NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

Dynasty Warrior games maybe have 100+ characters to unlock, but do those characters have the diverse move sets and attention given to them that these Zelda one's have? or are they just characters with [largely] the same moves?...

Don't these games usually have like 150 characters to unlock?

Each character has a number of different weapons that completely change how they fight.

At E3, Link was shown to have 4 weapon slots. So if we take the 13 character slots that screenshot shows, times it by 4... That's basically 52 characters.

I don't know about you, but 52 different fighting styles is A-OK with me!

(I'm assuming every character has 4 weapons.)

I love how this game started out as looking obscure, to surprisingly rich in depth. :)

Only to those who were clueless as to how the series works.

Each character has a number of different weapons that completely change how they fight.

At E3, Link was shown to have 4 weapon slots. So if we take the 13 character slots that screenshot shows, times it by 4... That's basically 52 characters.

I don't know about you, but 52 different fighting styles is A-OK with me!

(I'm assuming every character has 4 weapons.)

It's not like I'm acusing the game of being short on content. In this day and age, that is a LOT of unlockable content. Although it does seem that several weapons are used by multiple characters.

All I'm saying is that there's still a high likelyhood that there's considerably more content that could potentially be announced. I find it unlikely that they included Agitha (neither a popular character, nor even a remotely logical), when the Zelda universe is crammed full of other potential characters.

I haven't watched any of the new stuff in ages and have tried to avoid any of the scans kicking about.

To be honest I don't like this new approach Nintendo seem to have where they flood the interwebs with pics and footage. I felt the same when it came to how they handled Mario Kart. I think they just lacked a balance when it came to how much they were showing and I feel it's happening again.

I haven't watched any of the new stuff in ages and have tried to avoid any of the scans kicking about.

To be honest I don't like this new approach Nintendo seem to have where they flood the interwebs with pics and footage. I felt the same when it came to how they handled Mario Kart. I think they just lacked a balance when it came to how much they were showing and I feel it's happening again.

To be fair, Nintendo isn't doing this. The videos etc. all come from Koei Temco as they are publishing in Japan

To be honest, whilst I don't like the approach either (my anticipation for Brawl couldn't be lower), it is working in this instance.

There was a lot of scepticism surrounding this game, but the promotional material has turned it around. It was probably peoples original reaction to this game that prompted them to do this as well, as they weren't sure how it would sell.

Just out of interest....

...do you like ANYTHING that Nintendo are doing at the moment? Haha! :p

To be honest, whilst I don't like the approach either (my anticipation for Brawl couldn't be lower), it is working in this instance.

Nope, can't let this go without having a dig.

Well, if your anticipation for a 6 year old Wii game was actually high, I'd be incredibly worried about your priorities.

HA-CHA!

Just out of interest....

...do you like ANYTHING that Nintendo are doing at the moment? Haha! :p

No. I even hate it's fans. :D

In all seriousness it's a tricky balancing act as they need to get the word out and generate hype for the game ( it is their next big game after all ) but at the same time it ruins a lot of the surprises.

I have the same issue with Smash Bros. and did with Brawl when loads of stuff like characters, items and stages were shown well before release. Luckily with this game I have managed to avoid the trailers but it's a shame I know what characters are in the game. Hopefully there will be lots of hidden ones to unlock.

Nope, can't let this go without having a dig.

Well, if your anticipation for a 6 year old Wii game was actually high, I'd be incredibly worried about your priorities.

HA-CHA!

falcon-punch-o.gif

--

The weapons and movesets all the characters have in this game, really show the potential for that Zelda Fighting game @Fierce_LiNk brought up before.

Edited by Retro_Link

falcon-punch-o.gif

--

The weapons and movesets all the characters have in this game, really show the potential for that Zelda Fighting game @Fierce_LiNk brought up before.

I've always said a Zelda fighter would work, but in the style of Soul Caliber. This is not really what I had in mind. :D

@Fierce_LiNk Oh no I know, I meant as a 2D fighter. But it just shows much potential there is for movesets/specials/finishers.

Ah yeah, there's huge potential there. You could imagine having a Darknut in the game, they already look and move in a similar sort of way to Nightmare in the original anyway. We can dream. :D

Link has a fairy called Proxi? Wonder if she'll have a catchphrase.

Yeah that's weird, why isn't it Navi?

Also it's strange that Impa and Sheik don't know one another in this game.

It's not strange if they are in fact from alternate dimensions/ time zones

Any idea if the treasure box collectors edition is coming over here ?

If not where's the best place to pre order from japan please ?

Hyrule Warriors – Darunia Character Trailer

Video: A look at the Hyrule Warriors Premium Box/Treasure Box items

Edited by Wii

So the chest is basically what Game were doing with A Link Between Wolrds, but bigger.

And hopefully doesn't sound like shit, which that video does imply.

So the chest is basically what Game were doing with A Link Between Wolrds, but bigger.

And hopefully doesn't sound like shit, which that video does imply.

It was too far away from the microphone to hear properly. It was the same for the clock until he held it up to the microphone on his shirt.

Are there any Nintendo directs due ? I am getting a bad feeling we won't be getting this so late on.