NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

There's a 0.1% chance that this cameo could possibly make people like Fi, but I still think she's a great inclusion. Lots of potential in a dancer-style moveset :)

Screw Fi! Is that the freaking BALL AND CHAIN!?

@Dcubed! Ball and chain! YES! ALL MY YES!

But it still won't be 1-1 motion controlled... We're gonna get cockteased... yet again :cry:

But it still won't be 1-1 motion controlled... We're gonna get cockteased... yet again :cry:

Well, not really. We know that this game isn't going to be 1-1, so there's no disappointment this time.

With Skyward Sword, when we saw it was 1-1, we both thought that the Ball and Chain would fit in perfectly.

Here, it's another toy to play with. Which is all you can really ask of it.

There's always a CRAZY amount of playable characters in the DW games. I think there was close to 80 in DW8.

Wow that's loads. Even if we had a fraction of that we'll probably at least get a few more recognisable ones. lol

I know they like female characters, and they've done an amazing job with Shia's design, but you really would think they'd put a Goron (Darunia?), a Zora and Fierce Deity Link in there as playable characters.

They seem to be focusing on a few eras for now, but the synopsis of the game suggests it will use more (the Marjoa's Mask moon was just a tease).

I'm pretty sure that Princess Ruto will be in the game, and Darunia is a likely candidate.

Yep, everyone expected Girahim to show his fabulous self in this.

Translated details from Famitsu concerning the latest scans:

• No indication as to whether or not Ghirahim is playable yet; the description in Famitsu could be be about his boss moves or character outline as general

• If Link uses Power gloves and drops off ball & chain, he can lift pillars, jars or even enemies

• With the legendary baton from Wind waker, Zelda can command winds and fight by playing songs

• You can blow enemies away with wind or the sound can turn into lightning bolts

• You can also summon tornados to snatch enemies away

• After you select a character for a stage you select the weapon

• You can’t change weapons in battle

• Weapons differ a lot from each other and it is part of the fun to test which one suits you

• Can shop between battles

• Shopping area includes at least training room, potion shop, badge shop and junk shop

• Junk shop will be introduced in a later magazine

• In training shop you can pay rupees to level up your character

• Characters also level up through normal gameplay

• Potions are one time use only and cause special effect during a battle

• It seems that one potion makes easier to obtain weapons (not entirely clear)

• Badge shop uses rupees and raw materials to buy permanent badges

• Raw materials are obtained from killing monsters and monsters have unique loot as well as some rare drops

• Enemies also drop rupees

• One badge makes weak spot gauge to fill up faster

• Badge shop interface seems like a tree of sorts so I guess you have to make badges in a certain order, no word about it though

• You can see from stage select menu if a stage has heart containers or pieces to collect but you may need to use a certain character to get them

• Heart container/pieces work pretty much like in any Zelda game

• You may also obtain a power up bow from a chest The bow makes weak spot gauge to last longer and can attack multiple enemies from afar

• Fi moves by floating midair, can transform into a sword to slash enemies

• Link meets Fi in the Skyloft’s Goddess’ temple

• Ghirahim fights with magical swords, can summon enemies and change place in an instant, likes to toy with his enemies

• The imprisoned is tall as a mountain and emits damaging waves when it steps

• Cia twists space-time to summon forth areas from Skyward sword, e.g. Skyloft and Sealed grounds as pictured

• Pumpkin island is crashed with Skyloft as pictured

Edited by Wii

Those images look glorious. :)

Almost makes you wonder how good Skyward Sword could look if they decided to do a HD remake, except that game would need a bit more than a lick of paint to fix its issues :indeed: but I digress as it was still a good game.

This though... genuinely hyped for it! : peace:

Oh my! And I've only just seen the Ball & Chain plus 'dat HD pillar!' after that edit, so awesome! :D

Is it bad that, even if it's paid DLC, I will get those costumes for Link & Zelda? :p

Is it bad that, even if it's paid DLC, I will get those costumes for Link & Zelda? :p

Providing the costumes look as good as they do in the promotional shots or hopefully even better in-game then no, I'd say that's perfectly acceptable. : peace:

Though there should be a special edition which gives you all of the costumes for a decent price or just a mass reduction if you buy them all... even if they kind of should be in the game from the start... but then again, future costumes may come out plus possible future characters unless they save those for a sequel - providing this does well - so I'd say it's fine to buy the dlc so long as there isn't too much of it at too high a price. :)

Providing the costumes look as good as they do in the promotional shots or hopefully even better in-game then no, I'd say that's perfectly acceptable. : peace:

Though there should be a special edition which gives you all of the costumes for a decent price or just a mass reduction if you buy them all... even if they kind of should be in the game from the start... but then again, future costumes may come out plus possible future characters unless they save those for a sequel - providing this does well - so I'd say it's fine to buy the dlc so long as there isn't too much of it at too high a price. :)

We'll get Nintendo Network Premium points for it anyway, before the end of the year at least :p

Here's another interesting screenshot

BsK_AIfCMAAqgvc.jpg:large

Oh! That was the Wind Waker?

Awesome choice of weapon there! And nice to be moving away from Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess now.

I hope it still has those choir chants whenever you do a big attack or something. That would be sweet!

Link having Power Gloves for the Ball and Chain is also quite clever. Gets around the fact that TP Link could never wield it that effortlessly.

I'm not paying for any DLC. Least of all costumes. It's bull$h1t in my eyes as it's blatantly ripping people off. How much effort would these costumes take? They're just copying assets from existing games. They're probably already done sitting there waiting to try and cash in on them. Not me, I depise this practise(that's if it's confirmed that we have to pay for them).

Is Sakurai going to charge us for alternate costumes in Smash Bros.? No, I didn't think so.

No indication as to whether or not Ghirahim is playable yet; the description in Famitsu could be be about his boss moves or character outline as general

There's no doubt he will be playable if he's in there. There's no way they'd have such a recognizeable character in a Dynasty Warriors type game and not be playable.

Anyone who thinks the roster will be all goodies is kidding themselves.

While I do agree that charging for something as simple as a costume change is in fact quite cheap, it's not as simple as "copy pasting assets from the older games. These are clearly all new models with new textures built from scratch for this game

This game is looking really good, shame they chose the Skyward Sword bokoblins

This game is looking really good, shame they chose the Skyward Sword bokoblins

Actually, it seems to depend on the stage you're playing. The Twilit Realm stage had the enemy designs from TP.

New pics

dl_link_01.jpgdl_zelda_01.jpg

Are those images saying the costumes will be includedincluded in the premium and treasure boxes?

Nope.

Man the more i see this the more i want this!

I wish they'd announce the special/treasure chest edition for us

This just goes to show what can be achieved if Nintendo lends its IPs out and gives a little oversight. This has gone from a "might get" to "most looked forward to game of the year" for me. Anyone want to make a topic about what other IPs you'd like to see hand out and be developed by who to crreate some new hybrid Nintendo game?

Ice Climbers given to WayForward for an action/puzzle game?