8 had 2 player online co-op.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 had 4 player online co-op.

One Piece:Pirate Warriors had 2 player online co-op.

One Piece:Pirate Warriors 2 had 2 player online co-op.

Fist of the North Star 2 had 2 player online co-op

Some of the Samurai Warriors series also has online co-op as well.

Your friend is mistaken. Not all Dynasty Warriors games, even recently, have online co-op

He may have been wrong but given the list @Hero\-of\-Time provided online co-op has been present a lot. I can understand my mate's comment.

But this is supposed to be a Nintendo collaborative game, so you'd expect it to have features that a lot of the regular games have, wouldn't you?

I tried, but failed to get excited about this seeing as it's still a DW game. It was kinda cool at first to see what moves they'd give each character and which characters were in it, but the essential format for DW is so stale and repetitive. It also has some of the worst gameplay ever, where 99% of the enemies stand around and do nothing. I used to be somewhat ok with DW before, but it's the kind of game that you can easily get tired of quickly. DW Empires is probably the best take on DW format though as there's more of a purpose to it.

I hope they release a demo for this game, so I can test if I actually somewhat like the gameplay first. To be honest a demo should be a no brainer for any major WiiU game.

I'm ridiculously excited about being able to play as Zelda characters in an action game but the gameplay and graphics look horrendous at times. I'm still torn.

Does the game have local co-op?

I'm ridiculously excited about being able to play as Zelda characters in an action game but the gameplay and graphics look horrendous at times. I'm still torn.

Yeah, local gameplay is in this.

Yes, one person on TV, the other on Gamepad.

Which has me utterly sorted. As I can just play with DCubed.

Yeah it does, but the game takes a slight graphical hit in order to do it.

From Gametrailers live stream last night it looked repetitive and pretty boring.

It's gonna be different playing it, and probably makes a difference not watching an English language version, but I stopped watching out of boredom.

From Gametrailers live stream last night it looked repetitive and pretty boring.

It's gonna be different playing it, and probably makes a difference not watching an English language version, but I stopped watching out of boredom.

Yeah, I reckon this will be one of those games where half way through it'll just feel like 'whats the point?' Especially with out online play.

Its cool seeing all these characters but the process of unlocking/gameplay mechanics look extremely uniform/uninspired.

Yeah, I reckon this will be one of those games where half way through it'll just feel like 'whats the point?' Especially with out online play.

Its cool seeing all these characters but the process of unlocking/gameplay mechanics look extremely uniform/uninspired.

Yup, that's the Dynasty Warrior games for ya :D

Maybe I'll pick it up cheap. Oh wait, Nintendo games are never cheap :p

I've just been listening to the latest NVC on the way to work and Jose has been playing the japanese version of the game.

He says he's really enjoying it but essentially admits it's more because of the fan service rather than the gameplay. He goes on to say that he enjoys playing as Sheik but there are frame rate drops when using certain moves. He also says that both enemies and allies just stand there during combat, which has been discussed before on here.

Basically if you enjoy the DW series then you will enjoy this. If you don't care for repetitive gameplay but really enjoy the Zelda series then still pick it up. If you are looking for a deep and rewarding gameplay experience, this isn't going to be it.

I haven't seen that vid myself, but it looked fun on the Treehouse Live stream at least :)

Nice use of the hookshot to take shortcuts, some fun looking time management (what with you trying to run around and stop your opponents from taking bases - the guy playing even managed to fail here!), secrets to be found using bombs, bigger enemies posing a challenge unlike the brainless grunts...

Maybe these aspects don't really come into play until later on, but it looks like the time management stuff will make things fun - even if the enemies aren't going to pose much of a threat :)

For me, these games always make me feel invincible. Jose mentioned that you feel empowered when playing this. Yes, the enemies may just stand there on the lower difficulties but being able to slash through them with various movesets and weapons was always very satisfying.

Kills me that we still have to wait another month for this. :(

Just ramp the difficulty up :)

No need for me. If the enemies wanna just stand there then so be it. I will happily chop them all down. :D

Just ramp the difficulty up :)

Nope, even when you do that in DW, very few enemies still hit you (plus you can't do this for a while as it scales up enemy attack damage such that low level characters would die quick).

Been playing this for two or three hours this evening, and so far enjoying it. I haven't played any Dynasty Warriors games before, and this isn't exactly inspiring me to want to search out any more titles in the series, but as a piece of Zelda fan service, it really hits the spot. So far I've played with Link, Impa, Sheik and Lana, all of which are fun in their own way. I've also had a play about with fusing weapons and making badges, though I don't know the game well enough to say how much of a difference it makes to how strong you are because, like you've seen from videos, grunts don't offer that much resistance. I can certainly see it becoming repetitive at some point, but so far I'm having a blast playing through co-op with my wife.

Adventure mode is pretty cool too - looks like there's a heck of a lot to do on that if you're willing to put the time in.

Oh yeah, and the music is absolutely amazing - just the kind of remixes of classic tunes I hope to see more of in Smash Bros.. :heart:

Been playing this for two or three hours this evening, and so far enjoying it.

WHERE YOU GETTIN' DIT FROM?